Fist pumps, blowing kisses and GIRUY gestures

blueballs

All the self righteous threads about Alfies 2nd yellow being correct as if that should be the end of the story; it's no that hard to realise that the double standards is what's gauling.

So, fair enough. Alfie does a "up u" gesture and the ref deems it inflammatory. We've had Halliday at Morton and Candeias at St Mirren in recent years also pick up two yellows for henious offences, there seems a level of consistency sending off Rangers players in the immediate aftermath celebrating goals....lets accept then those willing to point out only that such an action merits a second yellow, and he walks.

What genuinely blows my mind but is how as a support we dont see the lack of consistency. Fine, send him off. Is anyone that seems happy enough to say this and move on really that daft as to wonder why such standards are only for Rangers players to adhere?

We are referred to a different standard. The fact (though it's weird as a collective 'support' we seem to put so much effort into this) that we can look at each instance in isolation and justify them on technicalities doesn't therefore mean its still not cheating. We all go over the limit but if you were the only one getting stopped for speeding, though 'technically' right, you'd be a bit miffed as to the reasons why noone else gets done.

Be in no doubt, we as a team are refereed differently. Make your own minds up why, but wrap the naivety and call things out for what they are

I don’t agree with you op that Alfie is doing a GIRUY, fist pump with the other hand on his shoulder and he has done it to the rangers fans on at least 2 occasions, I don’t think he’s say GIRUY to the rangers fans, do you?

I don’t agree with you op that Alfie is doing a GIRUY, fist pump with the other hand on his shoulder and he has done it to the rangers fans on at least 2 occasions, I don’t think he’s say GIRUY to the rangers fans, do you?
Maybe mate, though pics seem to show otherwise plus i was in 3rd row of the stand right at that side and he seemed to go towards the Well support.

But in no way that merits a yellow card. No way. And my point being that for those of us justifying the decision (not me) using the 'letter of the law' its only half a story.

The other half would be to question the double standards

Got a Tim on twitter claiming it's the columbian equivalent of the middle finger gesture... honestly not right in the head

Agreed. Screensaver on my phone is Alfie doing that exact gesture to bf1 having scored. Pretty sure he wasn't gesturing giruy.

All the self righteous threads about Alfies 2nd yellow being correct as if that should be the end of the story; it's no that hard to realise that the double standards is what's gauling.

So, fair enough. Alfie does a "up u" gesture and the ref deems it inflammatory. We've had Halliday at Morton and Candeias at St Mirren in recent years also pick up two yellows for henious offences, there seems a level of consistency sending off Rangers players in the immediate aftermath celebrating goals....lets accept then those willing to point out only that such an action merits a second yellow, and he walks.

What genuinely blows my mind but is how as a support we dont see the lack of consistency. Fine, send him off. Is anyone that seems happy enough to say this and move on really that daft as to wonder why such standards are only for Rangers players to adhere?

We are referred to a different standard. The fact (though it's weird as a collective 'support' we seem to put so much effort into this) that we can look at each instance in isolation and justify them on technicalities doesn't therefore mean its still not cheating. We all go over the limit but if you were the only one getting stopped for speeding, though 'technically' right, you'd be a bit miffed as to the reasons why noone else gets done.

Be in no doubt, we as a team are refereed differently. Make your own minds up why, but wrap the naivety and call things out for what they are
I'm sure you know this but wanted to point out; it's not just refereeing, it's EVERYTHING! Reporting, compliance officer activity, penalties levied by the SFA/SPL cabal.

Over exuberance for the spoon burners when they invade the pitch in the thousands, hooliganism when a few young bears get on the roof of a poorly constructed shelter which collapses at Kilmarnock. Not to mention poor Lennon being blown over by a coin when our players are attacked and assaulted with regularity and no punishment levied.

It's time someone sat down with Rangers' management and coaching staff and went through some recent history so they have an idea of the hypocrisy at work here. If they know, then they are only hurting themselves by not highlighting it. JMHO

Agreed. Screensaver on my phone is Alfie doing that exact gesture to bf1 having scored. Pretty sure he wasn't gesturing giruy.

leJBubY.jpg

players take so much abuse from opposition fans why can’t the make a simple gesture back ? Anyone remember Halliday against Morton no where near there fans. Plenty other players get away with not in a blue shirt though

Don’t forget about the fourth official. He can get certain players red carded when he feels like it.
Who was jobby midden today.No doubt he was the one who got Ryan Jack and babe ruth (the baseball bat thug) booked,but ignored donnelly's action as he started the carry on at half time.Already booked but the ref ignored his part in the carry on.

Got a Tim on twitter claiming it's the columbian equivalent of the middle finger gesture... honestly not right in the head
Did the Tim comment on Scott Brown doing the same to rangers fans last Sunday? In fact I have not heard anything from our usual stalkers about this!

Did the Tim comment on Scott Brown doing the same to rangers fans last Sunday? In fact I have not heard anything from our usual stalkers about this!

TBH, I dont know them, he jumped on a thread where I was calling an apologist for the media out. Wouldn't give them the shit off my shoe, so definitely not giving him any of my time or the satisfaction of a response. This was during their game, absolutely consumed by us.

O.P is bang on. I’v posted McLean doing it in a game against us ( Hearts) in full visibility that immediately jumped to mind. I’m sure there are plenty of others. Despite the protests of some of our own support and indeed manager, it isn’t a yellow card offence, or more rather it appears to be a selective yellow card offence which is even worse. Because we know how the “ selective” calls seem to go.

What about the Motherwell Young team of idiots who were throwing stuff at our players?
Aye but according to that pr*#k McFadden Morelos shouldnt make gestures to them cos he gets pelted with objects even though it was already throwin at him by the time the celebration was finished

Tin hat on just in, he was f@ckin stupid doing that end of story, a booking all day long.
Give them the ears etc, but come on we can all howl to the moon and back, but no matter what, it’s a booking.

Tin hat on just in, he was f@ckin stupid doing that end of story, a booking all day long.
Give them the ears etc, but come on we can all howl to the moon and back, but no matter what, it’s a booking.
You've no read the OP have you?

Aye okay it's a booking, but..............

You book one player for that, then you book every player for that.

The fact of the matter is referees decide who they will book and who they won't, the lack of consistency is appalling.

You've no read the OP have you?

Aye okay it's a booking, but..............
Mate i get you with the double standards, really do, but the only reason we are talking about this is what he did and surely he is not that stupid to think it would go unpunished.
F@ckin love the wee man but you could see it coming all day.
No wonder Defoe was warming up.

To all who think the rules justify the red card :

In any job, anywhere, anytime - no one is perfect. Forensic examination of any single person's conduct would result in numerous infractions (minor or major) and justify disciplinary measures. I always said to work colleagues, " Anyone can be sacked. If they want to get you, they will."

This applies to football, also. If they want to get Alfie, they will, and they do.

Alfie has done less to merit cards than any number of opponents in any game, as long as he's been here.

He has never injured an opponent.

It sickens me to read Bears justifying the red card today. If it is justified according to the rules he would have been joined by any number of Motherwell players.

It is refereeing to a different standard, plain and simple. Anyone who doesn't see that is naive in the extreme.

Back