five out of nine possible subs - we put one on

There was 1 moment of panic from the corner and that was it. They had 1 shot on target in 1st half which mcgregor saved apart from that nothing else. His 1 sub was the correct sub at the time as it freed aribo in behind there defence. Don't think there was a need to bring anyone else on bar barker maybe for morelos or Kent with minutes left.

If we’d have got a second and third goal I think we’d have used more subs. Gaffer obviously keen to get the 3 points and think of Leverkusen later.

fs we won our 2nd hardest away fixture and people still moaning who would you bring on bloddy sub gk fs man be happy 3 points

We have good defensive options on bench we have no attacking ones

I take it as a sign we need 4 attacking players well attacking meaning midfield and striker

zungu (likely )
right wing option
2 strikers assuming Alfie leaves
If not Defoe plus 1

We are 4 players away from a good squad imo

No point making subs for the sake of it mate.

What sub would have improved us? That's the issue not Gerrard being cautious imo

I think what you’re saying completely misses the point.

The issue is, when you don’t have Anything on the bench that can come on and change a game, you’re going to come unstuck sooner or later.

We won, which is good, but invariably means the OP is getting sneered at just because, well, we won.

The same people will be furiously bloodletting when we do drop our first points, raging that we didn’t have any quality to come on and impact the game.

I think what you’re saying completely misses the point.

The issue is, when you don’t have Anything on the bench that can come on and change a game, you’re going to come unstuck sooner or later.

We won, which is good, but invariably means the OP is getting sneered at just because, well, we won.

The same people will be furiously bloodletting when we do drop our first points, raging that we didn’t have any quality to come on and impact the game.
I'm confused mate.

Sounds like you are agreeing with me ?

The problem is the bench isnt good enough and that's why we didnt make subs today, if morelos or hagi was on the bench they would have came on without doubt.

I'm confused mate.

Sounds like you are agreeing with me ?

The problem is the bench isnt good enough and that's why we didnt make subs today, if morelos or hagi was on the bench they would have came on without doubt.

Okay fine, it was the the casual “who cares we won” attitudes I was objecting to.

What if Kent doesn’t score that chance? If it were 0-0 with 25 minutes to go, or if Aberdeen’s one scrambled chance goes in....we’re dropping precious points because we don’t have anyone to come on and impact the game.

And that scenario is going to unfold sooner or later. a St Johnstone or St Mirren is going to come to Ibrox, hold out for 60 minutes at 0-0. And If we‘re looking at the bench and deciding to stick rather than twist, then we’re in trouble.

Back