Match Thread FK Shkupi v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday 17th - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

I thought although we were in control and looked fairly solid we were poor up front, wasteful in possesion and our passing was especially sloppy.

We need more quality up front to give Morelos a boot up the back side.

Gerrard needs to sign QUALITY. Not just numbers.
If not its going to be a long, frustrating season for Rangers.
We need to go out and get a real quality starter or two. Loanees from Angers and Liverpool ain’t gonna win 55 or get EL qualification. They’re just inflating the squad.

Job done, only two game in Not going to panic yet! Few more faces to come in i hope? Defensively much better than last year!

Once again...

Our biggest weakness last season was at the back. With McGregor, Katic, Flanagan and in particular Goldson we look far more solid.

At this stage, I’ll take it.

Early days,did enough to get through to the next round.
Defence an improvement on last year,but was hoping for more aggression middle of defence.
Looking for the midfielder that’s gonna control games for us.
Morelos has to up his game,his next goal will be so important for him and for us.
Trust me not hunting here,just want so much for us to do well this season.
If the gaffer wants more,why shouldn’t we?

Sloppy is the word I would use. Still early, we are still in pre-season with more players to come in and integrate and some players out injured. Painfully obvious we need better quality up top though.

Still too many of last years duffers starting. Hopefully we can get replacements for Windass Tavernier, Jack and Candeias asap! They are all fine as subs, but not to start every week as first picks.
How much money would that cost? Candeias was player of the year, he is now playing out of position, Tav is as good a right back as any in the league and Windass is one of those players that polarise people, without him last year we would have finished lower in the table.
We need to be realistic those that you want rid of are probably our best players.
Let’s see how the first 4 league games go, I think there will be 2 or 3 more players in and the shape will change too.

Put it this way we are better than we were this time last year.

Still too many of last years duffers starting. Hopefully we can get replacements for Windass Tavernier, Jack and Candeias asap! They are all fine as subs, but not to start every week as first picks.

I just checked my account to cancel the Premier Sports DD and it’s not showing as a DD. Anybody else get the same? I don’t know if it just takes time to show up or they have changed how the transactions work to make it more difficult to cancel?

Back