First home game v them of the new season. A query?

BigSteve

I currently live overseas and I am looking for help with something (not possible to phone up the hotline).

It is my brother's 30th birthday this year and unfortunately he has never experienced an Old Firm game at Ibrox.

I would like to get him a ticket for the first game against them at home this coming season. I appreciate such tickets are gold dust and so was wondering if there may be more opportunity with a hospitality package or similar?

Also, he lives in London so I would be interested in any packages that may involve travel and accommodation. Do such packages exist?

Let the roasting commence!

To get hospitality against them you usually have to buy a 3 game package, which includes the preceeding home game and the following home game.

Look at Thomas Cook Sports etc.(google Rangers sporting events, or Rangers v Celtic tickets).

Won’t be hospitality, but they do overnight packages and a pretty average ticket somewhere in the stadium.

Lad from work used it years back. Was in CD7.

Look at Thomas Cook Sports etc.(google Rangers sporting events, or Rangers v Celtic tickets).

Won’t be hospitality, but they do overnight packages and a pretty average ticket somewhere in the stadium.

Thanks Crouchy. Sounds more reasonable for my situation than a 3 game package I know we cant realistically use (he'll often work weekends and I'm likely to be somewhere around China!)

I bought an individual Club Europe game for Celtic last year. If you give them a call you can get them.

I bought an individual Club Europe game for Celtic last year. If you give them a call you can get them.

That sounds interesting.

Will look into that. Thanks

Guess I need to wait for the fixtures to be released first.

To get hospitality against them you usually have to buy a 3 game package, which includes the preceeding home game and the following home game.

Not true,my family got an Ibrox suite hospitality for my birthday v them ( last game ).It was simply a one off.

My advice to the OP is to phone Rangers when the hospitailty packages become available,i'm sure you'll get sorted out.

Has there ever been an Old Firm game for the first game of the season? Is it even possible?
To answer your question, Yes.
As Champions, we opened the 75-76 season with a 2-1 win at Ibrox.
The following season 76-77, we opened with a 2-2 draw at the Piggery.
We have also opened the season with games against them in the League Cup also.

And long as it’s not in the Govan/Broomloan corner.

Not sure if they still do them. It ised to be 250 for the ticket and a hotel overnight stay. They stopped thst when we dropped down the leagues, i haven't checked recently

I’m still hoping they will either be a. Put out of existence or b. Put down to 4th tier.

Ballarat isn't just round the corner from Ibrox! Second person I've ever encountered who lives there.

I know, cool story bro.

You don't work at the uni there, do you??

Obviously I was meaning the Derby game. Honestly never realised there was a definitive rule they alternated . Not sure how I've missed this. Cheers

Obviously I was meaning the Derby game. Honestly never realised there was a definitive rule they alternated . Not sure how I've missed this. Cheers
Yep, whoever has the first one at home ends up with 3 out of 5 post split fixtures away, and vice versa, and it rotates every season.

So this season we will host them at Ibrox first, the new year game will be at Parkhead, and we will have played 17 home and 16 away at the split.

Yep, whoever has the first one at home ends up with 3 out of 5 post split fixtures away, and vice versa, and it rotates every season.

So this season we will host them at Ibrox first, the new year game will be at Parkhead, and we will have played 17 home and 16 away at the split.
Makes sense mate. Just never realised . So is it only been alternating since the split came in then?

I currently live overseas and I am looking for help with something (not possible to phone up the hotline).

It is my brother's 30th birthday this year and unfortunately he has never experienced an Old Firm game at Ibrox.

I would like to get him a ticket for the first game against them at home this coming season. I appreciate such tickets are gold dust and so was wondering if there may be more opportunity with a hospitality package or similar?

Also, he lives in London so I would be interested in any packages that may involve travel and accommodation. Do such packages exist?

Let the roasting commence!
I done it about 8 years ago. Price included ticket and hotel (the one across from the clutha). I think it was about £200pp and was booked via Thomas Cook sports. No idea if if they still do it though.

Back