Flag Bearer

Absolutely tremendous mate ..I'm sure you both will love it..
WATP
Get a cam attached to your head and vid it all:D

Done it v hibs. Back in august ... got asked to go behind the goals in copland road end ..... bit breezy that day and found it hard going in the wind but was a great experience

Done the Hivs game in August also. Great day and noise is unbelievable before the game from the centre circle!

Enjoy it, the Kingdom True Blues arranged it for my Grandas 80th. Here he is leading them out with the white flag against Alloa in 2016 ("You can't give an Englishman the saltire on St Georges day")
14068317_10153613021816784_5671226088445826837_n.jpg

Can you do me a favour. Gonna make sure you all spread out evenly when in the centre circle. It drives my OCD wild when your all uneven when looking down from the club deck. Isn't rocket science :D

My boy done it when Liverpooll came to Ibrox and got in the dressing Rangers dressing room as McCoist knows him. Torres took a selfie with him too.

When we had just won our 54th title I was one of the small flag bearers along with 53 others. Was a great day other than the fact I was about 10 years older and 2 feet taller than the 53 kids who were with me! A tad embarrassing much to my dad’s delight who organised it but an enjoyable day nonetheless. I just hope you’re waving that flag after 4 or 5 of our goals!

Have a great night. Congratulations as it’s quite an honor. You cannot take too many pictures of your laddie. Post a couple on this thread mate.
WATP

Done it v Aberdeen last game with my son. One of my best experiences going to a game. Tell the Wee man to wear a pair of gloves. Just before the match kicked off as we were walking pitchside there was an almight roar from the crowd. What a feeling.

Fantastic mate - good luck to you and your lad.
Enjoy every moment of it.

I think it would be surreal, standing on the pitch as the players come out for a game v the sheep at Ibrox - a totally unbelievable feeling.

Send us a wee report of events once you get a minute mate.
Memories in the making!

Did it back in 2011 for a Dundee Utd game. It was the day that Dynamo was in the stadium. Got some pics with him and with a few of the players. Was a good day.

For the guys who done it, did you get any opportunities to take some pictures?

I done it for the Hamilton game - there is a lot of waiting about before you take the flags out so you can get some good pics then.

When you are on the pitch with the flag it is quite difficult to take some pics and hold the flag as its quite heavy but I got a few.

You then go to the technical area as the teams come out - I managed to get quite a few photos and videos - that was the day Ricksen visited us and we were within a few feet of him.

If you drop Willie Vass a message on twitter - he will look out for you specifically and take your photo.

I done it for the Hamilton game - there is a lot of waiting about before you take the flags out so you can get some good pics then.

When you are on the pitch with the flag it is quite difficult to take some pics and hold the flag as its quite heavy but I got a few.

You then go to the technical area as the teams come out - I managed to get quite a few photos and videos - that was the day Ricksen visited us and we were within a few feet of him.

If you drop Willie Vass a message on twitter - he will look out for you specifically and take your photo.

Brilliant, hopefully I manage to get some snaps or videos like yourself, I already had it in my head that it could be difficult to do while at the centre circle and holding the flag up, especially tonight as its still to be quite blustery but I will try my best...times like this you need a go pro :(

I did it a couple of seasons ago. Definitely not a lot of scope for taking pics when your are around the centre circle. As said, the flags are heavy even when you are 6"2 and go to the gym:cool: I got some decent photos from the guard of honour when the players run out. Make sure you try and get the Union flag;)

Done it v hibs. Back in august ... got asked to go behind the goals in copland road end ..... bit breezy that day and found it hard going in the wind but was a great experience

I'm doing it with my niece and nephew later this season. I thought flag bearers were now just at the centre circle pre-match, pitch side when the teams came out then off back to their seats after that, is that the case?

It's not something I generally pay attention to but I will be paying a lot more attention tonight. :)

Hope it's a memorable and enjoyable night and a win for The Rangers.

How can this be done? How do you apply? And how much is it?

Here's a link mate, just a case of passing on your details and keep your fingers crossed

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/Ibrox-flag-bearer/

I'm doing it with my niece and nephew later this season. I thought flag bearers were now just at the centre circle pre-match, pitch side when the teams came out then off back to their seats after that, is that the case?

It's not something I generally pay attention to but I will be paying a lot more attention tonight. :)

Yeah as far as I can see its out at the centre circle then standing next tot the technical areas as the players come out, not sure if there is anything else, will find out tonight ;)

Jim Hannah arranged for me and my nephew to do it at the 2nd Chelsea friendly, went past in a flash and was amazing experience. I got to lead out he Chelsea Pensioners and team and JT and FL both thanked me for doing it which was a nice wee touch.

Willie Vass got some amazing pictures on the day and gave me permission to use them on my facebook and so on.

Day that will always be in my memory.

Well the wee man totally loved his experience last, couldn't keep the smile off his face and to top it off we stuffed the sheep yet again....few snaps below, still to get a few email over that were took by one of the flag bearer co-ordinators, got some took with Ross McCrorie and MOH

20180124_190906_zpsivem3daa.jpg

20180124_190906_zpsivem3daa.jpg
20180124_191044_zps163atksr.jpg

20180124_193146_zpsflkipp0v.jpg

20180124_193649_zpsvhvb49xe.jpg

20180124_194333_zpssrageoqs.jpg

20180124_201825_zpsa2t7lovm.jpg

The wee man looks chuffed to bits mate. One quick question though, did you have as big a cheeser as your son ;)

I was chuffed too to have the opportunity but I was more happy for him, he's truly Rangers daft and is already a bigger fan than me, only got my season ticket a few years ago, unlike him who's had his since he was 7 (only 9 now) ;)

I done it but asked Willie Vass to take some pictures if he had some time and I got some brilliant photos from him

I done it but asked Willie Vass to take some pictures if he had some time and I got some brilliant photos from him

How did you get in touch with Willie? I noticed the pictures on his website from last nights game and tried contacting him through that to hopefully get some of the pics shown

How did you get in touch with Willie? I noticed the pictures on his website from last nights game and tried contacting him through that to hopefully get some of the pics shown

That should work. If you purchase a pic he will remove the watermark.

Glad you and the wee man enjoyed the experience. You’ll both never forget it.

I’ve been on the pitch twice, boy was a mascot, Macabbi Haifa, and me as a soldier. The one thing that will stick with me was the noise. Which now makes me realise what it must be like as a player, especially if the crowd is on their back.

Great experience for the wee man especially being so close to the action.

Can tell form the pictures he was loving it.

Back