First real black mark against the manager and players today

Yet another great chance missed

His wild effort near the end too was Sebo-esque

For £25k a week he must be finishing these chances

I’d actually have taken him off before Lafferty
Lafferty would have offered more of an aerial threat anyway , to be fair both contributed very little

Our pal will be on soon enough to call us out and tell us how disgusted he is with us...

We all want Morelos to step on....I was pleased he was playing against Ayr as I thought more goals etc will help him make that move forward.

The reality is AM is not sustaining form and we need him to.

He had a genuine excuse for the piggery.
None for today.
Yes mate agreed.I gave him the benefit of the doubt after the piggery game but today the buck stops with SG.Called it wrong.He's got to learn very quickly how to pick up points on the road and rotating the squad when there's no need is not the way to do it.

There have been too many games like today away from home to ignore this as nothing other than a real issue
Motherwell first 15mins & entire 2nd half
Piggery for the majority of the game
Then today was horrific

Games like today win or lose you titles but games like today also put you under pressure for the entire season going tits up when your next game comes around as the pressure is really on
With ours being v Hearts we now face a massive test of character with no room for anything other than 3 points
But that doesn't solve this ongoing shocking away form in the league

Morelos almost never keeps it down when he's on the keeper-it's a basic skill-low and hard is more difficult to save as the keeper has to adjust -the minute you lift it the keepers body and arms give him a better chance.

I read on here last week he is the total striker though and you'll get called for trolling by stating the obvious-he's not.

When I first saw the chance I thought he tried to chip the keeper, but it was just a poor shot, pretty easy for the keeper. I also thought when seeing you've got to shoot low and hard there.

Games like this we desperately need a playmaker, someone who we can take the ball and control what we are doing. We needed a spark and nobody was providing it.

Nobody got passing marks today. Worrell is dreadful and needs to be back on the bench. Katic should be starting with Goldson every week. They built a great partnership and we shouldn’t be messing with it in important league games.

I make that the second (possibly third) black mark. If the players are going to take flak the manager has to take it too, he’s the leader.

Special mention for Lafferty who didn’t get involved at all but gets afforded a bit more protection than most.

You have to admit Morelos was shit today and again in an important match when we need something he lets us down.

Nobody gets pass marks today.
No plan b is worrying.
Don't get why he didn't play Katic.
Morelos and Lafferty can't start the game.
And also we were very poor defensively and had nothing in final third.
Back down to earth with a bang.
Always rated Liam Kelly and he made a good save from Morelos and was solid today.
Do our best in Europe but the league is more important so won't be sad to go out fighting and maybe finish 3rd in group we need to focus on league. We have a chance to win it this year and the europe games will cost us. Done great to get to the group stage but any further we can kiss the league goodbye.

Jack wouldn’t have made a difference. He’s another midfielder that is tidy on the ball but not able to penetrate a defense. We cry out for young Steven Davis type.

Stevie G - Got the selection wrong. No coincidence that we've struggled when fitting Morelos and Lafferty in together. We're at our best when we use width. He needs to pick one and be done with it.

Players - Rank rotten. Attitude was unacceptable and no responsibility was taken by any of them. Refusal to shoot was bizarre. Worrall did his best Russell Martin impression today. Katic is so superior to him it's not funny. Orginisation at set pieces was non existant. Morelos back to his petulant worst after a great couple of games. Candeias wants to argue rather than play and shouldn't be near the team on current form. Kent was the only one willing to run at players and even then created nothing.

No pass marks for anyone. Thoroughly fúcked off with that today.
There has been a few others. This is nothing like the first.

When I first saw the chance I thought he tried to chip the keeper, but it was just a poor shot, pretty easy for the keeper. I also thought when seeing you've got to shoot low and hard there.

He does this commonly I don't know why it's not being coached out of him-when you are in that position even if you mishit it you might score if you keep it low and hard and at the goals-it'll go through the keepers legs, break over his foot whatever.

He has a habit of two things-blootering it when through and miskicking wildly....I'd expect to see this worked on as he is being doing it since he arrived and to be frank it's got no better. It's not much different from a golfer or tennis player ironing out problems by practising on it...

He does this commonly I don't know why it's not being coached out of him-when you are in that position even if you mishit it you might score if you keep it low and hard and at the goals-it'll go through the keepers legs, break over his foot whatever.

He has a habit of two things-blootering it when through and miskicking wildly....I'd expect to see this worked on as he is being doing it since he arrived and to be frank it's got no better. It's not much different from a golfer or tennis player ironing out problems by practising on it...

I like Morelos and think he offers a lot to the team, however if he doesn't improve his finishing as you've said it will always be a big black mark on his game.

I like Morelos and think he offers a lot to the team, however if he doesn't improve his finishing as you've said it will always be a big black mark on his game.

There are bams on here that can't follow that anybody with a brain and a pair of eyes loves the positives he brings-the reality is he remains an enigma and the minute he settles and improves by stepping up a level he's leaving for big bucks. However if he doesn't we are probably in trouble as he is so important to us.

You have to admit Morelos was shit today and again in an important match when we need something he lets us down.

He was, they were all shit, he did try though.

Are they only important games if theyre ones he doesn’t score in though? That was Livingston away today, not Tyncastle or the Glitterdome.

There was no service to the front two anyway. Tav got in some great positions but spent 90 minutes passing the ball back to their keeper.

He was, they were all shit, he did try though.

Are they only important games if theyre ones he doesn’t score in though? That was Livingston away today, not Tyncastle or the Glitterdome.

There was no service to the front two anyway. Tav got in some great positions but spent 90 minutes passing the ball back to their keeper.

There was service although not great.

When they did get it none of Lafferty or Morelos could hold the ball to allow the midfield to get up.
Morelos decision making was dreadful all day.
Morelos is always a player who scores when we are doing well, in a match when we are struggling he never seems to pull something out to get us back into a game.
Things both of us have criticised the likes of Tav, Candieas and Windass when he was here can be levelled at Morelos until he actually changes it.
He needs to dig us out of trouble sometimes and he needs to score against Celtic.
He could improve his game a great deal if he stopped getting caught offside so much and when a chance isn’t really on he passes to a team mate.

The manager got it wrong today.

A winning formula changed again and we struggled, again. We learnt nothing from the Motherwell or Bheast games.

The players will take some flak but it’s simple - the tactics and formation was all wrong.

First black mark?

What about all the other away League games?

Motherwell was bloody honking beyond belief!

Our Management better start watching the Tim’s games for their weakness’ Cos u can bet your bottom dollar they’re watching ours to plan ahead.

That’s an absolute shocker of a result. No getting around it, it’s as woeful a result as it was a performance.

SG is still learning his trade, he has made and will continue to make mistakes. Motherwell, piggery and now here. We have to hope he’s learning where he’s going wrong and has a plan to put things right. We also have to hope he knows how to read the riot act to his team and get some reaction from them in the next match.

The players deserve credit for a number of performances this season, but they also deserve to be slaughtered for this abomination. They need to learn how to grind out results at hovels like this.

The next 2 league matches will be very interesting. Home to Hearts who are playing well, so a good performance is essential to peg them back. Then away to Hamilton, which should be a guaranteed 3 points if this team want to be taken seriously as league challengers. Anything less and serious questions will have to be asked of all concerned.

Its bonkers that everyone was expecting us to play our normal game on that joke of a pitch. Craziness. Did everyone not notice us taking two or three touches to even try and control the ball ? We were at a huge disadvantage today. :confused:
Does every other club that play there not have the same problem

We just can't get that 'sleeves up, get fired in' attitude away from home.

It's fairly frequent away from home and we are struggling it's very hard to look around our team and see where the spark is going to come from to turn the tide.

We resorted to putting balls into the box but had taken off our 6ft 3 striker.

He changes to much for away games

I think that we all have to accept that sometimes shit like this happens. The manager is at his best when he sort of gets what to expect from opponents around playing back to front in short speedy bursts. With Livvy and Motherwell style opponents he seems to want to adapt our game to compete with theirs instead of just playing our game and nullifying their game with our own high intensity. It’s never going to work, but he’s no fool and he’ll learn. We’ll face more bad days this season, but I’m confident that we’re well on the way to better times.

I would however say that I do expect (and have not been disappointed) with the doomsday posters who’re already all over this like tramps on a bag of chips.

There was service although not great.

When they did get it none of Lafferty or Morelos could hold the ball to allow the midfield to get up.
Morelos decision making was dreadful all day.
Morelos is always a player who scores when we are doing well, in a match when we are struggling he never seems to pull something out to get us back into a game.
Things both of us have criticised the likes of Tav, Candieas and Windass when he was here can be levelled at Morelos until he actually changes it.
He needs to dig us out of trouble sometimes and he needs to score against Celtic.
He could improve his game a great deal if he stopped getting caught offside so much and when a chance isn’t really on he passes to a team mate.

And the other 10 could always step up too.

If there was service today I missed it. All I saw was someone scrapping with passes into generally non threatening areas.

The biggest black mark against Gerrard is putting too much faith in the players, he believes we should beat a Livingston team because we have better players, we are Rangers and we have the will and self-respect to overcome most adversities we'll come up against.
Today should finally have disabused him of that romantic outlook and hopefully he's now accepted that he is giving these players too much respect.
We continue to lack leadership when it's not going our way and until that gets remedied days like today will happen regularly.
We need a leader on the pitch.

Last edited:
And the other 10 could always step up too.

If there was service today I missed it. All I saw was someone scrapping with passes into generally non threatening areas.

I agree with you on most matters mate in how we see the games. Morelos like last week for us can be immense. However when he plays like he did today and his failure to turn up once against the scum, then he deserves to be highlighted for his performances.
He seems to never dig us out of a hole when things aren’t going well , which is one of the marks for a top class striker.
I agree when you defend him against idiots who talk shite about him, but when he is as woeful as he was today then he deserves every bit of criticism.
The only defence I will give him is Gerrard is to blame for the result for changing the formation.
Morelos and Lafferty together don’t work.
It is another negative though about Morelos who doesn’t seem to work well with a partner due to him being so selfish.
If he wants to go further and become a constant in the Columbia team he needs to work better with his team mates and getting goals when things are not going well for his team.

I agree with you on most matters mate in how we see the games. Morelos like last week for us can be immense. However when he plays like he did today and his failure to turn up once against the scum, then he deserves to be highlighted for his performances.
He seems to never dig us out of a hole when things aren’t going well , which is one of the marks for a top class striker.
I agree when you defend him against idiots who talk shite about him, but when he is as woeful as he was today then he deserves every bit of criticism.
The only defence I will give him is Gerrard is to blame for the result for changing the formation.
Morelos and Lafferty together don’t work.
It is another negative though about Morelos who doesn’t seem to work well with a partner due to him being so selfish.
If he wants to go further and become a constant in the Columbia team he needs to work better with his team mates and getting goals when things are not going well for his team.

In my opinion that’s really unfair though. He’s a striker, if he’s not getting service it’s going to be hard for him to score, and he didn’t get anything today, he didn’t play well at all, but to expect him to dig us out of that shitefest is very unfair. When he gets good chances and fluffs then he rightfully gets flak, today however, was a shambles from front to back.

Again I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve criticism, I just can’t go him being singled out for special criticism all the time. We had people in the match thread demanding he be brought off at half time, despite the fact Lafferty didn’t get involved AT ALL. As much as I like him, he’s not the type of player who’s going to pick up the ball just inside the half way line and beat everyone and score, that’s what would have been needed today with how poor the midfield were, the service from both Tav and Barisic was really poor.

Selection and tactics were wrong, added to which, the entire team looked very flat indeed. Early days, I know, but I hope we`re not shaping up to be the opposite of last season i.e. strong at home and vulnerable on the road.

I'm worried SG will not learn his lesson. He played AM and KL against them, that should have been enough to realise it doesn't work yet he did it again today. I hope he realises now because KL is a fine CF (Never a winger).

I'm worried SG will not learn his lesson. He played AM and KL against them, that should have been enough to realise it doesn't work yet he did it again today. I hope he realises now because KL is a fine CF (Never a winger).

Hope he never plays both at the same time again

We all want Morelos to step on....I was pleased he was playing against Ayr as I thought more goals etc will help him make that move forward.

The reality is AM is not sustaining form and we need him to.

Look at this season - 8 goals but 4 of them in the League Cup which leaves 2 goals in 7 in the league and 2 goals in 8 in Europe. That's 4 goals in those 15 games. It's a lamentable return for a main Rangers striker.

For a guy we're paying the guts of near £30,000 a week it simply isn't good enough. I don't care how harsh that sounds. The truth is he's been placed on a pedesatal by a section of the support and been given a massive contract by the club and the reality is he hasn't done near enough to justify either.

Look at this season - 8 goals but 4 of them in the League Cup which leaves 2 goals in 7 in the league and 2 goals in 8 in Europe. That's 4 goals in those 15 games. It's a lamentable return for a main Rangers striker.

For a guy we're paying the guts of near £30,000 a week it simply isn't good enough. I don't care how harsh that sounds. The truth is he's been placed on a pedesatal by a section of the support and been given a massive contract by the club and the reality is he hasn't done near enough to justify either.

We are relying heavily on him developing-it's up for debate the progress he is making-he never quite sustains the form we require but yes he is young as is the season.

I think he should be working on his finishing every day-I believe if he does that and starts to show more skill in finishing then it's win, win.

Christ this Morelos stuff.

A hard worker and a handful for defenders but a poor finisher.

The running bitch fest between posters who don't like each other over it would embarras a group of 14 year old girls.

True. And he's going to make mistakes as he goes.

I think today will tell him a lot. He kept the post match interview low key but I read from it that he's going to go through a couple of players this week.
Personally he should not keep it to a couple of players each and every one of the starting 11 should receive a massive foot up the rear . We did not turn up today and got what was deserved. No excuses please.

We are relying heavily on him developing-it's up for debate the progress he is making-he never quite sustains the form we require but yes he is young as is the season.

I think he should be working on his finishing every day-I believe if he does that and starts to show more skill in finishing then it's win, win.

Absolutely. I get the argument that he's young and still developing but his contract status is that of a star player who'll make the difference. He's simply not at that level as a player . Yet.

His hard work off the ball will ultimately count for not much if he keeps failing to stick the ball away when it comes to the crunch. Like you said, we knew exactly how that chance today was ending up - high and hard straight at the keeper. We've been watching this for well over a year now.

Watched the Ryder Cup programme after the Livingston game. The American bloke who was asked to sum up the performance of the USA said that he felt that the American team was probably ahead of the European team, in playing ability but the main reason why they lost was because they were unable to match the passion and commitment of the European team. Suspect that he might have used similar words if he had watched the Livingston/Rangers match

Hard not to consider the stance against the mentally challengeds as a black mark.

We needed to have got into their faces, taken the game to them and pressed them into submission. We did none of that, sat back, watched them play, invited them onto us and hardly got out of our own half in nearly an hour.

Others have shown what can be done by taking the game directly to them. We failed to do that, because the manager feared a heavy loss and another capitulation. I know why he did it (to protect morale and momentum), but it was the wrong thing to do, IMO. They could have been got at - we just weren't courageous enough to give it a proper go.

Sorry SDF but the first real black mark against SG came at the piggery.Got that totally wrong and it seems to have been repeated today which is worrying in the extreme.
The three away games so far have not been easy on the eye for watching bears thats for sure.

In my opinion that’s really unfair though. He’s a striker, if he’s not getting service it’s going to be hard for him to score, and he didn’t get anything today, he didn’t play well at all, but to expect him to dig us out of that shitefest is very unfair. When he gets good chances and fluffs then he rightfully gets flak, today however, was a shambles from front to back.

Again I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve criticism, I just can’t go him being singled out for special criticism all the time. We had people in the match thread demanding he be brought off at half time, despite the fact Lafferty didn’t get involved AT ALL. As much as I like him, he’s not the type of player who’s going to pick up the ball just inside the half way line and beat everyone and score, that’s what would have been needed today with how poor the midfield were, the service from both Tav and Barisic was really poor.

Totally agree Morellas finishing at times is woeful but he was all over the park trying hard to get balls and create as no one else was there was 10 others worse than him.

Back