Five To Depart Academy

Bradley, Beerman and Burt surprise me just due to their names being mentioned in high regard, But if they can't make the next step then it's best for all parties to move on.

Bradley, Beerman and Burt surprise me just due to their names being mentioned in high regard, But if they can't make the next step then it's best for all parties to move on.

In my opinion its not lack of ability its just that they weren't given the chance, certainly not the chance McCrorie has been given. If they had been nurtured, encouraged and given the game time McCrorie had been given it would no doubt be a different story for the lads. Obviously McCrorie is more highly rated but I am not sure if this is justifiable or not, in my opinion it isn't, but that's football, we all have our own opinions and we don't always agree.

Not the end, just the end of the beginning. Good luck to all of the youngsters. Work hard and you can can still make it

Just as an aside, where is Barjonas? Is he still with us or has he moved on?

Burt was really unlucky
seemed on the verge of the first team squad but was injured and found himself falling behind other talented youngsters

Gee - that must be a very difficult part of the coaches job at the Training Centre telling these players their football careers at Rangers are over.

In my opinion its not lack of ability its just that they weren't given the chance, certainly not the chance McCrorie has been given. If they had been nurtured, encouraged and given the game time McCrorie had been given it would no doubt be a different story for the lads. Obviously McCrorie is more highly rated but I am not sure if this is justifiable or not, in my opinion it isn't, but that's football, we all have our own opinions and we don't always agree.
Our coaching staff are there to make decisions on whether the lads warrant being given the chance. Unfortunately these boys didn't show enough to do that and there comes a time when a decision needs to be made about whether it's best for their development to move elsewhere. The club are tremendous in this area now.

Wrong way round bud.
You’ve got to be good enough to in order to get the time and opportunity you’re looking to give theses players.
The top team is seldom the place to give people time.
Only established and proven players can get this luxury.

I empathize with your point of view, but this is Rangers.
Our games are must win, you need to prove yourself better than what is in the team.
How do you do that? It's very difficult unless you are exceptional, but it's always going to be that way at Rangers.

Best of luck to the boys, but that article was more heartening for me in terms of how they treat them. The club really seem to make sure they are given the best chance possible to progress elsewhere in the game. To respond to the poster above about Mccrorie, he obviously displayed to the staff at the club he has what it takes to be a Rangers player and has shown to us already he is good enough to make it.

I’ve always believed if a player isn’t good enough for 1st team by the time he’s 19/20 then he’s unlikely to make it.

Dado Prso was a mechanic at 21, Drogba didn’t play at a decent level until he was 23.

This could be the kick up the backside some of these lads need and they should never give up on their goal.

In the Craig mullhollond interview on rtv he said that some players may well leave to go to other clubs at the end of there academy process and go away get experience and become better players and end up back at Rangers

I genuinely feel very sorry for the young lads concerned. Many years ago a young guy I knew was freed by Partick Thistle and it hit him very hard. I hope the lads are given the maximum of support they need by the club.

I actually thought Bradley was pretty decent, seemed to move ahead of Aiden Wilson when Gerrard came in. Looked composed centre back but maybe lacked physicality. Hope they go in and do well.

Good luck to all these lads. Hopefully their careers progress in a positive way. I was particularly hopeful Beerman would make it with us but perhaps he was exposed to the first team at the wrong time. We were really struggling back then and too much was expected of the youngsters who stepped in.

He has been on loan at Raith Rovers this season.He started on the bench v QOTS on Wednesday night and came on as a sub.
If Barjonas isn't commanding a starting place with a league one side it would suggest he won't be making it to our first team squad.

I thought Bradley looked good but he's clearly not developed the way people thought and we have better options coming through.

Horrible time for the players concerned. I really hope everyone of them goes on to have a good career in the game.

Happened to my boy a number of years ago when at another SPFL club and he was told by a phone call and given no support whatsoever. Ended up chucking it altogether.

I’m sure Rangers will look after these kids and give them encouragement for the future.

Best of luck to them.

Beerman was massively thrown in at the deep end and conceding the most blatant pen in OF history can’t have helped the lads confidence

The bottom line is when you get an opportunity you need to take it, no matter your age and unfortunately for Beerman it highlighted he wasn't good enough. That's football!! You need to be an absolute stand out in reserve football to have any chance of SG considering you for the first team, but we have a manager who has came through this at Liverpool so our youngsters will never have a better opportunity to impress and make the step up!!

Good luck fellas, big wrench leaving the best club there is, but you'll all do well if you keep working hard and keep your 'heads up'.

WATP

The club knows what to do obviously they couldn’t make the jump but the likes of Dapo, McPake and Young-Coombes are exciting prospects. Some just aren’t good enough and that’s football.

Back