Fixtures Announced Today

The piggery first game

Might as well get the season to a good start with an early lead in the table. Also it would give Sky a showcase game to kick off the season.

I really dont know why theyre bothering. Theyll have to do this all over again when the courts order them to include Hearts in the top division

Last edited:
Quite possible as in 2012 while the fixtures were meant for us it was replaced with Club 12 until it got sorted

Saturday August 4, 2012
Celtic v Aberdeen
Hearts v St Johnstone
Kilmarnock v Club 12
Ross County v Motherwell
St Mirren v Inverness CT

Seems about right, tricky away trip on a shitey surface.

The piggery first game

Might as well get the season to a good start with an early lead in the table. Also it would give Sky a showcase game to kick off the season.

I really dont know why theyre bothering. Theyll have to do this all over again when the courts order them to include Hearts in the top division

Not if they have planned for any court case as posted in 2012 they included Club 12 instead of the actual team but the fixture were based on us been in the SPL

That is all they have to do for next season

When the fixtures are released will the Dundee team be replaced with "Team 12" until the court case has run its course?
I wouldnt have thought so.
The SPFL will likely double down on their double down and put Dundee Utd.
I expect their lawyer will even advise this.

Good point!

2020/21 Final

Iain Blairs has said they have to postpone 2020/21 League games to accommodate the 3 outstanding games from 2019/20 Scottish Cup
A bit of a joke.
It'll be another stitch up.
They should really have the cup games the week the 4 semi finalist play each other.
Allow the rest of us to play their game, at least for the Semi.
And for the final you'd also only have 2 games postponed.

I’m going Aberdeen away followed by killie at home. 2 teams we have struggled against so the ‘random’ computer will try to give them an early lead over us

Fobbing everyone off till after the result of the Hearts/Thistle Court case is known. Damage limitation if they have to change teams (Hearts/Dundee Utd) or an interdict is imposed, if the fixtures haven't yet been released.

I’m going Aberdeen away followed by killie at home. 2 teams we have struggled against so the ‘random’ computer will try to give them an early lead over us
We just need to go to these places and win ,Simple.

With social distancing expected to go to 1m when can we expect folk back in Ibrox?

Everyone is pessimistically predicting our first away games to be the tough ones. But i actually think they will be the opposite.

What we have seen in the leagues in England and throughout Europe, home advantage is not counting for much. I think the away games v Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc. I genuinely think the SPFL will be saving these trips for later in the year to give it every chance there is a crowd there to give the home side an advantage.

Iain Blairs has said they have to postpone 2020/21 League games to accommodate the 3 outstanding games from 2019/20 Scottish Cup

i dont get this. If the scheduling for the entire season is proving as hard as they say it is. Rather than the entire league be postponed for two weekends in order to showcase the 19/20 Scottish Cup semi finals and final. Why dont they select the 4 semi finalists (all Prem teams) to play one another in the league on the dates for the semi finals and final. That way 4 Prem games can still go ahead those weekends.

Rather than trying to fit in a new date for two full rounds of fixtures involving 12 clubs - you're only trying to fit in 3 games. Or is that too sensible?

i dont get this. If the scheduling for the entire season is proving as hard as they say it is. Rather than the entire league be postponed for two weekends in order to showcase the 19/20 Scottish Cup semi finals and final. Why dont they select the 4 semi finalists (all Prem teams) to play one another in the league on the dates for the semi finals and final. That way 4 Prem games can still go ahead those weekends.

Rather than trying to fit in a new date for two full rounds of fixtures involving 12 clubs - you're only trying to fit in 3 games. Or is that too sensible?
Alternatively scrap the SC. Are we the only country in Europe calling our league but continuing a domestic cup? The Lawwell ‘having his cake and eating it‘ rule? Beyond stupid - you finish the season or you don’t, not half and half.

Will be away to one of these

Aberdeen
Hamilton
Hibs
Livingston
Motherwell

Aberdeen or Hibs away wouldn’t disappoint me.

Getting a “hostile” fixture away from home out the way with no home support to add to the “hostility” isn’t such a bad thing.

He hasn't said they will postpone all fixtures but it depends on who playing who on those weekend but yes it should be done in a way it like below

Celtic v Aberdeen should be the same weekend game as the semi-final of the same fixture

While Hibs v Hearts it might affect 2 fixture if in different leagues?

Alternatively scrap the SC. Are we the only country in Europe calling our league but continuing a domestic cup? The Lawwell ‘having his cake and eating it‘ rule? Beyond stupid - you finish the season or you don’t, not half and half.

French Cup Final is on 24th July PSG v St Etienne while the last ever French League Cup Final is on July 31st PSG v Lyon to meet the 3rd August UEFA deadline as both carry an European place

Scottish football would be hilarious of we weren't being screwed over by it so much, all this effort to finish the Scottish Cup when the leagues were scrapped and three of the teams won't have anywhere near the same squad as they had before. Plus there is this whole super computer to work out the fixtures that someone needs to travel to to operate, what year is it ffs! Is it like the computer Richard Pryor built in superman?

Wonder if hearts will file an interdict before Monday to prevent the fixtures . If this takes long enough could we see a situation where we have a 33 game season like the lower leagues. Could mean 2 trips to parkhead and only 1 old firm at Ibrox ?

Wonder if hearts will file an interdict before Monday to prevent the fixtures . If this takes long enough could we see a situation where we have a 33 game season like the lower leagues. Could mean 2 trips to parkhead and only 1 old firm at Ibrox ?

Actual a good point in terms of a delay depending on the Hearts situation

More likely a 27 game season then 33 game if it delayed long enough

1 home 1 away then split for another 5 games

Actual a good point in terms of a delay depending on the Hearts situation

More likely a 27 game season then 33 game if it delayed long enough

1 home 1 away then split for another 5 games

yeah I can see this satisfying the tims with one game BCD at parkhead and then one game each in front of fans . Kinda a get around to them moaning first game bcd. and the spfl can just point at hearts and tell us nothing we can do it’s their fault

So fixtures out on Monday, I wonder if that pesky random computer will keep the mentally challengeds away from the theater of secrets on remembrance weekend? Well it generally does.

We’re away to Aberdeen.
They’re at home to Hamilton.

3 years in a row we’ll be away to Aberdeen or Kilmarnock (when they were third).

I'm going to go with away to Hibs for us the 19th Century Terrorists home to Ross County for flag day

Back