Five Things we learned from the Legia game?

Can't argue with any of that.

Not fussed with Jack in Scotland squad though:p

I thought at 70mins the game was crying out for Jones. They had a lot of possession early in the second half. I believe Jones would've carved through them.

I get the subs criticism and, to an extent, agree with it. However, Stevie Smith on RangersTV last night was at pains to explain how difficult it was for a sub coming in to such a high-tempo game as last night was. In his view they really struggle to get up to game speed, struggle to get their second wind and, in many cases, can end up contributing nothing and actually weakening the team.

I see the logic in both arguments quite honestly.

I get the subs criticism and, to an extent, agree with it. However, Stevie Smith on RangersTV last night was at pains to explain how difficult it was for a sub coming in to such a high-tempo game as last night was. In his view they really struggle to get up to game speed, struggle to get their second wind and, in many cases, can end up contributing nothing and actually weakening the team.

I see the logic in both arguments quite honestly.

I look at it this way: the negative side of the argument posits that Steven Gerrard is a bit dithery when it comes to subs.

I don’t think Steven Gerrard is dithery.

Can’t disagree with any of that either, I would of put jones on for ojo at the 70 minute mark, I reckon fresh legs could of got in behind there defence, then again I can understand why he didn’t want to unnerve the team away in a hostile atmosphere.

Can't argue with any of that.

Not fussed with Jack in Scotland squad though:p
Can’t disagree with any of that either, I would of put jones on for ojo at the 70 minute mark, I reckon fresh legs could of got in behind there defence, then again I can understand why he didn’t want to unnerve the team away in a hostile atmosphere.
Most players would bite your hand off to get the honour to play for his country, why would you want to deny this.

some positive comments there at least.i will give you some random ramblings from gary ralston writing in the express. our performance was underwhelming but could be a valuable goaless draw. a performance that was stuttering uncertainty and wastefull in possesion.

Back