Fitba’ Daft Podcast - Kenny Miller

The SR debate is a regular on here. I cannot, and will not, argue that he's not shit in front of the cameras. Its clearly not his strongest competency.:) In terms of fulfilling his role as an MD (he's not a CEO) I have no idea of his abilities nor, I suspect, do you. He obviously, for now at least, fulfills the role that the Chairman and Board of Directors wants him to fulfill. You might argue that means he's a 'patsy' but that might be what DK wants right now. The Chairman is getting praised to the high heavens on another thread, maybe we should accept he gets what he wants from his MD - regardless of that not tying in with what some/many on here want?

We've gone miles off topic now - from KM to JT to SR.:oops:
Och, it's pishing down here, passes the time. :)

Talking about SR as MD is immaterial here.
The praise for DK is merited.
The club needs to ensure it is treated equitably in the environment in which it operates. Failure to do so will, eventually, damage us to such an extent that even a Dave King may not be able to extricate and repair us. To resist that we need a Gerrard in the boardroom, the reason for us not having such is down to the Chairman and his appreciation of the situation.

Och, it's pishing down here, passes the time. :)

Talking about SR as MD is immaterial here.
The praise for DK is merited.
The club needs to ensure it is treated equitably in the environment in which it operates. Failure to do so will, eventually, damage us to such an extent that even a Dave King may not be able to extricate and repair us. To resist that we need a Gerrard in the boardroom, the reason for us not having such is down to the Chairman and his appreciation of the situation.

We don't disagree in truth. I think the main point I am making is that SR does the job he's been asked to do, no more, no less. If that keeps his bosses happy then the 'guns' should be pointing at his bosses rather than him. I can only assume DK has a reason for taking that line. It may be that, in its simplest terms, there is so much 'noise' around the Club right now that he sees a 'Rottweiler-style' CEO as simply adding unnecessarily to that. One thing we can be sure of - whether we agree or disagree with him - is that he will have a reason for it, it is not by 'accident'.

The fact that Stevie G had them put up blue sheeting around the area used for the first team to prepare for forthcoming matches suggests he felt the leaks were coming not from within the squad but from someone watching at THTC - either from inside, or outside, the wire.

Does Rebekah Vardy follow us on any social media platforms?

Kenny Miller is a footballing mercenary. He did his job well, and was well paid for his service. He shows no loyalty to anyone but himself and as such we owe him none.

Exactly the way my auld man describes him. Miller cares about Miller. He wore that green and grey rag. He'll never be one of us. No matter what pish he spouts in the media

Call me old fashioned but real Rangers men don't wash their dirty linen in public about the club.Wallace has far more to be hurt and upset about than Miller but he's handled the situation with class and dignity.Kenny is and was a rent a gob who I'm sure will outdo all the ex Rangers players in the media when it comes to bad mouthing the club in the years ahead.

I’ve no idea what happened at Hampden that day.

KM’s latest comments are just dancing around the issue without saying anything tangible.

The treatment KM received can’t have been that bad as Wallace stuck around for another year and to the best of my knowledge never sought a loan or transfer away

Will give this a listen later.

I listened to the Ian Durrant interview and it was quite good, some funny story's from Durrant.

Miller has no influence at the. Club at all he is either getting paid ,or looking for a pay day shortly people like him and there is a few always angel for money

Simple question - Kenny, did you leak stories/team selections etc to the press? If the answer is no, you’ve been hard done by, if it’s yes then please shut the hell up.

Is there a timestamp on when he comes in? That podcast is a painful listen, they try too hard to be funny
I find it genuinely funny and definitely not trying too hard.

Plus it's purely banter and no way against us which helps

We don't disagree in truth. I think the main point I am making is that SR does the job he's been asked to do, no more, no less. If that keeps his bosses happy then the 'guns' should be pointing at his bosses rather than him. I can only assume DK has a reason for taking that line. It may be that, in its simplest terms, there is so much 'noise' around the Club right now that he sees a 'Rottweiler-style' CEO as simply adding unnecessarily to that. One thing we can be sure of - whether we agree or disagree with him - is that he will have a reason for it, it is not by 'accident'.

Just to be clear, I am not calling for a Malcolm Tucker, it must be someone King is comfortable with. I'm looking for an operator, a cross between Francis Urquhart, James Bond, MLK, Dominic Cummings, Gandhi, Stalin, Golda Meir, Margaret Thatcher and Matt Braddock. Shouldn't be hard to headhunt now I've done the hard work.

Just to be clear, I am not calling for a Malcolm Tucker, it must be someone King is comfortable with. I'm looking for an operator, a cross between Francis Urquhart, James Bond, MLK, Dominic Cummings, Gandhi, Stalin, Golda Meir, Margaret Thatcher and Matt Braddock. Shouldn't be hard to headhunt now I've done the hard work.

I’m retired now, and seem to ’fit’ the sort you are looking for. Might send my CV in, I should be capable of doing the necessary on a part-time basis.:)

The interview is very good on the whole, as many of them are on football daft (Hateley and Durrant were very enjoyable).

KM was asked about it and said unforgivable things went on with certain individuals at that time and he feels sorry for how it ended up for Lee Wallace. But he still loves the club and will always be proud he did his bit and doesn't hold any ill feelings towards the club.

He's not being that (unty about things here. He was very neutral about Murty and Pedro too in relation to his exit.

See when you play for us then sign for them you have a cheek about talking about 'unforgivable actions'.

He needs to shut up.

Celebrated a toe-poke against us like he'd just scored the winner in a CL final. He was just as bad with the celebration when Gravesson scored against us later that season.

Miller scored a lot of goals for us, many of them vital. But the persona he projects is not very likeable.

The interview is very good on the whole, as many of them are on football daft (Hateley and Durrant were very enjoyable).

KM was asked about it and said unforgivable things went on with certain individuals at that time and he feels sorry for how it ended up for Lee Wallace. But he still loves the club and will always be proud he did his bit and doesn't hold any ill feelings towards the club.

He's not being that (unty about things here. He was very neutral about Murty and Pedro too in relation to his exit.
Far too sensible mate!!

Said it earlier in the thread, he's only asking the questions they asked him, and he even passed on a few. Nothing wrong with the interview imo.

Always got something to say yet often says very little.

A good player in his day but values his opiniin rather highly and talks in riddles.

Has he wrote a book yet? Perhaps getting it all out in the ooen in simple terms will give him sime satisfaction and put an end to his ramblings that not many ever understand or agree on.

Everyone seems desperate to be in one camp or another,sometimes things aren’t as straight forward as black and white.

It’s reasonably possible that a share of the blame lies with Miller and also with Traynor,Allen,Murty.

I'd love someone in the press to ask him if the story about him telling anyone who'd listen in the 24 hours after that semi final that Murty was a goner and he was taking over is true or not.

Word is it reached Dave King who was less than happy.

The dialetic involves the holding of different opinions and by the exchange and testing of those hopefully the truth is established by reasoned argument. The mere dismissal, or misrepresentation, of an alternative thesis doesn't qualify as discussion or opinion.
Dialectic

Just watched this and to be honest, Miller doesn't say anything out of line, there has obviously been an issue between him, Wallace and certain individuals at the club and although he feels hard done to he doesn't elaborate. I don't think we'll ever know the full story so I can't bear any ill feelings towards him, he was a great servant to the club and for that I will always thank him.

You too young to remember this mate?
It was suggested but nothing ever came of it, it’s easy to start a rumour and over time people think it’s fact.
Let’s start a rumour that it was Rangers fans who threw bananas at Mark Walters from the jungle and I’m sure s as one will actually believ Ed it.

Liked him as a player, he scored some decent goals and always gave his best.
His personality always seemed a bit odd (saying "listen" to people when talking just sounds rude to me). Maybe some of the bitterness from the rhats rubbed off on him.

Back