Fixtures Showing on Amazon Prime

It is but I’m pretty certain if Amazon can get the numbers they need during this trial then they will pay huge money to secure more games, and the Amazon Prime membership will increase accordingly
I would happily pay Amazon prime a higher monthly fee for the football. They have the money to blow any TV company out the water.

See people weren't too impressed when they tried streaming the golf live, slow bitrate and delay. Hopefully the will sort the issues out before launch.

For any Canadian bears looking in on this thread, EPL games this season will only be available on DAZN, also a streaming service.

Is this for a normal Amazon prime subscription, or do you have to pay extra? (the wife has it)

I have Virgin and a 4K telly. It’s never quite the same. You can instantly tell if a match is shown on tv or streamed.
You're still watching it on your TV though mate ;)

Virgin and 4k TV myself also. Depends where you're streaming from and with what device but apart from bt sport I'm streaming and it's superb.

You're still watching it on your TV though mate ;)

Virgin and 4k TV myself also. Depends where you're streaming from and with what device but apart from bt sport I'm streaming and it's superb.
It’s never quite the same though as watching matches shown by the convention sky and bt hd/4K channels. I have watched on a multitude of tvs and devices and you always tell us a match is streaming. It looks slightly different to the eye.

I have Virgin and a 4K telly. It’s never quite the same. You can instantly tell if a match is shown on tv or streamed.

odd, I have BT and the 4K BT sport channel is effectively a stream and it looks much better.

Kodi, IPTV steams etc, yes don't look as good, but official streams i've never had a problem with.

20 years from now, it will all be streaming in one way or the other. SKY is heading that way currently.

The way all sports will be televised, including football, will be vastly different to today. I wonder how it will affect a club like Rangers, but the potential could be exciting.

It’s never quite the same though as watching matches shown by the convention sky and bt hd/4K channels. I have watched on a multitude of tvs and devices and you always tell us a match is streaming. It looks slightly different to the eye.
We'll have to agree to disagree then mate as my set up is superb.

We'll have to agree to disagree then mate as my set up is superb.
I’m not saying the picture is pish or anything and maybe I just have a keen eye, maybe it’s a slight change in the colour set up or something, who knows but I can always tell the difference.

The other issue is if your internet service is disrupted for any reason, which I have had a couple of times with Virgin.

odd, I have BT and the 4K BT sport channel is effectively a stream and it looks much better.

Kodi, IPTV steams etc, yes don't look as good, but official streams i've never had a problem with.
my bt sport stream is terrible and hardly ever works , will stream for a few minutes and then freeze and then i will need to refresh etc. Think thats down to my laptop being terrible tho, any suggestions ? im not very tech friendly for a teenager

however what i will say is my prime and premier sports stream alot better on my laptop and i can just turn my phone off so i avoid the score . I do notice the difference , not complaining for the price tho as its nota massive difference

how come? cant you just turn off your phone when the game is on?

Tbf I’m really basing it on times I’ve watched Rangers on Sky Go, BT Sports app or RTV via VPN. Given its Rangers I need to know the score ASAP rather than up to a minute later.

Perhaps I wouldn’t have an issue with Amazon streaming as I’m a neutral, but fans of the PL teams may feel the same way I do with regards to paying to watch their team on delay.

There's a delay on normal TV also.

There is but nothing like the delay on the online platforms. Maybe Amazon have a way they can reduce the latency. Time will tell.

Have used it for the tennis a few times, well behind - will need to improve a lot but be surprised if it doesn’t.

Take the one month free Amazon Prime trial for December and you will get this for nothing.
Just remember and cancel it before it renews.

This is a snapshot into the future of how we will watch football. Pick a game, stream it. Although some might say that is the present if you catch my drift.

It's not just the delay. The quality is pants also
I dont have any issue with the quality.. the motion when the ball was in the air was totally fine when I watched the Champions League final on it.

but im not used to 4k etc I usually watch it on a 720p stream

Tbf I’m really basing it on times I’ve watched Rangers on Sky Go, BT Sports app or RTV via VPN. Given its Rangers I need to know the score ASAP rather than up to a minute later.

Perhaps I wouldn’t have an issue with Amazon streaming as I’m a neutral, but fans of the PL teams may feel the same way I do with regards to paying to watch their team on delay.

There is but nothing like the delay on the online platforms. Maybe Amazon have a way they can reduce the latency. Time will tell.

Sounds like that's to do with your internet connection i'm afraid.

if you've never done it google "disconnect bell wire" its a hang over from old phones that needed power and interferes with the internet. i've done this in my last 2 houses and it had improved my internet. Although i now have fibre.

BT Sport 4k (and possible sport HD) are all via the internet even with a BT box. If the internet ever goes down you don't get the 4k channel (and maybe the HD channels but i can't remember).

The BT box is just a freeview box with a few online streaming channel added.

I'll be honest, i've never had a problem with any streaming from official channels. well maybe the sky but that's only because its not steamed in HD.

Hopefully we’re heading towards an eventual “stream your team” model.

Effectively an option to have a TV season ticket for just one team.

It happens abroad and should be available to people here who have no interest in watching the other dross.

Hopefully we’re heading towards an eventual “stream your team” model.

Effectively an option to have a TV season ticket for just one team.

It happens abroad and should be available to people here who have no interest in watching the other dross.

I’d quite like to see that to be honest, wouldn’t use it myself but think for older people and disadvantaged people who are house bound etc it would be great.

Long as it didn’t impact on match going fans I think superb but hard to pull off all in all.

I know what you mean - there’s a slight distortion to the picture.

I can’t think of why it makes the stream unwatchable for any reason though. Streams are a minute or so behind.. I can like with that in most circumstances, the minute makes no difference to me if I am watching Man Utd v Chelsea.
If it’s Rangers v Them and my phone is going mental but the ball is in a safe part of the pitch on the stream I’m watching then I know that something is about to happen in the match. The only impact is that I don’t read the messages coming through.

Back