Fixtures Announced Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
Can we expect the first Old Firm game to be the final game in the first round of fixtures as it was last season to give best chance of fans being in attendance or will it not matter because it’s at Ibrox this time?

Will be interesting to see what the “totally random super computer” manages this time around.

Either way, they’ll be getting pumped anyway.

Season starts on 31st July

Rounds 1-11 & 23-33

Home - Aberdeen, Celtic Hearts, Hibs, Livingston Motherwell
Away - Dundee, Dundee United, Ross County St Johnstone, St Mirren

Rounds 12-22

Home - Dundee, Dundee United, Ross County St Johnstone, St Mirren
Away - Aberdeen, Celtic Hearts, Hibs, Livingston Motherwell

As it stands

Opening game mostly likely either Livingston or Motherwell at home on 31st July

Could play Celtic but unlikely
Hearts have a home game as Championship Champions
Aberdeen and Hibs play on the Thursday before and need to be the Sunday where we could playing on Tuesday 3rd August in our 1st CL qualifier so the fixture is 'blocked'

Dundee take 11th place fixture schedule - Kilmarnock
Hearts take 12th place fixture schedule - Hamilton

Their opening game most likely Hearts, Livingston or Motherwell away

R1 - July 31st
CLQR3 - August 3rd/4th
R2 - August 7th
CLQR3 - August 10th
League Cup 2nd Round - August 14th
CLPO/ELPO - August 17th/18th/19th
R3 - August 21st
CLPO/ELPO - August 24th/25th/26th
R4 - August 28th

International Period

R5 - September 11th
CLGS MD1/ELGS MD1 - September 14th/15th/16th
R6 - September 18th
League Cup Quarter-finals - September 21st/22nd
R7 - September 25th
CLGS MD2/ELGS MD2 - September 28th/29th/30th
R8 - October 2nd

International Period

R9 - October 16th
CLGS MD3/ELGS MD3 - October 19th/20th/21st
R10 - October 23rd
R11- October 27th?

How much 'noise' have we made to ensure the 1st game against them is late in the schedule like they did last year?

17th October 2020 was one of 4 dates for it as round 1 wasn't going to happen which it was the other date

Season starts on 31st July

Rounds 1-11 & 23-33

Home - Aberdeen, Celtic Hearts, Hibs, Livingston Motherwell
Away - Dundee, Dundee United, Ross County St Johnstone, St Mirren

Rounds 12-22

Home - Dundee, Dundee United, Ross County St Johnstone, St Mirren
Away - Aberdeen, Celtic Hearts, Hibs, Livingston Motherwell

As it stands

Opening game mostly likely either Livingston or Motherwell at home on 31st July

Could play Celtic but unlikely
Hearts have a home game as Championship Champions
Aberdeen and Hibs play on the Thursday before and need to be the Sunday where we could playing on Tuesday 3rd August in our 1st CL qualifier so the fixture is 'blocked'

Dundee take 11th place fixture schedule - Kilmarnock
Hearts take 12th place fixture schedule - Hamilton

Their opening game most likely Hearts, Livingston or Motherwell away

R1 - July 31st
CLQR3 - August 3rd/4th
R2 - August 7th
CLQR3 - August 10th
League Cup 2nd Round - August 14th
CLPO/ELPO - August 17th/18th/19th
R3 - August 21st
CLPO/ELPO - August 24th/25th/26th
R4 - August 28th

International Period

R5 - September 11th
CLGS MD1/ELGS MD1 - September 14th/15th/16th
R6 - September 18th
League Cup Quarter-finals - September 21st/22nd
R7 - September 25th
CLGS MD2/ELGS MD2 - September 28th/29th/30th
R8 - October 2nd

International Period

R9 - October 16th
CLGS MD3/ELGS MD3 - October 19th/20th/21st
R10 - October 23rd
R11- October 27th?
Reckon first old firm will be 11/12th of September then?

Should be the same as last season. Last possible fixture to give the best chance of a crowd. But we know it won't be.

One thing I have notice both hearts and Dundee have a fixture imbalance

Hibs are a coming to us twice which should means we travel to Hearts twice which the same applies to Dundee should come to us twice we are heading to Dundee United twice

This is something we happened when we came back in 2016 and after a couple of season the SPFL sorted it

All the SPFL have to do is not to flip the fixture for the schedule each team are replacing the relegated - i.e Hearts v Rangers (Hamilton v Rangers 2020/21) in rounds 1-11 & 23-33

Would mean Dundee becomes an option on the opening day

Last year on the run up to fixture announcements that lot were on the front foot wanting the first OF pushed back as late as possible

low and behold, it was the latest it’s ever been and the final fixture round of the first set

disappointed we haven’t been making noise about this given they’re released next week and a precedent has now been set

Last year on the run up to fixture announcements that lot were on the front foot wanting the first OF pushed back as late as possible

low and behold, it was the latest it’s ever been and the final fixture round of the first set

disappointed we haven’t been making noise about this given they’re released next week and a precedent has now been set
it didn't exactly do those cunts any favours, so I'm not sure why we would be pushing for it.

Difference is last season they wanted it pushed back as far as possible to try get fans in, this season they’ll want it pushed back again but this time its to delay the annihilation and the inevitable riots that will follow from the self proclaimed ‘greatest fans in the world’ for as long as possible…..

maybe our club think it will suit us to get the tramps early doors while their new players and new manager are still trying to bed themselves in,

*rage intensifies*

5-F4-C53-FD-9461-4728-A5-B4-0-BC0198-A04-A1.jpg

Won't make any difference. If there aren't big numbers of fans in for opening weekend then there's no chance of any more than a few thousand being at any game this side of Christmas.

The Scottish Govt have no interest in trying to get normality.

Obviously it’s always exciting looking forward to seeing nee fixtures but it isn’t the same knowing we will have to watch them on TV.

6194b910ca5cb3e3feeecd080a10128e.gif

Is all I care about.

Start of the run, middle of the run, last of the run, they're now on the run and that suits me fine.

That’s a fair point.

Our ST holders should be given every chance of being allowed into the stadium.

Although I still think we’ll batter the bastards with or without fans inside Ibrox

As do I. We’ll beat them in fixture 4 or 12.

I just find the apathy towards when it will be played in some replies a little curious - why wouldn’t we want as many of our fans to attend as possible ?

What do we canvas for though? To have it early - then hope restrictions are lifted and we get a good crowd in? Only to find Nippy says ‘you can only have 500’ in. Or to have it later - and run the risk that, if we ever get out of lockdown in Glasgow we simply go back in,deeper, and end up with no fans in at all?

Personally I’d rather have it early, when they are in turmoil, and hope that we get fans in. There’s no easy answer though, so why lobby?

I'll be disappointed if we don't destroy them in the first OF game of the season, and get that psychological blow in early. Make it another very long season of internal mayhem at the Piggery.

To be honest, we will most likely just be focussing on the football and nothing else, they made the noise about trying to get fans in because they knew they were f**ked last season. And in the clubs defence, they can pressurise and lobby all they want but it won’t make a blind bit of difference, Furher Sturgeon will do as she pleases. Said on the thread about crowds on Friday, I don’t think there is any chance of us getting crowds in early doors. All the signs for me are pointing to a post euros return to level 3 or 4

Or maybe it would actually suit us being as close to the start of season as possible to capitalise on the utter shambles going on up there just now?

Why even make them relevant?
Don’t think it’s about making them relevant, it’s more a case of parity.

Lawwell and the filth lobbied successfully to get the old firm moved, which was totally unprecedented.

This time around if the old firm game is moved again to the last round of fixtures, there is a good chance thousands more Bears could see the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back