Fixture List - Blatant Cheating

Wokster

Official Ticketer
My apologies if this was brought up on the day, but I just got sent a random text listing the top 6 teams from this year. It then goes on to say that the tims only play each of them once away before the split and we play each of them away twice. Naive as I may be, I thought that can't be right, so I checked and it is right enough. They also don't play any one of the top six away until October 24th and that is the Sheep at Pittodrie, whereas we obviously have our very first game away there. I was going to say that I honestly cannot believe this as it is so blatant, but sadly we are used to this. Sporting integrity indeed!

Clearly hand picked by lieswell and sheep's teeth. That said if were in front come the split then it's game over

My apologies if this was brought up on the day, but I just got sent a random text listing the top 6 teams from this year. It then goes on to say that the tims only play each of them once away before the split and we play each of them away twice. Naive as I may be, I thought that can't be right, so I checked and it is right enough. They also don't play any one of the top six away until October 24th and that is the Sheep at Pittodrie, whereas we obviously have our very first game away there. I was going to say that I honestly cannot believe this as it is so blatant, but sadly we are used to this. Sporting integrity indeed!

Make no difference where the team finish fact is the fixture flips each season pre-split

Season 2019/20

Livingston v Celtic x 2
Celtic v Livingston x 1

Season 2020/21

Celtic v Livingston x 2
Livingston v Celtic x 1

that is just one example

it applies to all sides

Well that then means they'll have a difficult run of fixtures after October, and should have a harder run after the split.

Make no difference where the team finish fact is the fixture flips each season pre-split

Season 2019/20

Livingston v Celtic x 2
Celtic v Livingston x 1

Season 2020/21

Celtic v Livingston x 2
Livingston v Celtic x 1

that is just one example

it applies to all sides

Thanks Rangeral I wasn't aware that this was the case.

In the long run what difference does it really make? We still need to play everyone a minimum of four times.

Season 2019/20

Livingston v Celtic x 2
Celtic v Livingston x 1

Season 2020/21

Celtic v Livingston x 2
Livingston v Celtic x 1

that is just one example

it applies to all sides

Exactly, we never took advantage of the fixtures last season, particularly the 3rd round of games prior to covid

We were unlucky with injuries and loss of form

I think the loss of happened as we relied on to small a group that had to play to maintain quality

In the long run what difference does it really make? We still need to play everyone a minimum of four times.

Hard runs of fixtures manufacture pressure on a team. I wouldn’t mind it all if Celtic weren’t the ones applying pressure to get what they want.

because if that remains the top 6, they will end up getting at least one of their final 5 games flipped to being a 3rd home match against someone.

Who you play home/away during each phase is switched around every season. ie. If you play them away first last season, you will play them at home first this season.

Have a look at the first 11 games this season and the first 11 games last season.

We played 6 home games last season and play the same 6 teams away this season.

We played 5 away games last season and play the same 5 teams at home this season (Dundee Utd potentially taking Hearts place).

For once, it has not been fixed (other than the order of games). Where teams finished last season is just a coincidence.

First phase of 11 games last season v this season:
Kilmarnock A - H
Hibs H - A
St Mirren - A - H
Celtc H - A
Livingston H - A
St Johnstone A - H
Aberdeen H - A
Hamilton H - A
Hearts A - H (possibly Dundee Utd)
Motherwell H - A
Ross County A - H

Last edited:
The fixtures are flipped season to season.

We played them home first last aeason, this season the first game is at The Chamber of Secrets.

There is nothing more to it than that.

Besides, from memory, our initial run of games looks favourable on paper

The fixtures are flipped season to season.

We played them home first last aeason, this season the first game is at The Chamber of Secrets.
I think it's more the order we play them in that people are complaining about ultimately we need play all the teams but having a run of five easy games scoring goals builds confidence harder games where you can drop points cause pressure

They over complicate fixture list and spend a fortune doing it when the reality is it c ok uld be easily set in stone and kept for a few years with the fixture switched home away every year

I think it's more the order we play them in that people are complaining about ultimately we need play all the teams but having a run of five easy games scoring goals builds confidence harder games where you can drop points cause pressure

They over complicate fixture list and spend a fortune doing it when the reality is it c ok uld be easily set in stone and kept for a few years with the fixture switched home away every year
I genuinely can't remember the order but to be honest away to Eweco in an empty stadium for the first game could work for us.

Aberdeen rise to the baiting of the crowd. Without that behind them we will surely look to take advantage.

I think this no fans is going to help us big time, teams like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs etc all raise their game big time when it comes to playing Rangers. The fans of these teams play a part in getting something out the players against us. Also with no fans i expect there to be less "bullying" of Morelos for example, because most of that crap is built up by the fans at the side of the pitch screaming and foaming at the mouth. Be good to get the harder away games out the way earlier on.

Does it matter who we play when, we couldn't beat teams at the bottom of the league after the break the last 2 seasons

There’s people on here that are desperate, to the point of lunacy, to portray that there’s an agenda or conspiracy against us.

It is ridiculous.

I find the sequence of home / away games a wee bit strange. The league is normally scheduled on the expectation that the top 6 will be the same in the following season, trying to give each team an equal number of home and away games. Presumably in previous seasons they've input some parameters for the fixtures computer to arrange the games that way, but maybe 'forgot' that input this year.

There have been a few years where teams have moaned about having to play away 3 times against us or Celtic, missing out on income from these games. In each case the SPL / SPFL have replied that it couldn’t have happened if the top 6 had been repeated. I think the advance payments / loans that were discussed around the time of the SPFL voting fiasco were for clubs missing out on a second home Rangers game because the top 6 wasn't repeated.

The first round home / away sequence is replicated in the third round, during which we’re away at all the other top 6 teams, except St Johnstone. Therefore if the top 5 is repeated next season, we will end up playing a third away game against at least one of Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston or Celtic - my money’s on it being Aberdeen in that case.

In that case Celtic would play a third home game against us, Aberdeen, Motherwell or Livingston. Nice for them.

I'm sure it's an honest mistake though.

We had the exact same last year mate. If Hibs had qualified for the top 6 instead of STJ we'd have have been away in every game after the split to play them home twice and away twice (obviously we wouldn't as they make it even but you get the point). We had to play Celt*c, Aberdeen, Hibs, Livingston and Motherwell twice at home before the split. Bit bizarre but not cheating (they do that in plenty of other ways)

I find the sequence of home / away games a wee bit strange. The league is normally scheduled on the expectation that the top 6 will be the same in the following season, trying to give each team an equal number of home and away games. Presumably in previous seasons they've input some parameters for the fixtures computer to arrange the games that way, but maybe 'forgot' that input this year.

There have been a few years where teams have moaned about having to play away 3 times against us or Celtic, missing out on income from these games. In each case the SPL / SPFL have replied that it couldn’t have happened if the top 6 had been repeated. I think the advance payments / loans that were discussed around the time of the SPFL voting fiasco were for clubs missing out on a second home Rangers game because the top 6 wasn't repeated.

The first round home / away sequence is replicated in the third round, during which we’re away at all the other top 6 teams, except St Johnstone. Therefore if the top 5 is repeated next season, we will end up playing a third away game against at least one of Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston or Celtic - my money’s on it being Aberdeen in that case.

In that case Celtic would play a third home game against us, Aberdeen, Motherwell or Livingston. Nice for them.

I'm sure it's an honest mistake though.
They change it every 2 years based on the top 6. So this year's fixture list is based on the 2018/19 season. This is to balance any disadvantage. Last year we had the top 6 all at home twice before the split, so this year the tims will have it.

The SPFL have said they add certain criteria and exceptions then the remaining fixtures are random, they should be forced to release exactly what the exceptions were
This is just wording enabling them to meddle as they see fit the bastards

Wouldn't we want our fixtures after the split to be at home, provided we're still in the title race then that's a huge benefit?

See to be honest... we’re up against some truly awful teams who are even worse off than they were last season. There’s no tynecastle next season which is a venue we struggled at. We really should blow away the league this year - absolutely no excuses

Erm..... what games did we play this year "post Split" ? answer = NONE due to early call of league

Now if we have had to play "top" teams twice away from home, which is obviously a harder run of fixtures, then the likelihood is that the Scum will be ahead in points before the final batch of games which IF Covid returns at same time of year would see us being shafted yet again and Covid FC being gifted another tainted title.

Add this with the Cabal trying to take ultimate power over ability to call league when they want with NO vote and you can see the obvious "Fix" getting put in place - "just in case"

Some PC that seems to favour the paedo harborers ?

The fixture list is clearly rigged in their favour. Surely any doubt the SPFL work for one club has been proven beyond doubt this year.

Season 2019/20

Livingston v Celtic x 2
Celtic v Livingston x 1

Season 2020/21

Celtic v Livingston x 2
Livingston v Celtic x 1

that is just one example

it applies to all sides

Too much common sense for on here.

I don't know about you but I would far rather play the sheep away 1st at an empty stadium and a good chance we have Ibrox packed out twice. Same applies to all the harder away games. Must just be me?

Yes but their motives will be to have us dropping points early on. Playing catch up going into the Old Firm game at Parkhead with the pressure on us to fall further behind. It is further corruption from the cabal in Scottish Football.

I think everyone and their dog knew that every conceivable stunt will be pulled this season to give them an adsvantage

Yes but their motives will be to have us dropping points early on. Playing catch up going into the Old Firm game at Parkhead with the pressure on us to fall further behind. It is further corruption from the cabal in Scottish Football.

I understand your point but that can also be a double edge sword too. If we perform well and surely that will put pressure on the tims since we've had good results against the better teams of the league which they are still to play? No reason why we can't claim all the points up for grabs early on. It's already been said but playing Aberdeen away with no crowd is a benefit to us I believe.

I actually think they've shot themselves in the foot yes our run in up to the first old firm isn't great. But if these games are behind closed doors then it actually favours us. Plenty times we've been 2-0 up away from him. And we've done something to give there fans a lift which lifts there team and they end up getting back into the game. If we go two up and they don't have fans I honestly think most teams will accept it and fold

I understand your point but that can also be a double edge sword too. If we perform well and surely that will put pressure on the tims since we've had good results against the better teams of the league which they are still to play? No reason why we can't claim all the points up for grabs early on. It's already been said but playing Aberdeen away with no crowd is a benefit to us I believe.
Sorry but I don't get your thinking mate. Harder fixtures v easier fixtures at the start of the season has been engineered to suit one club and it is not us. Aberdeen away with or without fans is our 3rd hardest fixture out of 22 matches with or without crowds. What are the chances of getting dealt that card eh? The referees are not swayed by crowds these days anyway. They are swayed by either intimidation or loyalty. IMHO.

Back