five out of nine possible subs - we put one on

Who do you suggest he brought on for this “unfit” Morelos?

As for Hagi he didn’t have a poor game at all, changing our whole attacking style 60 minutes in would have done us no good at all.

Thankfully you aren’t the gaffer
If you can’t see Morelos was constantly looking knackered you’re extremely blinkered.

I think at only one goal up it would have been foolish to start changing up too much. Sometimes it can backfire, as we've all seen before. The bench really doesn't have any real quality of depth at the moment and that's the worrying thing. Really hoping to see a few players moved on and replaced with a better more hungrier version.

Maybe Barker for Morelos for a counterattack. Maybe a defender for Kamara.

But you don't get an extra point for using your subs. We won the 3 that were available. Job done. Move on.

Suppose people had to find something to moan about. We must have the biggest bunch of greeting faced weans in our support. Between on here and across social media. It's embarrassing.

There’s was a noticeable drop off in pre-season the more we went to second string players. You can’t blame the manager for wanting to keep a strong 11 on the park.

Hagi for Arfield was the right change, maybe 5 mins too late but...

Who else would you have changed?

10 subs second half five minutes added time plus injury time, what a great idea and somebody asked where they got six minutes from.

i have hooked Hagi for Arfield long before gerrard did today. Hagi looked knackered.

three points at arguably the trickiest away ground tho. No real complaints from me.
We can all say what we would’ve done but criticising the manager when he’s just won one of our perceived tougher fixtures and there hasn’t been any other negatives like bookings or injuries, is madness.

Am i missing something , Aberdeen got a lift from their subs but we refuse to use ours ,fresh legs new energy new drive whats that all about ????????

I've said it many times and today was a further indication that Gerrard doesn't rate or trust the fringe players in the squad the majority aren't good enough.

We can all say what we would’ve done but criticising the manager when he’s just won one of our perceived tougher fixtures and there hasn’t been any other negatives like bookings or injuries, is madness.

just an opinion mate. I’ll take 1-0 away to the sheep every time.

And worryingly the one who came on was Arfield, who I'm not sure made an accurate pass to a team mate and who has a first touch which is as bad as they get.
Even if this is true, there are other parts to his game that may have been invaluable.

Am i missing something , Aberdeen got a lift from their subs but we refuse to use ours ,fresh legs new energy new drive whats that all about ????????

Who would you have put on? Not having a go but it is our big problem, there is such a dip in quality from first 11 to the bench. Particularly middle to front.

Haha hahaha hahahaha what a complaint after a decent win to start league campaign.

You win today's "unnecessary complaint of the day" award, congratulations.

Best starting 11 in the league.
Bench that would struggle to get a start at Kilmarnock.

4 signings minimum needed who are expecting to play 30 league games as starters.
1st
Who knows but a pacey fresh tricky outlet might have helped get a second while giving Aribo a breather....

It’s about game management I’d say....we’ll run these boys into the ground at this rate
1st competitive game of the season and we are running them into the ground?

If you can’t see Morelos was constantly looking knackered you’re extremely blinkered.
Morelos was still occupying their players though.
Had we replaced him with what would be a makeshift player, they’d have less to worry about in defence and been able to mark a positive change in midfield or in an attacking sense.

I don’t think we refused to put them on but the players were doing just fine We won and that’s more important than putting on a sub for the sake of it.

Might have a point at 3-0, but at 1-0 and no need to change things then there's the risk of upsetting the relative ease of the win.

Its clear to me that the manager doesn’t trust his squad players. Not sure I blame him either

Signings are a must
Sorry mate, I'm inclined to slightly disagree. The 12 players we used were more than capable in dealing with the sheeps first 11 and then their subs. Maybe our manager wants to get our first 11 settled before experimenting with subs.

That boy at Arsenal, Arteta, will never make a Manager. No substitutions made in the first eighty minutes of a cup final. Clearly no idea what he is doing!

Wasn’t a game to make subs, we where winning , it was tight , subs may have upset the balance. We won , it we are 4-0 next Sunday against st midden by 60min and no subs then by all means come back and complain but till then

Yet we still got a result. Is it because people feared the worst or had seen this show before. Yet here we are with the 3pts. Not saying you’re wrong far from it. Maybe we needed to see this game out?

The options off our bench were very poor and would have been too risky firing on Stewart, Barker etc. I felt the game management was spot on from Gerrard and we never looked under pressure

We have little or no backup middle to front which is why only 1 sub was made. Arfield is the only one who probably could make an impact coming off the bench. We need 2-3 other players in that can challenge or rotate with the front 4.

Morelos was still occupying their players though.
Had we replaced him with what would be a makeshift player, they’d have less to worry about in defence and been able to mark a positive change in midfield or in an attacking sense.

You are speaking too much sense mate

Back