Fitness Levels

TheHazard

Vanity Queen
Fitness levels are off the chart this season.

Something we’ve been crying out for for years.

Goes to show how vital the strength & conditioning team is and how it’s an area that’s been painfully neglected over the years.

I still shudder when I think about times like blowing out our back passages while playing the likes of Raith Rovers.

Gerrard demands Ivan Drago like levels of fitness and it shows.

Jordan Milsom is doing one hell of a job

55 HERE WE COME

It’s really is great to see. Will prove to be worth it Weight in gold as season progresses and we have to keep pummelling teams into the ground.

I really think our fitness will be a major difference between us and them this season. Last game at the piggery we were miles ahead of them in that department

Delighted with this as its so important for a successful team, you really could see it in that last game v the mhanks

We really are/have become such a professional outfit. It's obvious that the gaffer and backroom staff demand total commitment, which thankfully, the players have completely bought into. It's great to witness such a positive transformation.

They seem to have had their coaching changed and it's showing. It just shows that some postive change with the right people steering the ship can do so much.

yeah watching them week in week out you can see they are fitter stronger and better than the rest including the scum

I suppose having good players breathing down your neck for your position helps to motivate you.

Day one in the job and we got the snippet video on twitter of “we Play to win the ball in this team I don’t want to see a wee slow jog to close down the space. We learn to press as a team.”

Since that day our fitness has got noticeably better after every window/break.

The other thing I would say is had Celtic scored and made it 2-2, I looked at our players and would have been a helluva confident they would have driven forward and got the win anyway.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence we haven’t had as many injuries since the new management team came in.

I still shudder when I think about times like blowing out our back passages while playing the likes of Raith Rovers.

Some of the games we played on our way back up the leagues were fecking embarassing tbh -- opposition teams actually genuinely had players who had just done a week's work and they were running past our professionally trained guys even at the end of the match.

What a contrast to now !!

What change from previous regimes. We’re at the top of our game in a number of fields now - recruitment, youths, tactics, fitness, set pieces

There has been massive improvement. As many have said, it really showed in the game against them.

Plenty pundits saying they were tired and in need of a rest however I'm sure we've played more games this season. Wasn't mentioned.

We look in much better shape. It helped get us through a tough December and I think it will help in the season finale.

They are definitely no following your 'pregnancy' diet Hazard! :))

Still think a few of them could go a stint up Wallace's Rice Krispie Hill.

Fitter and stronger when compared to last season and it's made a huge difference. The level of professionalism that Gerrards brought with him is amazing.

It was actually embarrassing how out of shape some of our players looked over the last few years.

It’s been night and day since Gerrard came in and long may it continue.

Having a gaffer with the highest standards for himself obviously permeates down throughout the whole club.

Popcorn teeth coming in every morning reeking of booze won’t give their players much incentive to be overly professional.
SG has certainly installed very high fitness standards and all round meticulous detailing that will hopefully stand us in good stead when he eventually goes.

Popcorn teeth coming in every morning reeking of booze won’t give their players much incentive to be overly professional.
SG has certainly installed very high fitness standards and all round meticulous detailing that will hopefully stand us in good stead when he eventually goes.
AGree - surely he cant inspire anyone to be their best

I agree and hope that the fitness levels can be maintained for the second half of the season.

Did TLB not get rid of the sports science guys that were there before he joined again. If so they will not improve in fitness as we keep ours high

I remember a season or 2 ago Tav blowing out his ar5e trying to keep up with Barker :eek:. Him and the rest of the team have really upped their game re fitness levels.

Back