Fixtures Announced Today

they were running away with nothing ,win game in hand beat them home and away and it’s down to 4points with the Pressure on them. All we had to do was keep believing. I know some folk find that difficult.

@Cathcart Bear

Because if we get past Leverkusen the quarter-final is 10th or 11th August

If Leverkusen is the Thursday then St Mirren is postponed, Wednesday and quarterfinal is arranged for Tuesday then we can play on the Saturday we will find our European date after Friday's draw

We might not play another League until Hamilton Away on 29th August

Assuming we don't get by Leverkusen the St Mirren game will still go ahead that weekend?

don't care how the fixture list came out, if you wanna win the league, then we should be beating everybody home and away, only tims has a team that can give us a game and we've got their number in recent head to heads, plus no winter break which I think is huge for us

Pretty ideal early fixtures tbh
Pittodrie away with no fans and getting out the way first game of the season

Why does November have only 2 games scheduled?

No game listed for the weekend of 14th, then we play the 21st then another free weekend on 28th.

Is it a double international break?

Why does November have only 2 games scheduled?

No game listed for the weekend of 14th, then we play the 21st then another free weekend on 28th.

Is it a double international break?

Only International break is in middle of month around 14th November

Wonder if weekend of 28th November has been set aside for the League Cup 2nd round?

No dates yet for that

Not sure I understand all the fuss. Prefer tougher start as chances are we have as close to a fully fit squad, players fresh and no suspensions.

Not withstanding the Canadian Computer capers, can someone explain why the tried and trusted Home, Away, Home, Away, format was abandoned?

What is the likelihood both OF games being moved to the Sunday..?

Are we scheduled to play any EL qualifiers or group stage games on the Thursday before..?

What is the likelihood both OF games being moved to the Sunday..?

Are we scheduled to play any EL qualifiers or group stage games on the Thursday before..?

It could move to the Sunday depends on them ( or us if we win 2019/20 Europa League)

The following midweek is 1st matchday of the group stage for Champions League and Europa League

But the Saturday is most likely since the date will be announced in well advance

Right at the end of October school week as well, so if anyone actually gets away for a holiday, tough.

We play all of last season's top six twice away from home.

mentally challengeds don't play any of last season's top six twice away from home.

mentally challengeds don't play any of last season's top six twice away from home.

They'll be pleased with only one visit to Livingston guaranteed.

This is a reason why reconstruction was necessary. It's an utter farce that teams have different fixture lists and the schedule can be manipulated.

Just looking at August, miss home games to St Mirren & St Johnstone due to being on holiday.
In Tenerife for the New Year game so going to have to book flights back & forth for that :rolleyes: When will we know for sure if it's being moved?

Like I said if we are good enough we beat them all simple as that

you aren't getting this really! It's not as simple as that, it's about fairness and frankly, it's a fix that we have been given the sheep again and they get an easy tie and it's hardly a coincidence after the tramps have been whinging about not having fans at their matches against us, low and behold they put our games against them back to ensure that there will more than likely be their fans at their game against us.

They'll be pleased with only one visit to Livingston guaranteed.

This is a reason why reconstruction was necessary. It's an utter farce that teams have different fixture lists and the schedule can be manipulated.

Yep, it looks to me like they've manipulated everything it's possible to do with regards fixtures, and avoiding Livingston would've been high on their list of priorities.

Doesn't matter where you finish

Last season we all at home as you say twice so the fixtures flips this season

Rangers v Aberdeen x 2, Aberdeen v Rangers x 1

becames

Aberdeen v Rangers x 2 Rangers v Aberdeen x 1

Yep, it looks to me like they've manipulated everything it's possible to do with regards fixtures, and avoiding Livingston would've been high on their list of priorities.

They were at Livingston twice last season presplit so only once this season

Doesn't matter where you finish

Last season we all at home as you say twice so the fixtures flips this season

Rangers v Aberdeen x 2, Aberdeen v Rangers x 1

becames

Aberdeen v Rangers x 2 Rangers v Aberdeen x 1

So it's pure coincidence that they play none of last season's top six away from home twice and we play them all?

Call me sceptical.

Have Celtic chosen which referee they want for each of their league fixtures yet? The over / under on number of times they get Clancy must be about 10. I wonder who they have decided they want for the other 28.

So it's pure coincidence that they play none of last season's top six away from home twice and we play them all?

Call me sceptical.

2019/20 Aberdeen v Celtic x 2 Celtic v Aberdeen x1

2020/21 Celtic v Aberdeen x 2 Aberdeen v Celtic X1

Nothing pure coincidence about it all the fixtures does is flip each season regardless of where the team finishes

2019/20 Aberdeen v Celtic x 2 Celtic v Aberdeen x1

2020/21 Celtic v Aberdeen x 2 Aberdeen v Celtic X1

Nothing pure coincidence about it all the fixtures does is flip each season regardless of where the team finishes

Surprisingly true and yes, I did have to check. :)

Mickey bastards still run the whole shooting match, but I shall check my facts before future rants.

Why are we at home to Ross County on a Friday night?
From SPFL Q&A

Why are there Friday night fixtures in October and November?
In an ideal world we would have been able to agree to the request from the Scottish FA to postpone our top-flight games on the weekends before the Euro 2020 play-off semi-final with Israel in October and the potential final in Norway or Serbia the following month. The stress on the fixture calendar means we must schedule matches but we have brought them forward to the Friday evening to allow Steve Clarke and his squad as much preparation as possible for the Thursday internationals. There is, however, the prospect that we may require to move some matches to Sunday depending on the progress of clubs in the Europa League.

We have two home ties on a Friday night ffs, cellik have one away on a Friday that it.

Have they ?

Friday 2 October, 2020
Rangers v Ross County (7.45pm)
St Johnstone v Celtic (7.45pm)

Friday 6 November, 2020
Motherwell v Celtic (7.45pm)
Rangers v Hamilton Academical (7.45pm)

Have they ?

Friday 2 October, 2020
Rangers v Ross County (7.45pm)
St Johnstone v Celtic (7.45pm)

Friday 6 November, 2020
Motherwell v Celtic (7.45pm)
Rangers v Hamilton Academical (7.45pm)
The point being cellik are not at home on a Friday night.

Many fans can't make a Friday night, we will lose revenue because of it. cellik won't.
So you think this was a deliberate plan to somehow lose us money by having an extra home game on a Friday night? One we still don’t know if anyone will be allowed into the ground for??

Mate that’s a bit tinfoil hat stuff!

Back