Fitness Levels

Steven Gerrard has brought modern premiership level training and coaching to the club. It’s absolutely superb and we will reap the rewards.

Night and day compared to them. Even against teams in Europe we are much fitter.

Since Gerrard has arrived there has been sweeping changes in all areas of the club including fitness long may it continue it sure help towards the end of games when our opponents have run out of steam.

We definitely look like one of the fittest squads we’ve had in a long time. The muscle mass players like Morelos have put on in the last couple of years is definitely noticeable

I’ve never understood why fitness levels can be as low sometimes. Should be right up there in priorities.
With some of them its way down the list of priorities, i've worked with quite a few footballers and find that when they have the ball at their feet, there happy as a pig in muck. When it comes to the hard graft involved in getting fit, a lot of them don't want to know.

Our fitness levels are superb but we're also brilliant at keeping the ball and making teams chase

SG has us fit like the S.A.S & Popcorn teeth has his mob like Dads army , Def can see the difference in are team

Having a gaffer with the highest standards for himself obviously permeates down throughout the whole club.
It does 100%, one of the fittest guys i've ever met was Chris Hughton, when he was Newcastle manager. He was probably approaching 50 at the time, but was still fit enough to play at the top level. This was evident in his team at the time.

Even last year teams like rapid Vienna were saying they could not keep up with us over 90 minutes. We’ve got even fitter since then I think

The high pressing we do just shows the work we put in on the training ground

We are capable of playing a very effective high energy high press now, a la Liverpool.

You need top fitness levels for that and a good sprinkling of youth. That’s one of the things that is giving us an edge over paedo FC right now.

We now have the fitness to play at the tempo and style that the gaffer had in mind. It's all coming together very nicely.

Fitness levels together with better possesion stats can only ever improve a team. Less time chasing and grinding teams into the ground.

Going into the 2nd half of the season i think our fitness will pay dividends. Its night an day the high tempo pressing we can create over this last few years.

I think they’ve already become men under Gerrard and his team.

Don’t you remember getting rag-dolled off the likes of Motherwell a couple of years ago:eek:
I think you should get an appointment at your nearest hospital and get a sense of humour installed.

Being supremely fit should be a minimum requirement for a Rangers player. So very good to see the standard being set as for many years it was noticeable how they had dropped
Still shudder when during our days playing part timers week in week out and looking no fitter than they were. Recalls some on here justifying it on the basis the plumbers and postmen had gym memberships and probably went every night after work
Hopefully post Gerrard we don't slip back

We also have a little more depth in the squad this year so hopefully same levels maintained to the end

Absolutely look much fitter and it's not before time. No excuse for not being the fittest team in the league

The evidence is in the pressing game we play. To be able to press like we do and then show composure when the ball is won back is testament to the fitness levels of the team.

Thankfully these days are long gone!

408_700x700.jpg

Did TLB not get rid of the sports science guys that were there before he joined again. If so they will not improve in fitness as we keep ours high
The mhanks look less fit than they did when Rogers was there, so obviously TLB doesn’t have it high on his priority list, which is nice

Remember watching us against juventus in mid nineties, thinking this lot will burn themselves out after 30 minutes, kept going the full ninety minutes, that’s the level of fitness we are at now.

Broon, and a few others were blowing out their arses in the last game, this is the first time in years we are ahead of them fitness wise.

Fitness will play a huge part in our success over the next few months. Our guys have done the hard yards & now look like they actually enjoy pushing themselves

We keep the ball better than I can remember for years. In Europe, better than I can remember -full stop. That has the effect of making other teams work hard out of possession, and conserving our energy for the press when they do get it. Both factors help make us look fitter (which we genuinely are).

This is what happens when you have quality players and quality backroom staff who know what they are doing.

They have Duff and Kennedy (war hero) we have some top class coaches and fitness coaches.

Last season the team started to tire before the winter break and we all thought they'd come back from the rest fitter than ever and it didn't seem to happen. It's good that before the winter break everybody looked great because it can only mean upwards from here. Hopefully hit the ground running tonight

It was very noticeable against them. Looking at their manager and ours and I’m sure both teams take after them.
Lol. I think you are right. Role modelling behaviours is very important in management. Let’s hope Lennon continues to do so in the same manner as he has so far.

Back