Flanagan at left back. Enough is enough

i honestly thought Flanagan was signed as cover, its worrying that hes first choice at left back, he unbalances the team too, how can you play with attacking full backs when hes reluctant to get forward.

Why isn't Wallace in contention anymore? He's a much better left back than Flanagan and Halliday.
I've been saying the same. I don't think he's in the euro squad but i'd play him on Sunday

i honestly thought Flanagan was signed as cover, its worrying that hes first choice at left back, he unbalances the team too, how can you play with attacking full backs when hes reluctant to get forward.

He's not first choice and you know he's not. Barisic, our first choice left back, is currently injured.

Never a LB. His tackle with his right foot in the first half on the touchline instead of his left would have been comical if he hadn't thereby given away a foul and put us under pressure - again.

He's not first choice and you know he's not. Barisic, our first choice left back, is currently injured.

Barisic is yeah, but im talking at the moment. Halliday is a better choice and even Wallace whos been frozen out would be better. when it comes to big games just now he's playing Flanagan so that makes him his current first choice

That moment when the right winger just ran past him as if he was standing still while he watched him and then they scored from it just summed up why we need to sort this position out now!

You cant even blame the 3rd goal on a player out of position. He should have cleared his fucking lines not try pass his way out trouble

Barisic is yeah, but im talking at the moment. Halliday is a better choice and even Wallace whos been frozen out would be better. when it comes to big games just now he's playing Flanagan so that makes him his current first choice

In theory Flanagan should be more solid defensively and at the start of the game I thought it made sense. He should've been dragged off for Halliday in the first half right enough. He was woeful all night.

Agree, some harsh comments on this thread for a guy playing out of position, but i don't want to see him at LB again.

Halliday should have been playing - Gerrard sees something in Flanagan that nobody else can. Gerrard even happy to keep Flanagan on when he's costing us goals.
It’s his mate....can’t be anything else , his form is awful

Flanagan is great for the 50/50s. Facing his own goal or chasing back he is very poor and offers very little going forward. Looking forward to Barisic getting fit and a run in the team.

Maybe reading your post the wrong way but Declan John was a fine player for us. He was a far better player than Flanagan.

Flanagan couldn't lace John's boots. How this guy played for Liverpool is beyond me, he's rotten.

Maybe reading your post the wrong way but Declan John was a fine player for us. He was a far better player than Flanagan.

This is what I mean, we sold John for relative buttons and we are in the position where Andy Halliday needs to play left back for us.

Agree. Flanagan isn’t a left back. Feel sorry for him because he is getting played out of position. Halliday at left back on Sunday please.

Playing out of position is no excuse for lack of pace and game awareness.
Warning signs were there as far back as Shkupi when he was getting left for dead.

In early games (Aberdeen for example) he was strong in the tackle and looked like the kind of player we had been missing.

Since then it has become clearer and clearer that he is woeful on the ball and fairly clueless of it.

If we want a left back that will kick a winger in the air then he is the man. If we want more than that then he can’t play.

Halliday is a better left back. And he is SPL standard in that position.

Complete waste of a jersey no clue at all about playing left back, Katic is a bomb scare. A shambles of a performance ,no doubt we I’ll have Tav on .apologising again, Sick to the teeth of hearing it. Thought we were like a pub team tonight.

I think Katic played well considering he was playing two positions. Maldini would have looked a bomb scare covering Flanagans mistakes as well as trying to do his own job. If Katic was a bomb scare then was Goldson a nuclear weapon?

He was solid at first. Against a better class of opposition he's hopeless. He's backup in the SPL only. I don't want to see in him in Europe again, or against Them.

Agree. Flanagan isn’t a left back. Feel sorry for him because he is getting played out of position. Halliday at left back on Sunday please.
I thought we were finished with the "square peg in round hole" approach! but FFS!! a left sided player at left back should be a no-brainer even for a new manager. Gerrard did the guy no favours tonight or for that matter the team. The ball inside him for the second Russian goal was absolutely one of the worst pieces of defending I have ever witnessed from a professional footballer and I'm 56!!!

Until Halliday has a poor game... then there will calls for Flanagan, who whilst having 4 shite games on the trot, has had some good games for us at LB.

Goldson hasn't been too clever as of late either.

Why isn't Wallace in contention anymore? He's a much better left back than Flanagan and Halliday.

He was a very good attacking full back in the lower leagues. In the SPL he found it much more difficult to power past opponents. He cannot, he just cannot tackle.

Barisic certainly doesn’t have to worry about fighting for his place back in starting 11 following that performance.

Did you miss the whole debacle with Murty?

Nope. Since that happened Gerrard has publicly said that Wallace's issue with the club is separate from him being available to play. Gerrard backed him by including him in match squads and bringing him on in the league as well.

Really? Wallace?

Did you watch Flanagan tonight, or in any other game for that matter?

He was a very good attacking full back in the lower leagues. In the SPL he found it much more difficult to power past opponents. He cannot, he just cannot tackle.

As above...did you see Flanagan tonight?

He is cover for Barasic who’s injured ...

After tonight enough is enough for me,never a left back and i seriously doubt he's even a player.

Nowhere near the level expected and at fault with three of the goals,tonight he was found out.

It's a bad day when i state that Andy Halliday would have done a better job in there.

There's many others who were giving a showing up against an average team but Flanagan was by far the worst.

IMO Worral has been playing left side centre back recently and cutting out a lot of the balls inside Flanagan that Spartak seemed to play tonight. Katic was maybe pulled out of position to allow this ball inside. Felt a bit sorry for the boy tonight as to me this was a funny game to bring him back in, as was the game on the artificial surface (can't remember opponents).

Back