Fitbit watches

chinaman

saw there are cheaper alternatives but fancy a proper one

in your opinion is it worth paying over £100

cheers

A lot of people wearing them now as a fashion accessory, guy in work doesn't even know how to work his but says "It looks cool".

Try a cheaper one to see how it goes? I got a Mii Band 2 for £25 from Amazon, primarily for my sleep patterns but it does work to get you up off your arse and get moving.

Just switched from a fitbit surge to garmin vivoactive hr. Wish I'd done it before now. Better, more sleek, more comfortable to wear, actual 5atm waterproof rating (the surge was originally rated 5atm but they had to withdraw that when people went swimming with them and ruined them), far more detail, GPS same as the surge and battery life far better. I charged the garmin to 100% on Thursday night. Used about 10% playing with it that night, used about 5% on a half hour run with GPS and it's now still got 27% left.

The other half's had 1 for almost 3 years. She thinks it's great.
The original 1 had an issue with the strap bubbling & separating from the face. Contacted Fitbit to ask about repair as nothing on their website. They asked to see photos of the watch & on receipt of these sent a new watch the same day. A few upgrades over the original she was more than impressed

I have the Surge one, find it really useful and links up well with the app on my phone. I do a bit of running, cycling and golf and again find it really useful, especially for the cycling part. It shows you the route you had taken, similar to what you'd get on a sat nav, so it gives you ideas about extending your route the next time your out. That along with your heart rate, blood pressure and various other wee cardio things it does, I find it does the job required.

I had a second hand one which chucked it. Mrs bbthh had her original one chuck it and got it replaced - now this one is falling to bits and she needs to get back on to them. They don't seem to be the best build quality.

That said I miss having one (re the motivation factor pointed out by @TheHazard ) - Does anyone have the Blaze? Is it any more sturdy?

I see Asda are stocking a cheaper alternative. 50 quid for one that tracks steps and 60 for one that does heart rate and steps. Looked decent.

What kind of info do you get from one of the cheaper models?
I bought the Lenovo one and it does heart rate, steps, sleep pattern, camera for taking pics and can also control music from it.

For £30 its a decent watch and comfy to wear. I dont use the camera or music function and I find the heart rate function to be a bit dodgy. I can have a resting heart rate of 55/65 but when I play badminton the max rating I get is about 75 odds. Works well for steps and that though...

The customer service from fitbit is excellent.

I'm on my third surge in a year and a half and am awaiting another replacement.

Doesn't say much for their quality though

I genuinely read this as Fitba watches

My bad :eek:
412qjj1sGoL._SY300_.jpg

No long until the megastore has these back in stock :D

I had a cheaper alternative which I used to gauge my interest in using it. Eventually I upgraded to a fitbit which I find helps me to be more active. What you can do with a fitbit gives you lots of choices to help your health and fitness, and probably most people who have one don't use it to the fullest potential.

The app that comes with it is quite good as it tracks your heart rate/ steps & sleep.

Used to do the food and water section but got fed up with it.

Got one of the Fitbit ones for my birthday. Was using my iPhone for tracking before that, but didn't always have it on, so step tracking wasn't too accurate.

The best thing about them IMO is if you are in a challenge group, as that is a great motivator to be more active.

Have a fitbit charge hr and find it helps me to push to get my steps done every day. Don't use it for the sleep monitoring but is great for tracking walks or being out playing golf.

Other half bought me a fitbit blaze as it looked mote watch like. Had problems syncing it to my Samsung phone so exchanged it for a Garmin Vivoactive hr which i really like. Think it wss around £150. Battery life is excellent on it.

I have a Charge 2 which replaced my original Charge HR.

Positives - excellent as a watch, fitness, sleep and heart rate tracker, in my opinion. Notifications useful too ie. see who's calling or text messages without having to grab your phone out of your pocket. Battery life good too, mine lasts 4-5 days on a charge. The Fitbit app is excellent.

Negatives - strap/band quality is awful. My Charge HR was replaced 3 times within 18 months due to the strap bubbling / coming apart. Thought the Charge 2 would be better but no, exactly the same problem, both on the original strap and the premium leather one. This appears to be a regular complaint from other users. I have now given up on Fitbit provided straps and use cheaper 3rd party ones via Amazon, much better.

The negatives come with an associated positive, in that Fitbit customer service to replace the defective parts has been excellent on each occasion I've had to complain, a quick replacement every time. But the strap quality should be better. No quality issues with the technology itself however.

I'd recommend the Charge 2 highly overall. If you are thinking of the Blaze OP I suggest you hold off, they have just announced a new smart watch - Ionic - which looks better.

I have the Surge one, find it really useful and links up well with the app on my phone. I do a bit of running, cycling and golf and again find it really useful, especially for the cycling part. It shows you the route you had taken, similar to what you'd get on a sat nav, so it gives you ideas about extending your route the next time your out. That along with your heart rate, blood pressure and various other wee cardio things it does, I find it does the job required.

I tried the Surge with my road bike but it didn't record my 57 mile trip it seemed to lose the GPS signal. How's your Fitbit dealt with bike rides ?

Been using a fitbit for over 2 years, stuck with the Flex and Flex 2 models, only really care about the steps.

I'd recommend the Apple Watch for anyone with an iPhone. It is slightly dearer tho. Loads fitness apps and works well with the phone.

Excellent device for reminding me to keep active, will be harder in winter to go out when it is easier to put the feet up.

saw there are cheaper alternatives but fancy a proper one

in your opinion is it worth paying over £100

cheers
I think it is for a few reasons. The Fitbit app is supported and developed continuously. The quality of their technology is reliable too. Fitness features in their devices like: counting steps, monitoring heart rate and recording sleep patterns are more accurate than cheap alternatives. Another reason I bought a fitbit, wristband rather than watch, was its battery life. It lasts a week between charges.

Latest posts

Back