Five To Depart Academy

I would have guessed McAdams would be going in January, his contract was up and went the N.I league for game time.

Wilson I’m sure was in the same boat but rarely playing in the Scottish lower leagues.

I’m not sure if the others as I’ve not seen or heard much of Balde, McKechnie or Anderson.

Was Anderson not brought over from the states and thought to been a good prospect.

Always sticks with me, the episode of Gordon Ramsay at Ibrox when he spoke about getting told he was being released. Until that point I'd always thought of how amazing it would be to play for us, but had never considered the leaving. The thought made me sick, so can't imagine how these boys feel.

Shows how fickle the game is , not that long ago Aidan Wilson was being hailed as a future star.

Picked up a pretty bad knee injury which halted his progress. Think he was injured at times when out on loan as well suspect when fit he will do well for himself as he's a decent defender.

Mcadams only ever signed for keeper cover for the best v best games think that was the only reason he signed as well. Balde was on loan at Berwick but don't know enough about him or the other 2.

Good luck to them in future wherever they end up.

Last edited:
Hope the young lads go on to get another team quickly. It's a horrible feeling being dropped from any team never mind Rangers.

Shame for the lads, wish them all the best. Had thought Wilson and Mcadams were quite well thought of but must not have been progressing enough

They got further than most ever did.

Always sticks with me, the episode of Gordon Ramsay at Ibrox when he spoke about getting told he was being released. Until that point I'd always thought of how amazing it would be to play for us, but had never considered the leaving. The thought made me sick, so can't imagine how these boys feel.
A burst bubble effect?

Picked up a pretty bad knee injury which halted his progress. Think he was injured at times when out on loan as well suspect when fit he will do well for himself as he's a decent defender.

Mcadmas was only ever signed for keeper cover for the best v best games think that was the only reason he signed as well. Balde was on loan at Berwick but don't know enough about him or the other 2.

Good luck to them in future wherever they end up.
Didn‘t realise Wilson had so many injury problems but that would probably explain as he was certainly rated.

I honestly think the club,and Craig Mulholland in particular, handle this type of thing magnificently. They go out their way to give these guys a glowing reference and to take care of them.

We really do have one of the best academies around now.

Not a great time for this to happen. Nobody will be in a rush to snap up players.

Perhaps but particularly up here with lower league sides getting rid of players across the board currently when they are in the position to start playing again (whenever that is) there will certainly be a good few clubs looking at the free agent market.

If our academy system works well they should be okay in having options for next season.
Not like the old days when it was basically pack your bags and go.

It's times like this that can make young guys lose their love for the game. Good luck to the guys and hope they have a future in the game.

Surprised at how Aidan Wilson’s career has gone since his debut for us in the first team, didn’t think he did much wrong and held his own so to struggle for game time in lower leagues I find strange

Is the boy Balde the lad we only recently signed from Sporting Lisbon or somewhere like that?

I remember getting similar news from Bournemouth’s YTS. It hurts, but you know it’s how things go. Was described to me like being on employment probation for a few years. Only x of you will make it, “too many pegs for the holes”.

At least Rangers have a good attitude to this sort of thing. “Our role now, in keeping with Rangers’ values and standards, is to ensure that the lads feel supported with input from many different staff, receive a detailed presentation containing video, sports science data, character references, etc. and assistance in reaching a positive destination to continue their careers. We will always be here to support the lads and assist them in any way we can.”

Not every club does this, but they should.

Continue to work hard and one day you may come back and start for us. This is only the beginning and not the end

Back