Flanagan appeal upheld. Free to face Kilmarnock

madlennon.gif
https://giphy.com/gifs/3oEjHAUOqG3lSS0f1C/html5

So the big question is ........

Why banned in the first place if the process was to overrule the referees decision ?

Trial by Sportscene again, making an issue of something and completely ignoring Simunovic.

If you watch the full incident, you see Flanagan keeping his eye on Brown and pushing him, Brown moves quickly, Flanagan moves his arm up to block him. Brown goes over holding his face.

The camera angle shown on Sky and Sportscene is from behind Brown and therefore makes it look worse than it is. Like the Morelos incident in March, Brown wasn't touched in the face and has tried to con the ref.

I’m happy with the decision purely because it will enrage timothy in a week when the average mentally challenged has been in a perma-rage.
On a serious note, it once again shows that the people who run the game in Scotland are simply not fit for purpose.

Both incidents could have been red for me, but because of trial by sportscene we end up in the doc again.
Then the compliant officer gets her arse handed to her after trying to corrupt the result.

If Flanagan gets done, then so does simunovic.

End of conversation.

“Corruption” doesn’t even cover it.

None of that happens, this is what happens, Rangers beat the diddlers, Sportcene decide what punishment is applicable for said crime, claire agrees, bingo, ban for Rangers player.

Rangers produce evidence that one of their players did the same or worse, but they can't have him missing the cup final, so grudgingly recind Rangers ban but will get them next time.

In a nutshell. Couldn’t have said it better myself mate.

Clearly the lawyers have been on the case with this one. The whole system is rigged and needs taken down. Shambolic.

Both incidents could have been red for me, but because of trial by sportscene we end up in the doc again.
Then the compliant officer gets her arse handed to her after trying to corrupt the result.

End of conversation.

This is it. I personally think Flanagan should have seen red but you can’t do that and not do their guy as well, I’m pretty sure our lawyers pointed out their breathtaking hypocrisy and after that there could only be 1 outcome

End of conversation.

Unfortunately, you are correct, it's a terrible system that if a tv director decides to highlight an incident, that is what gets picked through.
No one cares what happens in an Aberdeen v hearts game,
We are the main event. We are the main viewing audience,
We are the people.

Surely brown must get cited for assaulting the grass in the last 2 games against us.the green party should be all over this.

This is nothing more than a sop to Rangers. It is simply to stop us demanding an investigation, clarity and transparincy in the dealings of the complient officer. This is simply to shut us up! The Club still needs to pursue this or it will happen angain and again.

First caller on RC phone-in "John from Coatbridge" states that it proves the SFA is corrupt and biased towards Rangers, immediately told to watch his comments. Keevins started the programme by claiming that the atmosphere has became "febrile" since Rangers return to the top flight, so it's all OUR fault!

it wasn't an elbow
it wasn't in the reptiles face
it wasn't excessive force

no case to answer
finally a correct decision (although actually referring it is a nonsense)

I think you jest. That was a red as was Dimunovicj on Defoe. The fact it was s blatant red makes it all the better.

Exactly the same verdict for the same offence as the Killie keeper on Kamara.

Trying to remember the outrage when he got downgraded to yellow.

Maybe there wasn't any.

First caller on RC phone-in "John from Coatbridge" states that it proves the SFA is corrupt and biased towards Rangers, immediately told to watch his comments. Keevins started the programme by claiming that the atmosphere has became "febrile" since Rangers return to the top flight, so it's all OUR fault!
No way, what a thing to say, those poor celts now that the Gers are here. Unbelievable that this bitter git gets the platform that he does without being challenged.

Agreed. It’s utterly shambolic.

Flanagan does elbow Brown, so if retrospective punishment via video evidence is allowed, we have to agree that the decision to ban him is actually the correct one.

That was never the grievance for me, it was the inconsistency that ignored the similar offence by Simunovic.

That they’ve since decided they got the Flanagan decision wrong actually makes them look even more indecisive and clueless.

Time to scrap this charade.
Since when was your forearm your elbow?

This is great, is it not the case that Flannagan previously this season didn't play matches on plastic pitches? Will be hilarious if he is rested.

She is biased as f and should be removed.Get somebody from outwith Scotland that has no connection with anything up here.

Back