First song you’ll play when league is won.

Won’t be the first song by any means and yes I’m well aware of their political views but at some point Tubthumping
by Chumbawamba is going on simply as a reminder of the first game at Ibrox post demotion (v E Fife) when it was played after every goal. We’ve come a long way since
A song by ira supporters.
Though it is one of their better efforts.

It'll be the Big Gayboy himself for me. What a chanter.

vSe70y.gif

I bought Mental as Anything's 'Live it Up' in both 7" and 12" vinyl way back in 1986, then in the summer i binned all of my vinyl as we were getting the house done up. Low and behold a few months later Rangers adopt Live it Up.... raging i binned them!!!
Fucking tipical that

Simply the best by oor Tina, maybe a bit generic/predictable/boring but I still get goosebumps when that's played at Ibrox on big game days and the whole stadium, pumped with adrenaline, belts out the words along with her. Just let us back in for that alone!

Although not born, I’ll go for a 86/87 favourite

I am sure that was on a record my uncle gave me when i was younger and had other songs. He gave me a few of them and I gave them to my pals.

I am sure he brought them home from selling follow follow. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

plenty of great tunes to pick from but the first thought in my head will be absent friends .too many departed friends and family over the last 8 years and they will be at the forefront of my mind

Louie Louie by Toots and the Maytals. About as feelgood as it gets.
Or Beethoven's Eroica symphony. It was once voted the greatest piece of classical music by professional conductors, it's an amazing piece of music. Turn it up to eleven and have your mind blown. Officially, it's titled Opus 55. How about them apples?

Last edited:
I'm a huge Queen fan but haven't allowed myself to listen to 'We are the Champions' since we were demoted. I've said the first time I play it is when we are.

Can't wait!!
Have you got your ticket for the Hydro next June for a singalong?

Louie Louie by Toots and the Maytals. About as feelgood as it gets.
Or Beethoven's Eroica symphony. It was once voted the greatest piece of classical music by professional conductors, it's an amazing piece of music. Turn it up to eleven and have your mind blown. Officially, it's titled Opus 55. How about them apples?

I think even your Tim neighbours would rather you played The Best by Oor Tina.

Queen - We are the champions.
100% got to be.
With tears coming down my face.

The opening lyrics just sounding somuch more poignant now.....

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I've come through
And we mean to go on and on and on and on

We are the champions, my friends

Back