Fixtures Showing on Amazon Prime

grandmaster_gaz

It's not just the delay. The quality is pants also
I dont have any issue with the quality.. the motion when the ball was in the air was totally fine when I watched the Champions League final on it.

but im not used to 4k etc I usually watch it on a 720p stream

scoobytwo

Tbf I’m really basing it on times I’ve watched Rangers on Sky Go, BT Sports app or RTV via VPN. Given its Rangers I need to know the score ASAP rather than up to a minute later.

Perhaps I wouldn’t have an issue with Amazon streaming as I’m a neutral, but fans of the PL teams may feel the same way I do with regards to paying to watch their team on delay.

There is but nothing like the delay on the online platforms. Maybe Amazon have a way they can reduce the latency. Time will tell.

Sounds like that's to do with your internet connection i'm afraid.

if you've never done it google "disconnect bell wire" its a hang over from old phones that needed power and interferes with the internet. i've done this in my last 2 houses and it had improved my internet. Although i now have fibre.

BT Sport 4k (and possible sport HD) are all via the internet even with a BT box. If the internet ever goes down you don't get the 4k channel (and maybe the HD channels but i can't remember).

The BT box is just a freeview box with a few online streaming channel added.

I'll be honest, i've never had a problem with any streaming from official channels. well maybe the sky but that's only because its not steamed in HD.

BobbyShearer

Hopefully we’re heading towards an eventual “stream your team” model.

Effectively an option to have a TV season ticket for just one team.

It happens abroad and should be available to people here who have no interest in watching the other dross.

Wazza

It happens abroad and should be available to people here who have no interest in watching the other dross.
I’d quite like to see that to be honest, wouldn’t use it myself but think for older people and disadvantaged people who are house bound etc it would be great.

Long as it didn’t impact on match going fans I think superb but hard to pull off all in all.

RabSpackman

It’s never quite the same though as watching matches shown by the convention sky and bt hd/4K channels. I have watched on a multitude of tvs and devices and you always tell us a match is streaming. It looks slightly different to the eye.
I know what you mean - there’s a slight distortion to the picture.

I can’t think of why it makes the stream unwatchable for any reason though. Streams are a minute or so behind.. I can like with that in most circumstances, the minute makes no difference to me if I am watching Man Utd v Chelsea.
If it’s Rangers v Them and my phone is going mental but the ball is in a safe part of the pitch on the stream I’m watching then I know that something is about to happen in the match. The only impact is that I don’t read the messages coming through.

RabSpackman

I’d pay to stream Rangers and a couple of other teams matches.

I had ElevenSport and the idea was reasonable - streaming of live football and provision of a lot of streamable content covering mostly Spanish and Italian football.

The issues with showing “live” matches in the same country and at the same time as there are active matches being played needs worked around.
Everyone knows it is a ridiculous rule - That I can watch a Rangers v Hearts match streamed from Ibrox at 3pm on a Saturday will never stop me from attending Motherwell v Aberdeen going on a few miles along the road at the same time. I wouldn’t be attending the Motherwell match in any case so the option to watch another teams match at the same time is irrelevant.

Orange

20 years from now, it will all be streaming in one way or the other. SKY is heading that way currently.
Was just about to say this. Sky have launched their dish-free service already in some European countries. Probably the only thing holding us back here is limited cable and FTTP internet in homes. Some built up places still don't even have FTTC yet, maxing out about 7mb.

Latest posts