First real black mark against the manager and players today

SDF

Stevie G - Got the selection wrong. No coincidence that we've struggled when fitting Morelos and Lafferty in together. We're at our best when we use width. He needs to pick one and be done with it.

Players - Rank rotten. Attitude was unacceptable and no responsibility was taken by any of them. Refusal to shoot was bizarre. Worrall did his best Russell Martin impression today. Katic is so superior to him it's not funny. Orginisation at set pieces was non existant. Morelos back to his petulant worst after a great couple of games. Candeias wants to argue rather than play and shouldn't be near the team on current form. Kent was the only one willing to run at players and even then created nothing.

No pass marks for anyone. Thoroughly fúcked off with that today.

Tbf Kent created our best chance of the game when he played in Morelos (albeit at an angle). Other than that I agree with everything else.

Sorry SDF but the first real black mark against SG came at the piggery.Got that totally wrong and it seems to have been repeated today which is worrying in the extreme.
The 2nd half at Motherwell was another exercise in hiding and not getting anywhere near the required standard.

We seem weak and predictable away from home - needs a radical rethink on how he approaches these games

Honestly don't think a different team selection would've made any difference today, not one player looked comfortable on that pitch so any players in the line up instead would've been the same. Was all down to attitude and pace of play today IMO, on a pitch like that you need to get in the other teams face as well as mixing the play up. Far too slow today allowing them to keep their shape.

The manager is to blame for this.

Changes his formation for away games and we see the results.
Far too many changes which suggests he has no respect for his opponents.

Sick of Morelos alerting us down in important games when we need a result

We fucking better beat Hearts next week or we are screwed.

That is the worst I have ever seen Rangers play since Ally’s team about 5 years ago.

The league is the main priority so unless there is any injuries Goldson Katic and McGregor should play every game no excuses there

This is the kind of thing the manager has to learn quickly

So then why is Katic not on. We are in a league title race, going to an extremely difficult venue. Name one top team that rotates their centre half’s the way we do. Our best eleven should be starting every league match, with rotation in Europe, if needs be and only if needs be. My 10 year makes less changes to his team playing Fifa.

Tbf Kent created our best chance of the game when he played in Morelos (albeit at an angle). Other than that I agree with everything else.

And Morelos needs to bury that chance BTW. He needs to rap this hitting it hard straight at the keeper. It's getting tiresome.

I would argue the shambolic 2nd half display at Motherwell was the first black mark followed by not turning up at the Piggery but that’s splitting hairs I suppose.

The manager needs to get this sorted and quickly, horrendous away form like what we are showing just isn’t acceptable.

That is the worst I have ever seen Rangers play since Ally’s team about 5 years ago.

Too far mate

Made a mistake playing lafferty and worrel but everyone else was utter shite so take your pick. A ducking disgraceful result.

Playing football in your own half will get you nowhere on theses surfaces it’s all about turning the opposition and winning second balls until we realise this we will struggle.

Had to happen sometime!

True. And he's going to make mistakes as he goes.

I think today will tell him a lot. He kept the post match interview low key but I read from it that he's going to go through a couple of players this week.

Pittodrie apart our away performances have been shambolic, we were hemmed in by Motherwell and couldn’t get out, a goal was inevitable and it duly came, we were totally outclassed at the Piggery and today was as embarrassing as anything produced under Pedro and Murty.

Extremely worrying and the gaffer stands motionless on the sidelines.

The 2nd half at Motherwell was another exercise in hiding and not getting anywhere near the required standard.

We seem weak and predictable away from home - needs a radical rethink on how he approaches these games
And the easy way we capitulated at the piggery. There are quite a few signs of issues.

We have a decent system, we should stick with it.

We play with two pacy wide men, off a focal point attacker. We then need one, ideally two midfielders running from deep to break the lines.

Right and left back should then support that.

Centre half’s should just defend.

We had it nailed.

We’re losing points shoehorning Lafferty & Morelos into the team at the expense of players better suited to our style.

Not sure Worrall was culpable for the goals, but his distribution and positioning was poor. He’s that annoying lady's front bottom at fives who decides to chip pass every ball. It slows the game down and allows the opposition to get behind the ball.

Well done Livi. Deserved the win. We knew your game and we weren’t able to master a plan to defeat it.

I was surprised Grezda never came on as well? He must still be a bit away because Candeias was having a nightmare yet he still didn't get on.

Candeias should be nowhere near the starting XI on that performance.

I thought his attitude was a disgrace today.

Players playing poorly is one thing. Players chucking their dummy out is another. And he wasn't the only one.

Chill out, it’s really not the worst a rangers team has played in 5 years, it really isn’t

We've had bad halves- Motherwell, Stade de Gadd, Villareal, but today was really our first horrendous performance

True. And he's going to make mistakes as he goes.

I think today will tell him a lot. He kept the post match interview low key but I read from it that he's going to go through a couple of players this week.

Let's hope we get the desired reaction, it was sickening today and predictable early on that we did not look like doing anything add to that how far we were from individual opposing players which allowed them much time and space to freely pass to each other! Had that sick feeling watching it, I hope the players feel the same after that performance?

Yes

We created nothing

Their Keeper not troubled

Midfield were all dreadful

CHs woeful

Our front 2 were rank rotten.

There wasn’t one single positive from today, not one.

I'm as pissed off as you but have a cup of tea mate if you genuinely think that was worse than anything served to us in the last 5 years. Beyond hysterical.

Chopping and changing the centre halfs

The subs at pitrodrie

Brining on lee wallace at a 93 min corner

The celtic performance

Keep this up and every club will have gerrard sussed away from home. The away form is pathetic

Its bonkers that everyone was expecting us to play our normal game on that joke of a pitch. Craziness. Did everyone not notice us taking two or three touches to even try and control the ball ? We were at a huge disadvantage today. :confused:

And Morelos needs to bury that chance BTW. He needs to rap this hitting it hard straight at the keeper. It's getting tiresome.

Morelos almost never keeps it down when he's on the keeper-it's a basic skill-low and hard is more difficult to save as the keeper has to adjust -the minute you lift it the keepers body and arms give him a better chance.

I read on here last week he is the total striker though and you'll get called for trolling by stating the obvious-he's not.

I make that the second (possibly third) black mark. If the players are going to take flak the manager has to take it too, he’s the leader.

Special mention for Lafferty who didn’t get involved at all but gets afforded a bit more protection than most.

Morelos almost never keeps it down when he's on the keeper-it's a basic skill-low and hard is more difficult to save as the keeper has to adjust -the minute you lift it the keepers body and arms give him a better chance.

I read on here last week he is the total striker though and you'll get called for trolling by stating the obvious-he's not.

Our pal will be on soon enough to call us out and tell us how disgusted he is with us...

Back