Fixture Observation

There's a long way to go yet.

Every slip up from them is most welcome but I don't see many coming from their upcoming run of games however when confidence and belief is as low as theirs can a situation be turned around?

Personally, i see the next OF game being pivotal. If we can win that game I've every faith the players will use the confidence from that to win the games at Pittodrie, Easter Road and Motherwell.

The bigger the lead the better. I don't think my nerves could take us going into the split with a slender advantage beholden to the totally random fixture computer pitching us up at Pittodrie and Easter Road.

Looking at both ours and their fixtures I don't see many, if any points being dropped. Our hardest games are probably Scumdee away and Hibs at home, while Killie at home is their hardest game.

January will be the real test. Celtic at home then Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell away. Celtic have us, Livi and hibs at home as their hardest games. They could play their games in hand that month with Aberdeen at home and Livi away both tough games.
Mwell away isn’t an overly difficult match.

I feel this is coming across in every interview I hear from anyone in our camp

All of them repeating that leading in November means absolutely nothing.

I am 100% certain that our management team and all the players are treating every single league match as a cup final.
It doesn’t mean nothing though

Just had a look at the fixture run through to January.

The big thing that jumped out to me is that we either play first or at the same time as them. As well as us having a weekend when we play and they don’t due to cup final.

This is the month to put pressure on them continually and try to break them. If we keep winning they know they are going out just trying to up.

5th Dec -
Ross County v Rangers 12pm
Celtic v St Johnstone 3pm

12th Dec -
Dundee Utd v Rangers 12pm
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -
Rangers v Motherwell 12pm
They play in cup final v Hearts

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Rangers v Hibs 12:30pm
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm
Dundee Utd and Ross County games will be on a Sunday not the Saturday.

I'm not being in the slightest bit complacent here but their wheels have
well and truly come off.
They will continue to drop points in any given game home or away.
They are all over the shop.
The longer that yellow toothed fat mess is in charge the better.
We are playing some really good stuff at the minute.
Conceding nothing and we have the hunger.
That said, we have won nothing to boast about recently.
So, at this precise moment, it's ours to throw away. (Good Feeling that)
If they get rid of TLB and put in someone else of high calibre, he will need to hit the ground not just running, but sprinting. (a very hard ask)
So for me, just keep winning boys.

That is one busy schedule but one we can look forward to. A win against Benfica this week would be just the ticket to make the last 2 Europa league games a little less nervy.

We should, playing like this, win all of them. December and if you add in January’s fixtures for us will really determine if we can go on and win it. With league cup semi finals on jan 23rd we have them followed by 3 consecutive away games at Aberdeen Motherwell and Hibs.
This for me, if goes to plan, is when the cheese board and champers get rolled out

The big thing that jumped out to me is that we either play first or at the same time as them. As well as us having a weekend when we play and they don’t due to cup final.

This is the month to put pressure on them continually and try to break them. If we keep winning they know they are going out just trying to up.

5th Dec -

12th Dec -
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm

Appreciate that.

5th Dec -

12th Dec -
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm
Ross County is on Sunday 6th.

I can’t see us dropping any points in December so going to go into the next old firm minimum 14 points clear

They won’t drop any points before they plus us on January 2nd where as we have a couple of tricky away games off the back of Europe.
January is massive for us also because even looking at the tramps fixtures up until the split they won’t face too many difficult games out with the old firm and trip to Rugby Park.
I honestly believe it’s going to be a lot tighter than some people think and might be another last day title decider.
The 5 point gap we have just now could be massive come May!
They wont drop any points?.........................have you seen their defence and them passing sideways any time they get near opposition box - me thinks you may be giving them far too much credit.

Away games are what will define our season now.

We have already dropped points to a terrible Livvy team and a painfully average Hibs side.

St Johnstone always lift their game against us and on their dogshit pitch they will turn it into a cup tie.

Dundee Utd will be the same.

Those away games are crucial.

there is a big difference between winning games on paper and actually going to the grounds and winning

it's the same for both teams as well, there is no easy tie for us but with the form they are in, there isn't any easy game for them either. There will be a time in the season when the performance isn't there for us so we have to focus on the result, it's more important than winning a game at a canter or playing great football

we could really do with winter not hitting until they play more of the away games, quagmire pitches at Dingwall/Tannadice/McDiarmid Park is when you will see what the team is made of if we have to play on them

Aberdeen Home - Covid
St Mirren Home - SC semi weekend

plus Livingston Away
Cheers pal, any idea when they will fit these fixtures in. I know it depends on Europe but Feb seems a tough month for the Aberdeen and Motherwell at home, Killie and St Johnstone Away without throwing more fixtures in

Cheers pal, any idea when they will fit these fixtures in. I know it depends on Europe but Feb seems a tough month for the Aberdeen and Motherwell at home, Killie and St Johnstone Away without throwing more fixtures in
There is free dates in Janaury but they unlikely progress in Europa League so that frees up dates

I usually really like the league cup, so many good memories, but this year, I'd play the youth team. Packed schedule, focus on the league for 55 and Europe for money.

On paper they have the easier run from now to the end of the year but if we can win our next 7 games (up to and including game against them) then we will win the league.

Worst case scenario we’d be 8 points clear with 2 games to go against them.

It would be handy as Jan is grim.

Until that point it’s still up in the air, we won’t be as good as we currently are for the duration of the season and they won’t be as bad.

If Lennon is still in charge after European game I expect him to be in the dugout at Ibrox which would be great as it’ll be too late for them to change it.

Will be a really testing couple of months.

As much as they are p*sh and off the boil I can't see them dropping any points looking at their fixtures on paper. Although different in practice!

We need to keep focused on ourselves and we won't have to worry about anything else.

The fact that last seasons cup is still being played could come back to bite them as they will have three games in hand that wont be played until at least January

I know this goes into the "paranoid" category but I am sure that the 12pm kick offs are all being allocated to us as neither team likes the early starts, especially after games in Europe.

I said on Facebook on Saturday now that the gap is 11 points (yes they have games in hand) if we match them until the weekend of the cup final and we beat Motherwell, gap is 14 points, match them til new year gap is 17 points, they win games in hand and we match them (or lose them) and we beat them in March that's 20 points clear, we'll be champions elect or champions depending on how they get on between new year and March 20th weekend

5th Dec -

12th Dec -
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm
Get through that winning them all which we should do, then beat them on the 2nd and we’re well on our way. until then i remain uncertain of 55

January is absolutely huge for us.

They are pinning their hopes on us collapsing again and them strolling through to 9.75 in a row regardless of how pish they are just now.

If we can make it through the run of games v them and then away to hibs, Aberdeen and motherwell relatively unscathed, that is the point id expect the penny to drop in the east end. The pressure at that point on TLB will be massive, assuming he is still in charge by the end of Jan.

We need to get to those fixtures first though and not take the remainder of this year for granted.

One is the LC semi - hopefully they can play their game in hand then.
There is League games scheduled that weekend 23/24 Janaury

We are due to host Ross County, they are at St Mirren

Free midweek dates 6th, 13th & 20th Janaury but I said in the post they are unlikely to be in the Europa League so those midweek dates became available for them

It is down to Sky scheduling why we have 12 noon kick-offs
I understand that Rangeral, but they do have quite a fanbase there also. Again, I might be reading more into it than is there, but that club pressure, pressure, pressure for every advantage. Their friends in place seem more than willing to help out.

There's a long way to go yet.

Every slip up from them is most welcome but I don't see many coming from their upcoming run of games however when confidence and belief is as low as theirs can a situation be turned around?

Personally, i see the next OF game being pivotal. If we can win that game I've every faith the players will use the confidence from that to win the games at Pittodrie, Easter Road and Motherwell.

The bigger the lead the better. I don't think my nerves could take us going into the split with a slender advantage beholden to the totally random fixture computer pitching us up at Pittodrie and Easter Road.
The bigger the lead the better.

Most important statement.

I understand that Rangeral, but they do have quite a fanbase there also. Again, I might be reading more into it than is there, but that club pressure, pressure, pressure for every advantage. Their friends in place seem more than willing to help out.
Celtic also get the 12 noon kick-off for live Sky games on a Sunday

3pm kick-off is the non-live TV game kick-off exactly 24 hours after the game was originally scheduled for

Celtic also get the 12 noon kick-off for live Sky games on a Sunday

3pm kick-off is the non-live TV game kick-off exactly 24 hours after the game was originally scheduled for
I suppose them wanting to show the most exciting team in the league could be another explanation.

I prefer the conspiracy theory though!!!

I suppose them wanting to show the most exciting team in the league could be another explanation.

I prefer the conspiracy theory though!!!
Doesn't matter who the team is SPFL games are 12 noon due to the scheduling by Sky currently on the Sunday - Games shown on Sky Sports Main Event and Football channels

If it was on the Sky Sports Football channel only then we can a better kick-off time, as Main Event also has EPL games

Last edited:

5th Dec -

12th Dec -
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm
Thanks for that OP.

We’ve clearly got the tougher run of games now. Despite the fact that they aren’t good teams, Dundee United, St Mirren and St Johnstone are all tricky away ties. They can all take points off us and then. Ross County tends not to be but away from home it has the potential to be.

Thanks for that OP.

We’ve clearly got the tougher run of games now. Despite the fact that they aren’t good teams, Dundee United, St Mirren and St Johnstone are all tricky away ties. They can all take points off us and then. Ross County tends not to be but away from home it has the potential to be.
Ross County remember gave us our least comfortable home game of the season so far.

I said on Facebook on Saturday now that the gap is 11 points (yes they have games in hand) if we match them until the weekend of the cup final and we beat Motherwell, gap is 14 points, match them til new year gap is 17 points, they win games in hand and we match them (or lose them) and we beat them in March that's 20 points clear, we'll be champions elect or champions depending on how they get on between new year and March 20th weekend
So if we keep matching them and beating them we will win?

Also, they will play their games in hand in January.

If they were looking for an advantage, they would have preferred a Sunday game against Hibs. Getting players back on Thursday/Friday and playing Saturday would he seen as a disadvantage to them regardless of kick-off time. I was surprised that game wasn't the live Sky game.

If they were looking for an advantage, they would have preferred a Sunday game against Hibs. Getting players back on Thursday/Friday and playing Saturday would he seen as a disadvantage to them regardless of kick-off time. I was surprised that game wasn't the live Sky game.
The 12pm kick off is the killer. The link to Scotsman article explains it. It's the getting up early, travel and shovelling down the food required for the game. It's kinda the same for both teams (travel excluded) but gets doubled down if following a Europa league game. In the article Gerrard was saying a night game on Sunday would be much more preferable, for both clubs.

The 12pm kick off is the killer. The link to Scotsman article explains it. It's the getting up early, travel and shovelling down the food required for the game. It's kinda the same for both teams (travel excluded) but gets doubled down if following a Europa league game. In the article Gerrard was saying a night game on Sunday would be much more preferable, for both clubs.
Yeah, I totally agree that the early kick off is difficult. A 7pm kick off would be great. We should be used to it by now though, and going into this weekend I thought we had the better fixture time, especially being a home game. A 12pm kick off at Aberdeen or Dingwall is ridiculous.

Back