Andy Firth New Deal

Good decision, I thought he looked okay in the Kille game last season when he came on plus he looks decent in the warm ups (tongue in check for the 2nd point)...

A deal that probably had to be done in terms of keeping the numbers up in that position. Best of luck to him but he’s no chance of getting anywhere near the first team

All things considered Wes leaving has forced us to make a bit of a choice here. Not a huge surprise but wonder what that means for McCrorie?

All things considered Wes leaving has forced us to make a bit of a choice here. Not a huge surprise but wonder what that means for McCrorie?

I'd imagine McCrorie might come back as number 2 next season, with the aim to transition into McGregor's spot in the following year or two.

Minimal outlay, he obviously loves being here, and the gaffer and Ross Wilson must think it’s the correct decision - therefore it’s ok by me

Hes just living the absolute dream and he knows it! Seems like a good guy as well, loves it here.

he's 23 and his best years are ahead of him would love to see him and McCrorie battle it out for our no 2 spot until Mcgregor calls it a day

Good to see as I like Andy especially after beating Celtic he was joining in and singing towards the fans

Thought he would be out the door in the summer. Gaffer must see him as No.2 material next season
Or a decent reliable no3 who is capable of playing in the reserves and doesn’t rock the boat. The squad will always have a few guys who will never make the first team but support the squad.

does he not want to play football FFS. ?

Yes its easy money
Yes its Rangers

Maybe we would all do it, but it does seem like a lack of ambition.

Got to remember he’s still only 23. He won’t even hit his peak for another 5 or 6 years.

I reckon he’ll learn far more here under this management team and being an understudy to McGregor than he would playing at Barrow.

He must be delighted to sign an extension to just basically turn up for training. His time will come eventually possibly if and when Wes moves on.

Back