Fixture congestion article

A trip to sheepsville the Wed before the final is the toughest test as those bastards will kick us off the park. Would like to see some fringe players getting minutes against Hamilton and Hearts, even if it’s a ten minute cameo. Still think Murphy, King and Edmundson can contribute. Beginning to lose hope that Docherty will get a chance.

Tell you what we win 8 of those games and draw 2 I’d be delighted

time for the team to step up this is their time if they want to be winners

swings and roundabouts, whilst rest of this year looks a slog with away games, feb looks very favourable for us in the title race with a barrage of home games, if we can get to new year with dropping very few points then we will be in a very good position

If you want to win titles, you have to cope with runs like these before Christmas.

It's because we're winning in the cup and Europe that this fixture congestion has come about.

If we are still well within touching distance of the top after 1st January, I'll be confident as phuck that the title charge is ON :))

The decision to move our game against Hibs to the Friday night could be interesting as well as it means we can't play that midweek and Celtic are playing one of their catch up games then. So they'll have played a game more than us until mid February.

Also means we'll get a bit of a break that week with our games against Motherwell and Hibs being Sunday then Friday so could work in our favour.

It’s a tough test, there’s no doubt. But last Sunday was a tough test and we came out of that with a comfy win a bit still in the tank.

It’s a game every three days more or less. The SPFL really need to take their heads outa their arses.

Squad depth and (lack of) injuries could be a factor as could the Scottish weather.

Exciting times.

The unwashed have 11 games in this period and much more away games after the break

us ... 2 home 5 away in league
Smellys.... 5 home 3 away in league

we already have played 1 more away game

It’s a tough test, there’s no doubt. But last Sunday was a tough test and we came out of that with a comfy win a bit still in the tank.

It’s a game every three days more or less. The SPFL really need to take their heads outa their arses.

Squad depth and (lack of) injuries could be a factor as could the Scottish weather.

Exciting times.

What do you want the SPFL to do

Other than Aberdeen away the fixture schedule is what it is based on calendar dates and competition schedules

The unwashed have 11 games in this period and much more away games after the break

Yes them having that extra game bugs me. I would have liked one of our rearranged games to be before the game at the Chamber of secrets. Hypothetically if it remains tight and we go into the match having won all our games then they take a 3 point advantage into the game.

Remove the winter break?
Removing the winter break does help but not in December

There is 3 sets of League fixture moved to accommodate it - New Year and 2 weekends - and placed elsewhere on available midweek dates - December is one and possible the other 2 are right after the winter break

The clubs voted for a break and have to accept the issues that arise from it

If we are serious about winning the league then we must continue our winning streak, don't count on anyone else giving us a helping hand,they wont, it is down to us and us alone to beat every team we come up against and that includes them ,twice.

Exciting times.
Lennon was already greeting about it. never forget 2008

If we are level with the scum on points by the winter break I'll be a happy bear

The run of home games we will have post December should see us pile the pressure on them

If we are level with the scum on points by the winter break I'll be a happy bear

The run of home games we will have post December should see us pile the pressure on them
That'll be some achievement given they'll have played a game more.

I think if we are within 3 points of them at the break we will win the league

If we are serious about winning the league then we must continue our winning streak, don't count on anyone else giving us a helping hand,they wont, it is down to us and us alone to beat every team we come up against and that includes them ,twice.
As it should be, wouldn’t expect other clubs to give us a helping hand.

Well a look at reconstruction would be a step in the right direction.

Having 4 Rangers v Celtic games stop that happening so we are told despite where we were playing between 2012 and 2016

It is one item that does crop up from time to time I admit but no one seems to want it

To me the sheepshaggers away is almost the most important in amongst that.
We have an ultra fit side that will cope physically with that schedule no problem.

Psychology and momentum is crucial and 3 points in a bruising midweek game up there boosts both massively.

January, February and March looks a lot trickier for the filth on paper. We just need to win as many of these games as possible in December and make sure we're still within touching distance before we go to the Piggery.

To me the sheepshaggers away is almost the most important in amongst that.
We have an ultra fit side that will cope physically with that schedule no problem.

Psychology and momentum is crucial and 3 points in a bruising midweek game up there boosts both massively.
Right before the cup final too. Just watch the sheep try to cripple a couple of our players. You bet it's coming.

Hopefully if we win v Feyenoord that will see us qualify and we can rest players for the match day 6 game. Freshen things up a bit with players who don't normally start.

We've both played 6 home and 6 away so far. You are right on the remaining fixtures though. We then have 4 home games out of first 5 after the break and 9 home out of the 14 games to the split.

Not ideal, but get stuck in about that run and see where we are on the other side of it. Has the potential to make or break the season.

We fear no foe, gentlemen.

Interesting coincidence that our game in hand will be St J at home, just as it was for them last season. An omen?

Having 4 Rangers v Celtic games stop that happening so we are told despite where we were playing between 2012 and 2016

It is one item that does crop up from time to time I admit but no one seems to want it

I know what the issues are mate, but maybe a few less games might ease the fixture congestion and get rid of the nonsensical split which usually ends up disadvantaging some teams.

It would also let us get back to the days of the sell-out Saturdays.

A trip to sheepsville the Wed before the final is the toughest test as those bastards will kick us off the park. Would like to see some fringe players getting minutes against Hamilton and Hearts, even if it’s a ten minute cameo. Still think Murphy, King and Edmundson can contribute. Beginning to lose hope that Docherty will get a chance.
They will give us a much harder game than they gave their pals thats for sure

I know what the issues are mate, but maybe a few less games might ease the fixture congestion and get rid of the nonsensical split which usually ends up disadvantaging some teams.

It would also let us get back to the days of the sell-out Saturdays.

What is the solution
10 team League? 36 games
14 team League how many games do we play in that

There is also the financial side to it as well

Nothing is ideal other then the 10 team set up

What is the solution
10 team League? 36 games
14 team League how many games do we play in that

There is also the financial side to it as well

Nothing is ideal other then the 10 club set up

We’ve tried 10 teams and it wasn‘t popular. I wouldn’t go back to that.

I don’t like the split but a 14 team league with a 6/8 split would give 36 balanced H/A games.

My preference is 16 teams playing 30 games. Second would be 18 playing 34, we had that for years before they started fecking about.

I know the chances are sweet fa.

We’ve tried 10 teams and it wasn‘t popular. I wouldn’t go back to that.

I don’t like the split but a 14 team league with a 6/8 split would give 36 balanced H/A games.

My preference is 16 teams playing 30 games. Second would be 18 playing 34, we had that for years before they started fecking about.

I know the chances are sweet fa.

Yes there is ain't to perfect solution

I don't think clubs would want 30 games less games less income

Last edited:
It's a hell of a run of games, but it's also more incentive to go all out to beat Feynoord away.

Qualifying in Holland would take so much pressure off the young boys game, especially as it's right after the cup final and ahead of a tough trip to Motherwell.

Over same period last year we played 9 league games (5 home 4 away) and dropped 9 points ( Lost to Abdn home and drew Dundee and Hibs away).

This year we have 7 league games (5 away 2 home), 2 Europa games (h and a) and a Cup Final. So one more game to play but 3 'biggies' which we didn't have last year. Going to be interesting. Nice to win the Cup Final obviously and do well in the EC but the league games are vital for No. 55.

Last edited:
They're getting less income as it it because the product and the set up is shite.
Currently 19 homes for most yes there issue with imbalance of the split but there is still income there

But dropping to just 15 home games means less income because there is 4 games less

Do you think there would be more attending based on the 15 games ?

Last edited:
Maximum points in the league, win the cup and get to the next round of Europa in whatever manner is needed. Or in other words, we win every fucking game!

Said before the season started that December would be massive for us but ffs that's brutal. I'd take 14 points out of the league games in December, one of them being a draw against the scum on 29th. And hopefully cup winners to boot. They've a much easier run of If we go into january either level/marginally behind or ahead it really would be an impressive end to the year.

It's all randomly picked by one of them in the sfpl office,honestly..def random.

Back