Fixtures Showing on Amazon Prime

Hopefully we’re heading towards an eventual “stream your team” model.

Effectively an option to have a TV season ticket for just one team.

It happens abroad and should be available to people here who have no interest in watching the other dross.

I’d pay to stream Rangers and a couple of other teams matches.

I had ElevenSport and the idea was reasonable - streaming of live football and provision of a lot of streamable content covering mostly Spanish and Italian football.

The issues with showing “live” matches in the same country and at the same time as there are active matches being played needs worked around.
Everyone knows it is a ridiculous rule - That I can watch a Rangers v Hearts match streamed from Ibrox at 3pm on a Saturday will never stop me from attending Motherwell v Aberdeen going on a few miles along the road at the same time. I wouldn’t be attending the Motherwell match in any case so the option to watch another teams match at the same time is irrelevant.

20 years from now, it will all be streaming in one way or the other. SKY is heading that way currently.

Was just about to say this. Sky have launched their dish-free service already in some European countries. Probably the only thing holding us back here is limited cable and FTTP internet in homes. Some built up places still don't even have FTTC yet, maxing out about 7mb.

Back