Match Thread FK Shkupi v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday 17th - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
lbj0g87.png

4am start for me followed by a root canal a couple of hours later so don't you dare Rangers give me the worst day possible on Wednesday

We should be going over there to win the match it’s the Europa League 1st qualifying round of course show them respect but under no circumstances are they a better side than us 1 goal virtually kills the tie go out n attack get the goal then we can relax a little n play our normal game

We should be going over there to win the match it’s the Europa League 1st qualifying round of course show them respect but under no circumstances are they a better side than us 1 goal virtually kills the tie go out n attack get the goal then we can relax a little n play our normal game

We should be going all out for the first goal as there is no chance they are scoring 4 if we do

We should be going all out for the first goal as there is no chance they are scoring 4 if we do

That’s what I mean play to win the match I doubt they are capable of scoring 3 against us get the goal kill the game n it becomes a match we play on our terms we could also get minutes into Sadiq and Coulibaly if they are available if we finish the game off early

I
That’s what I mean play to win the match I doubt they are capable of scoring 3 against us get the goal kill the game n it becomes a match we play on our terms we could also get minutes into Sadiq and Coulibaly if they are available if we finish the game off early

Don't think those two can play this round.

Presumably most pubs on PRW will have this on? Only reason I ask is that I know most won't have Premier Sports on their subscription.

Hopefully get an early lead then the pressure off and can get settled into it.

2-0 win again for us

With Shkupi having to come out and attack it changes the whole match in comparison to the "everyone behind the ball" tactics used at Ibrox. I do feel with them coming at us a little more, the room behind them we will very much suit the players we have. I'm a little more comfortable with this game now we have a 2-0 lead to take there.

Nothing new to add really, hopefully get an early goal and kill any potential nerves before they materialise.

Arfield not travelling is a blow. Jack did alright when he came on last weeks as did Ejaria so would expect one of them to slot into the midfield.

Yeah, it's a pity Arfield's out. I don't view this as an easy game so we need to be at our best.

McGregor

Katic Goldson Flanagan

Tavernier Candeias McCrorie Jack John

Windass

Morelos​
Thats the team I would like to see us play but with Docherty replacing Candeias and maybe Ejaria instead of Windass. Tell Morelos to work his socks off for 60 mins and replace with Windass

Really looking forward to this and I think it will tell us much more about our team than last Thursday did.

I want to see a proper disciplined, away from home in Europe performance where we sit in, are organised, give nothing away defensively and punish them ruthlessly on the counter attack.

Apparently Skopje are selling tickets at a really low price to try and get a sellout crowd. The stadium holds just under 35,000.

30,000 odd Macedonian's making a racket will make for an intimidating atmosphere.

I want to see how our players handle it. I want to see McGregor and Goldson and Flanagan take charge and marshall the defence. I want to see how Katic does. I want to see McCrorie and Jack protecting the defence, I want to see the whole team show they can keep possession of the ball away from home in an intimidating atmosphere and I want to see our front 4 (Candeias, Murphy, Windass and Morelos) putting in a shift and putting them to the sword on the counter. I want to see much clinical finishing from our attackers. I'd love another clean sheet.

And I want to see how Gerrard sets us up. There will be more space for us to play in because the Macedonian's will have to come out now and try to score. Let's be smart, give them nothing and pick them off on the counter.

I think this will be a nervy night as we're still early in pre-season really. I'm looking forward to it but I'm not at the same time. Hopefully as others say we get a goal nice and early to settle the nerves and cancel out any doubts.

Strangely nervous about this to be honest.

Get a goal first half and kill it off.

Goals looking like a problem though based on Thursday's showing in the final third.

Quite nervous for this, probably because of last seasons shambles. Hopefully we get an early goal to kill the tie so I can relax.

Any idea if we'll have a presser later today?

Not the end of the world but a bit of a blow to lose Arfield after just one game .

We don't seem to carry much luck at times

We should do this all the same, narrow win for us or score draw at the worst.

With this mob needing at least two goals they'll have no option but to try and attack us rather than park the bus like last week. Hopefully that'll leave us more space to go at them this time.

Think we will score 1 or 2 tonight as it will be a more open game and hope the players have more luck with their finishing.
At least 1 goal from a counter attacking move would finish the tie off or from a set play.

Until we become more clinical in front of goal, we will toil against decent opposition.
I think we'll scrape through thanks to Tav's penalty.

Going by the first 2 games at Ibrox i think it will be a similar formation (4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1)

McGregor
Tav Katic Goldson Flanagan
McCrorie
Candeias Jack Murphy
Windass
Morelos

Possibility for 4-2-3-1 with this formation too as SG says his team will have a few formations to turn too during season.

Prediction 2-1 Gers

I believe we will qualify for the next round, but it will not be easy. Morelos and Windass in particular, have to start scoring on a more regular basis.

We need an early goal to take pressure off, especially with last year still so fresh in the mind.

I don't expect us not to go through, but I don't expect it to be easy, especially given the expected conditions.

A tough 2 nil win for us is what I think we will see, and I'd be happy with that.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

A goal as early as possible and an improvement in our overall play should see us qualify comfortably.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Gaffer knows they will have to push on and try to score,will have us tight for the first 15minutes,then as the game goes on we will score on the break,big game for young mccrorie,but the young fella has played well in that d.m.role,these guys aren’t mugs,but still fancy us to win,a hard fought 2-0 for us .

Good God gents what game were U all watching last week??
OK our finishing was rotten but we were all over them and should have destroyed them.
I'm going for 4-0 tomorrow nite.
As long as we keep keeping clean sheets all is Tickety Boo!!

Back