Fixtures Announced Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year on the run up to fixture announcements that lot were on the front foot wanting the first OF pushed back as late as possible

low and behold, it was the latest it’s ever been and the final fixture round of the first set

disappointed we haven’t been making noise about this given they’re released next week and a precedent has now been set
Where did you see or hear them on the front foot?

Yes, I know damn well they lobbied and got it pushed back.

But I don't remember anything public?

Play it first game while they are in disarray. Whether I'm there or not is unimportant, its the result that matters.

Last year on the run up to fixture announcements that lot were on the front foot wanting the first OF pushed back as late as possible

low and behold, it was the latest it’s ever been and the final fixture round of the first set

disappointed we haven’t been making noise about this given they’re released next week and a precedent has now been set
On this occasion, if the fixture is reverted back to what has mostly been a post WW2 norm, it shows the authorities up for what they and the filth were all about last term.

As someone who bores everyone hither and yon about a lack of action from the club on just about everything, silence is golden this time around.

If they make it fixture 11 again the OP will be back on saying it's the SPFL trying to give their new manager as much time as possible to settle in before they play us :))
It’ll happen. When in reality at this rate the best tome to play them is as early as possible

you seriously wouldn’t prefer it to be week 11 to allow us all the biggest opportunity to get in?
You seriously wouldn't prefer it to be early to give them as little time as possible to settle with a new manager and squad?

For all the posters not giving a stuff, do you honestly not care for the chance of thousands of bears having the chance to attend the old firm game?

You seriously wouldn't prefer it to be early to give them as little time as possible to settle with a new manager and squad?
No. I want to be able to go to the biggest game of the domestic fixture list

Well you did more or less speak for every ST holder.

No, I didn’t.

I said it’s curious that some people wouldn’t want us to give ourselves the opportunity to have as many people in attendance as possible.

That’s my opinion. I would like to be able to attend the match, and without “speaking for every season ticket holder”, I do suspect a lot will feel similar.

Hopefully it’s pushed back to allow as many ST holders as possible in.

Im confident we don’t need to play them early to gain advantage as we will smash them at any point this season

No, I didn’t.

I said it’s curious that some people wouldn’t want us to give ourselves the opportunity to have as many people in attendance as possible.

That’s my opinion. I would like to be able to attend the match, and without “speaking for every season ticket holder”, I do suspect a lot will feel similar.
I’d like to attend also but I also believe us getting them early is better giving the mess they’re in at the moment

If they make it fixture 11 again the OP will be back on saying it's the SPFL trying to give their new manager as much time as possible to settle in before they play us :))
Bollocks but at least you got there with a second attempt :)

I’d like to attend also but I also believe us getting them early is better giving the mess they’re in at the moment
They could hit the ground running and we don’t. Who knows.

I suspect if you asked the players and management what they’d prefer though, they’d choose a full Ibrox

That’s a perfectly legitimate point, but ultimately we’ve made a donation last season. This season I would like to actually like to get some live football for my money

How much 'noise' have we made to ensure the 1st game against them is late in the schedule like they did last year?

17th October 2020 was one of 4 dates for it as round 1 wasn't going to happen which it was the other date
Not enough, I feel, we are all agreed we’ll give them a cuffing but the main point is around fan attendance, hopefully common sense prevails but with this shower in givt I can see Glasgow in tier 3 again come mid July.

Will 3 out of their opening 4 games be away from home like Rangers got previously

Aberdeen, Motherwell and a Game v Them all away from home in the opening 4 games

We were continually told it was Celtic were the champions they had an easy set of opening fixtures, let’s see what happens now as we are watching

Will 3 out of their opening 4 games be away from home like Rangers got previously

Aberdeen, Motherwell and a Game v Them all away from home in the opening 4 games

We were continually told it was Celtic were the champions they had an easy set of opening fixtures, let’s see what happens now as we are watching
Genuinely interested what negative or positive impact you think that might have on our season?

The OF game being at the end of the schedule isn't necessarily a good thing if cases rise again in September/October. In any case with this government, it'll be a long road back to full stands, and that's just for home games.

Genuinely interested what negative or positive impact you think that might have on our season?
Opening the season with a harder set of away fixtures like Rangers have for years now is always going to be more difficult than playing harder away fixtures when your team is up and running so to speak a number of weeks into a season

New players gelling in new teammates new formations, new players not used to the speed of the game

Then you have the imbalance of the split as your team has already been to harder away grounds twice and will need to do so again

Rangers have had the dirty end of the stick now for years with these so called random fixtures

I look forward to the majority of home games this December/ January when our rivals are away on shitty pitches as that’s been the norm for us for years now

I don’t buy into the argument that we all need to go to these grounds sometime

Timing is everything and they’ve had it their own way for years now

Aberdeen at Ibrox first game of the season so Brown has to watch the unfurling of the league flag.
Scum away to Hearts.

Season starts on 31st July

Rounds 1-11 & 23-33

Home - Aberdeen, Celtic Hearts, Hibs, Livingston Motherwell
Away - Dundee, Dundee United, Ross County St Johnstone, St Mirren

Rounds 12-22

Home - Dundee, Dundee United, Ross County St Johnstone, St Mirren
Away - Aberdeen, Celtic Hearts, Hibs, Livingston Motherwell

As it stands

Opening game mostly likely either Livingston or Motherwell at home on 31st July

Could play Celtic but unlikely
Hearts have a home game as Championship Champions
Aberdeen and Hibs play on the Thursday before and need to be the Sunday where we could playing on Tuesday 3rd August in our 1st CL qualifier so the fixture is 'blocked'

Dundee take 11th place fixture schedule - Kilmarnock
Hearts take 12th place fixture schedule - Hamilton

Their opening game most likely Hearts, Livingston or Motherwell away

R1 - July 31st
CLQR3 - August 3rd/4th
R2 - August 7th
CLQR3 - August 10th
League Cup 2nd Round - August 14th
CLPO/ELPO - August 17th/18th/19th
R3 - August 21st
CLPO/ELPO - August 24th/25th/26th
R4 - August 28th

International Period

R5 - September 11th
CLGS MD1/ELGS MD1 - September 14th/15th/16th
R6 - September 18th
League Cup Quarter-finals - September 21st/22nd
R7 - September 25th
CLGS MD2/ELGS MD2 - September 28th/29th/30th
R8 - October 2nd

International Period

R9 - October 16th
CLGS MD3/ELGS MD3 - October 19th/20th/21st
R10 - October 23rd
R11- October 27th?

Will Celtic get the reverse of our fixtures?

If so that would mean in the first round of fixtures that lot will be going to Ibrox, Easter Road, Tynecastle, Pittodrie, Fir Park and Livingston.

That’s not easy with a new manager whilst also trying to qualify for Europe.

Won’t matter when the game is tbh anybody thinking we will have a full Ibrox anytime soon hasn’t been paying attention. Scottish government have no intention of getting back to normal anytime soon.

Won’t matter when the game is tbh anybody thinking we will have a full Ibrox anytime soon hasn’t been paying attention. Scottish government have no intention of getting back to normal anytime soon.
No one is saying a full Ibrox but there has to be some fans in and the club must be lobbying for this now.

If so that would mean in the first round of fixtures that lot will be going to Ibrox, Easter Road, Tynecastle, Pittodrie, Fir Park and Livingston.

Yes they will have opposite what we have this season

That’s the way it should work but this lot running our game can’t be trusted

Last year’s fixtures were hand picked for the unwashed going for 9.75

Sky will push for whenever is likely to have the biggest crowd, which i imagine would be the same as most season ticket holders. For that i would say as late as possible so fixture 11.

Rounds 1-11 & 23-33

Rounds 12-22

As it stands

Aberdeen and Hibs play on the Thursday before and need to be the Sunday where we could playing on Tuesday 3rd August in our 1st CL qualifier so the fixture is 'blocked'

R1 - July 31st
CLQR3 - August 3rd/4th
R2 - August 7th
CLQR3 - August 10th
R3 - August 21st
R4 - August 28th

International Period

R5 - September 11th
R6 - September 18th
R7 - September 25th
R8 - October 2nd

International Period

R9 - October 16th
R10 - October 23rd
R11- October 27th?
Wow, comprehensive or what!! Only date missing was winning 56!!!!

Sky will push for whenever is likely to have the biggest crowd, which i imagine would be the same as most season ticket holders. For that i would say as late as possible so fixture 11.

before any conspiracy theories start i agree , its in skys interest that the title is a close fought affair

Rounds 1-11 & 23-33

Rounds 12-22

As it stands

R1 - July 31st
CLQR3 - August 3rd/4th
R2 - August 7th
CLQR3 - August 10th
R3 - August 21st
R4 - August 28th

International Period

R5 - September 11th
R6 - September 18th
R7 - September 25th
R8 - October 2nd

International Period

R9 - October 16th
R10 - October 23rd
R11- October 27th?
Get they International games to f*ck. 10 days of misery each time.

Fixtures tomorrow! I was really excited but with this latest Covid news I suppose I better curb my enthusiasm a little seeing we probably won't be getting back in for the season kicking off. Not a full house anyway.

Rounds 1-11 & 23-33

Rounds 12-22

As it stands

R1 - July 31st
CLQR3 - August 3rd/4th
R2 - August 7th
CLQR3 - August 10th
R3 - August 21st
R4 - August 28th

International Period

R5 - September 11th
R6 - September 18th
R7 - September 25th
R8 - October 2nd

International Period

R9 - October 16th
R10 - October 23rd
R11- October 27th?
Thanks. Very informative and comprehensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back