"Fit and Proper" Martindale

You need to ask who at the SFA is fit and proper to sit on a panel. The irony of these cunts.

As for DM. He’s done his time and proved himself. If no one is allowed to work after committing a crime then why doesn’t every criminal not just get the death penalty and be done with it.

Which member of the Celtic board is a fit and proper person ? Re there boys club, sorry separate entity

Just listening to the Livingston manager being interviewed on Radio Shortbread.

Never knew he had to go through a "Fit and Proper" person meeting.

Guess when it's meant to be?

Wednesday at 3:30. Guess who they play on Wednesday night?

Unreal!

He did say that he was hoping it would be postponed.

We can all have our views on his past. But, who are the SFA to put him out the game - while playing a baseball bat wielding thug and a racist in the National team?
Having McKay in the role he had makes a mockery of this.

Look, he did the crime and he did his time. Everyone knows it, everyone has their views on it and many wont be able to get past it, which is fair enough.

The only reason he was picked up by Livingston in the first place is because when they were penniless, in chaos and in League One they put out an SOS for anyone with any sort of football experience to come in and volunteer their time for free to help out the manager.

He was doing construction and came in to help out his hometown club in any way he could. He had three interviews with the club due to his past but they allowed him to help out for free. He was probably the only person that applied

Since then he's put the hard yards in, had to do his badges overseas because the SFA told him to bolt, he's become a first team coach, assistant manager and now manager. He's taken his one-in-a-million chance to get back into football in any capacity and worked his socks off to save them from the abyss and move them forward.

Whilst many people will begrudge him getting the "opportunity to manage a top flight club" they're only in the position they are because of him.

Listening to him today it would be a disgrace if he is knocked back. Reading that just backs it up.

There has to be a time that the scale tips from what he was to what he worked to become.

He mentioned he was already knocked back (last year I think). He doesnt speak the way some managers do, but he's not hiding anything he is what he is.

Regardless whether you like him or not, at 3.30 pm on the day of an evening kick off he should be preparing for the game.

Reactions: TNT
Look, he did the crime and he did his time. Everyone knows it, everyone has their views on it and many wont be able to get past it, which is fair enough.

The only reason he was picked up by Livingston in the first place is because when they were penniless, in chaos and in League One they put out an SOS for anyone with any sort of football experience to come in and volunteer their time for free to help out the manager.

He was doing construction and came in to help out his hometown club in any way he could. He had three interviews with the club due to his past but they allowed him to help out for free. He was probably the only person that applied

Since then he's put the hard yards in, had to do his badges overseas because the SFA told him to bolt, he's become a first team coach, assistant manager and now manager. He's taken his one-in-a-million chance to get back into football in any capacity and worked his socks off to save them from the abyss and move them forward.

Whilst many people will begrudge him getting the "opportunity to manage a top flight club" they're only in the position they are because of him.

Thanks for posting this. I was just about to ask if anyone knew how he became involved with Livingston in the first place.

I think people are missing the real point here

Instead of preparing for a game against the scum, he's having to attend a meeting in Hampden that afternoon. They are being given every advantage going

The guy was obviously a wrong un, got serious time shoved up his arse, and served it. I'm assuming no transgressions since then, so I'd be inclined to give him a chance. If Livi are happy to employ him, I don't see what else matters tbh. Would be lololololololol if he guided his team to a victory against the crash barriers on Wednesday, then told afterwards he has been accepted as fit and proper. Conspiracy I tell ye! Hahaha.

Doesn’t deserve a second chance at all. Should be treated like the vermin he is
That's great in principal, but unless you are just going to murder everyone who ever commits a crime then I'd love to hear your thoughts on how to rehabilitate people.

After all, if you are going to deny every criminal the chance to earn an honest living, and they need to earn a living, you are more or less saying he should come out and return to drug dealing as it's all he knows and all he will be allowed to do...

He has paid his dues by being in jail for years, he should be allowed to have a career, he will use his lived experience to try and stop people being involved with drugs.

Drug dealing is an interesting concept from a moral point of view, people say drug dealers ruin lives, but nobody is making the drug addicts buy the drugs, they are buying it with their own free will.

Alcohol ruins a lot of lives, but people don't blame the supermarkets for selling the alcohol to the alcoholics.

No disrespect to the guy as he has imo been doing a great job, but you genuinely have to ask yourself if he can pass this criteria given the nature of the offence concerned. I fully get the sentiment of "the guy has done his time argument", but you also need to ask where the SFA draws the line on this. I would not like to be one of the people who are going to have to make this decision.

Meant to say too - he had to go through the same process last year and failed the fit and proper test.

I never knew about that either.
They wanted him to pay off the proceeds of crime cash he had outstanding. The fact he has only just paid this off to get through the sfa checks suggests he isn't quite as contrite as he claims.

They wanted him to pay off the proceeds of crime cash he had outstanding. The fact he has only just paid this off to get through the sfa checks suggests he isn't quite as contrite as he claims.
Or perhaps he simply didn‘t have the cash? Because money has been received at some point, doesn’t mean someone still has it. Perhaps someone has fronted it for him, in order for him to be able to take the job?

I have no idea to be honest, but I’d be cautious about jumping to judgment on facts unknown. All we know if that he and his family were living in flat that was the asset in question. All we know if that he and his family were living in flat that was the asset in question. He couldn’t sell it, if he had wanted to, because there was court order preventing it being sold until the proceeds of crime claim has been settled. Which would mean he needed to raised the cash against the property, and found balance another way. Not sure about you, but if I had to find the cash equivalent of the value of my house, I wouldn’t be able to do it overnight.

It was reported he had settled the claim (£34k) in 2018, so not sure it’s a “fact” that he has just paid it off to get through the checks.

Or perhaps he simply didn‘t have the cash? Because money has been received at some point, doesn’t mean someone still has it. Perhaps someone has fronted it for him, in order for him to be able to take the job?

I have no idea to be honest, but I’d be cautious about jumping to judgment on facts unknown. All we know if that he and his family were living in flat that was the asset in question. He couldn’t sell it, if he had wanted to, because there was court order preventing it being sold until the proceeds of crime claim has been settled. Which would mean he needed to raised the cash against the property, and found balance another way. Not sure about you, but if I had to find the cash equivalent of the value of my house, I wouldn’t be able to do it overnight.
Had I been a drug dealer I think I might have the cash somewhere.

The guy deserves a second chance, he's paid for his mistake and he should be deemed fit and proper
100% agree he also pleaded guilty and admitted he was wrong and has tried to better himself and should be allowed to manage after all is that not what rehabilitation is meant to be about

Back