Five Subs to become permanent

I may be wrong but is it not up to the individual FA's to pick this up?

Good news if it's going to be across the board though.

I'm happy with that.

I think it's a good move for football, yip sure you will have plenty saying it plays into the bigger clubs with greater squad depth. You could argue the opposite, it offers teams chasing the game more tactical/shape options to make a difference.

When it was first introduced I said if it’s going to be 5 subs then 2 of them should be U23 academy graduates or something.

Would be beneficial for youth development and wouldn’t disadvantage the smaller teams too much more.
They tried that when they went to three subs from 5 - of those named, some had to be U-23s. All it meant was that some kids got time on the bench.

I may be wrong but is it not up to the individual FA's to pick this up?

Good news if it's going to be across the board though.
The rules of the competition can allow for less subs than the laws of the game allow - for a long time the English only allowed one, whereas everyone else had two

If they can do it in a way that gets youth players more game time then I'm all in.

But you know football, no matter how good intentioned, and no matter how it's implimented, it will just have a negative affect surrounding the recruitment of youth and send the price of young players rocketing as teams scramble to get the best options.

Remember the 3 foreigner rule? Shudders!!!!

The game has moved on, there are a lot more games and players probably do more running than before.

Think having only 3 subs has affected us this year getting in our stride.

Allows 16 players per match to take part.

Can only be a good thing for giving youth players game time and lessening the work load on regular staters.

Our squad is built for 5 subs and the way the SFA handled it last year by telling us a day before the season started then left it till the last minute this season was done to harm our seasons.

Funny that last season when everyone was waxing lyrical about Celtics squad depth it was implemented then this season when their squad was bare bones it was removed.

Good for us if it comes to pass here, however not sure it will be the best thing for the game as a whole.
The only demand I have as a fan is that if 10 subs are used then a minimum of 5 minutes injury time - sub time has to be guaranteed across the board.

This pish about the 5 subs but 3 occasions didn’t work, if u have 2 players leaving the field and it takes them 1 minute to restart then times by 4 surely the maths kicks in

When it was first introduced I said if it’s going to be 5 subs then 2 of them should be U23 academy graduates or something.

Would be beneficial for youth development and wouldn’t disadvantage the smaller teams too much more.
they got rid of the the u21 rule regarding subs back in the 2000s as it wasnt beneficial to youth development so it’s unlikely they’d bring something like that in.

5 subs makes the games more exciting I think.

Having 5 fully rested guys come on for the final 20-30 minutes seems to lead to more intense endings in games.

Good for us if it comes to pass here, however not sure it will be the best thing for the game as a whole.
I agree with this. It’ll help us with bigger squads but helping us domestically maybe isn’t the best for the game here.

Instead of ditching 5 subs the SPFL could have thought long term for the good of our game and done this.

Sadly There was never a chance of Doncaster and co doing something beneficial for the future of the Scottish game.

Only being able to name 7 subs is also a stupid thing that achieves nothing.

There is no reason that the manager shouldn't be able to pick subs from the entire first team squad during a game.

It would also mean that youth players get subbed on more.

Hope it comes back in next season, gives managers a bit more tactical fluidity and also gives young guys a much better chance of game time.

Not like sfa spl to back the wrong direction in football is it lol

Good move .

I’m also gonna get my boots polished later , hope never dies

Will give bigger clubs an advantage over smaller clubs.

Going from 3 to 5 subs will give the richer clubs a little bit more of an advantage, but don't think it will be that much.

The poorer clubs will only be able to put 5 rubbish subs on towards the end of the game, richer clubs will be able to send some quality players on with fresh legs.

The rich clubs with good quality players on the bench will score more late goals.

But weighing the upsides and down sides on the balance of things I think it is overall a good idea.

Back