Fitba' Podcasts

jdilla

Posted this before, but there's no search function so alas

Have you settled on a favorite between FW and TTFS yet? I'm still fluctuating between the two; if Macintosh, Lars Sivertsen, Kelly Coates or Jacqui Oatley are near either I give the episode a swerve. Terrible human beings

I have actually been enjoying The European Football Show with the Brass on Talksport much more than the pair of them

I really enjoy the TTFS. Fortunately McIntosh is seldom on it these days. And tbh I quite like Kelly Cates (tin hat firmly on). Credit to James Richardson as he is probably the only person on the planet who makes the EPL sound like an exciting league!

I haven’t listened to TTFS’s sister pod The Totally Football League Show, despite being a huge fan of lower league English football, because I fear McIntosh would ruin it for me

I've listened to 2 FW all season and haven't missed it at all.

I know you hate MacIntosh but I'm really enjoying the TTFS AND TTFLS.

I also listen to the European Football pod on 5Live with Rafa, Horny and Jules but I honestly cannot stand that presenter on it. She is terrible. On The Continent is also a decent listen but Luke does my box in as well. He's the reason I chucked the Ramble podcast years ago.

Quickly Kevin... is my absolute favourite though right now in terms of pods not named H&H. The latest with Matt Forde on England's failures in the 90's was brilliant. His "Have some respect you prick!" to Moller about the Euro 96 shoot out was hilarious.

I also listen to the European Football pod on 5Live with Rafa, Horny and Jules but I honestly cannot stand that presenter on it. She is terrible. On The Continent is also a decent listen but Luke does my box in as well. He's the reason I chucked the Ramble podcast years ago.

Quickly Kevin... is my absolute favourite though right now in terms of pods not named H&H. The latest with Matt Forde on England's failures in the 90's was brilliant. His "Have some respect you prick!" to Moller about the Euro 96 shoot out was hilarious.

Lol aye, that daft lassie absolutely kills me. The faux enthusiasm is brutal

Gonna check that Quickly Kevin out now... never heard it before

Max just doesn't have it as a presenter. Not a bad guy - apart from the cringey namedropping - but you can tell he's winging it knowledge wise

Definitely TTFS for me with the likes of Jimbo, Rafa, Michael Cox, James Horncastle, Julien Laurens and Sasha Goryunov. Matt Scott was also excellent this week.

If I have the time, I'll dip into Football Weekly but not overly bothered.

Aye I should get into TTFLS

Quickly Kevin is fucking superb. The most recent episode was brilliant. I thought the Matt Lorenzo one was really interesting too. Nothing will beat Merson for me. His drinking stories had me in stitches

Lol aye, that daft lassie absolutely kills me. The faux enthusiasm is brutal

Gonna check that Quickly Kevin out now... never heard it before

Max just doesn't have it as a presenter. Not a bad guy - apart from the cringey namedropping - but you can tell he's winging it knowledge wise

I think you'll enjoy QK. It's daft as fu.ck but it's really great in that you can pick and choose your episodes since it's one 90's topic they feature a week.

The latest one is easily the best they've done. They focus on the five games that knock England out of tournies in the 90's (Germany, Sweden, Holland, Germany and Argentina) and then proceed break them down and take the piss.

I haven’t listened to TTFS’s sister pod The Totally Football League Show, despite being a huge fan of lower league English football, because I fear McIntosh would ruin it for me

He's a little too earnest and it comes across as insincere, which is unfortunate.

I've yet to listen to the Football Manager Files from the same people.

I sometimes worry myself with how much I hate McIntosh. Just everything about the guy leaves me cold

Seems it was quite an acrimonious fall out. Glendenning and Ronay were getting tore into them on Twitter. Not a surprise though given Ronay and Jimbo despise each other

I sometimes worry myself with how much I hate McIntosh. Just everything about the guy leaves me cold

Seems it was quite an acrimonious fall out. Glendenning and Ronay were getting tore into them on Twitter. Not a surprise though given Ronay and Jimbo despise each other

I think Barney is an absolute arsehole TBH

Graham Hunter has some good guests. Souness and Walter among a few.

Just have to put up with Hunters self pretentious voice though

I don't see the point of the ones that spend an hour reviewing the English and European games. I watch the games and highlights at the weekend, couldn't give a shit what some Guardian journalist has to say about them on a Tuesday.

Highly recommend Quickly Kevin and Athletico Mince, although that's only loosely based around football :D

Graham Hunter has some good guests. Souness and Walter among a few.

Just have to put up with Hunters self pretentious voice though

I listened to my first Hunter podcast in about six months a few weeks back with the Slaven Bilic one.

Bilic was engaging, charming and a great listen. Then Hunter speaks...and he's an absolute big headed lady's front bottom. Desperate for his guests to realise just how much he knows about football

"I played with Pance..."

"Wooooow! Pancev! Oh yeah! Amazing! Played for Inter Milan after rejecting the great Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferguson who managed my team, the dandy Dons. Little guy, right ?"

"Yes and...."

"So good! Scored a goal a game for Red Star! Or as I believe they're known Crvena Zvezda, right ?"

"Yes and...."

"I remember Walter, that's Walter Smith of Rangers and Everton fame, telling Graeme Souness, three time European Cup winner just how great Pancev was in a scouting mission"

Hunter is unlistenable.

Not serious enough like some others?

Not wanky enough like Hunters?
I don't know Hunter or what you're talking about.

They rarely actually talk about football is my point.

Comedy sketches with Steve McClaren and Gangs of the EPL aren't really football podcasts? As much as I love Athletico Mince it's a major stretch to call it a football podcast.

I don't know Hunter or what you're talking about.

They rarely actually talk about football is my point.

Comedy sketches with Steve McClaren and Gangs of the EPL aren't really football podcasts? As much as I love Athletico Mince it's a major stretch to call it a football podcast.
Is it that big a stretch?

I agree with about the 5 live European football podcast. Her tone and voice doesn't fit either. I like OTC though. Good chemistry with the guys involved.

Magic sponge with Jimmy Bullard is funny, more football tales from the past with guest speakers but football related all the same.

Flintoff, savage and syed covers elements of football plus other sports and is a good listen

Have stuck with FW as well as listening to the new TFS but going to ditch FW as they repeat too much of the same content, understandably.

Not a big follower of Italian football but Glendenning being the Italy correspondent is laughable. I could google what has happened this week and read it out myself!

Heart and Hand is enough for me. I cant get into WWTC due to their sense of humour. Similar with the Novo lad, it leaves me a bit cold. As for general pods on football I only listen to Extra Time on MLS.

Maybe I should give a few of those mentioned on this thread a go, if only I could work out what the acronym means :confused:

Have stuck with FW as well as listening to the new TFS but going to ditch FW as they repeat too much of the same content, understandably.

Not a big follower of Italian football but Glendenning being the Italy correspondent is laughable. I could google what has happened this week and read it out myself!

And you would probably pronounce the team names correctly.

I think it was during last week's Serie A round-up I counted him getting three team names wrong.

I haven't listened to any of Graham Hunter's podcasts. He is torture. I was stuck beside him on a train from Barcelona Airport into the city once and even listening to him on the phone to folk was plenty.

Men in Blazers....

2 quirky english guys in New York who cover the epl and mls....

Roger Bennet is an incredible wordsmith....

Colin Murray had a pod which I just discovered on Friday. Every week he interviews someone at his or their house. The carragher one was really good. Just started to listen the Keith Gillespie one.
Also listened to my first "quickly Kevin" today it's decent as is flintoff savage and the ping pong guy.
Heart and hand got me into pods and now it's mainly all I listen to in the car.

Back