Fixtures Announced Today

It’ll be a tougher away ground.

Aberdeen, Hibs or Motherwell would be my guess.

They will all be fighting to play us later so they don’t miss the blue pound.

Preferably not St Johnstone, Killie, Hamilton or Livi.

We play them BCD without their own fans anyway any other time.

Sheep, HIVS, Dundee Hibs will do me.

Would usually be Hibs or Aberdeen away. Got a feeling it might be killie/livi/Hamilton. Put us on astro straightway.

Easter Road is the talk I've heard tonight. Dunno how much truth is in it and there's about a 1 in 5 chance of it being right even just by guessing! :)

Home/Away fixtures are rotated each season. So, bar putting us at The Paedodome, there are only 5 options. It has to be Aberdeen, Hamilton, Hibs, Livingston or Motherwell away. By the same process, the other lot must have one of those 5 at home.

Rumour doing the rounds apparently sourced from someone at the Record is that we will be away to the Sheep and they will be home to Hamilton.

Don't shoot the messenger, it is a FB rumour and the Record don't get much right these days.

I went for Kilmarnock last year, using the same matrix of where the independent computer thinks we might struggle, I’m going livingston on the shitty pitch.

Won’t be in the least bit surprised if the OF is scheduled before September 30th. You just know they’ll push it as far as they can to get their fans in.

We need to scutinize the entire fixture list, not just the 1st game. I've a sneaky feeling we might get an easy opener but a shitty run of fixtures later on. Given the way recent seasons have gone, I expect a tough run of games later on in the season.

Aberdeen, Hibs or Kilmarnock away on the opening day. Bring it on. Won't be the same for the home teams.

Plus, there can be no excuses after last season's pathetic collapse and a break long enough to be prepared for the restart.

Has there ever been an old firm game on the opening day? Find it odd it's rarely, if ever happened, despite the computer being supposedly random.

Has there ever been an old firm game on the opening day? Find it odd it's rarely, if ever happened, despite the computer being supposedly random.
Before my time but I think there has.70s rings a bell for last time it happened could be wrong.

Thought it was random fixtures from a computer yet we've got numerous people saying Aberdeen away and Hamilton at home for them. Does the computer know there are no crowds for a couple of months at least and the filth game needs to be at the end of the 1st Quarter maybe what i'm saying is has Peter got control of the computer as well.

The computer isn’t ‘random’.

If it was what do you think the odds on there being an OF game on the last fixture before New Year every year would be?

Feel like this has to be mentioned every year - there is a computer algorithm involved in deciding fixtures but there are certain things that are ‘set’ and incorporated into that like the fixture rotations and the OF dates.

First game of the first ever Premier League season in the 1975/76 season.

2-1 to the Gers, with DJ and Quintin Young scoring and Dalglish for them.

Treble season.
They wanted to get the new league format of to a bang, also played the Edinburgh derby on the same day.

Got my bingo card ready for this thread today:

- Complaints about the ‘random’ computer
- “Well we have to play everyone anyway” (completely ignoring the concept of momentum)
- X points from Y games chat
- Watergate level conspiracy theories

Can’t wait. :)

Ideally we get the games with the smallest away allocations out the way first. Hopefully by the time the others come around fans will be allowed to travel.

Back