Flanagan Undergoing Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it has nothing to do with you the reason why she has or has not decided to forgive him. Now to win arguments, it's because he has money she forgave him. NONE OF YOU has any idea why it happened, exactly what happened, why she was not going to report it, why she forgave him or any other private details of his relationship.

This is not www.FollowFollowJeremyKyle.com here.
I genuinely do not think it's the assault that some of you are bitching over, something else wrong here. What is it? Were you hoping for a higher class of player? His name not fit? Perhaps too ugly for you?

I hope you and your families are all squeaky clean! Haha
Your second sentence sums it up perfectly.

McAllister said that Flanagan can not only play on both sides of a back-4, but also as a left-sided CH of a back three. That would be nice, not least at home against the likes of Killie or Motherwell, where we should flood the midfield with attack-minded folk and but ONE defensive midfielder: pick one from Rossiter, Jack, or McCrorie - who are all fit now.
You make a good point, I think Gerrard will be far more flexible in his line up .

This player may well have been brought in to allow him the room to do so.

McAllister said that Flanagan can not only play on both sides of a back-4, but also as a left-sided CH of a back three. That would be nice, not least at home against the likes of Killie or Motherwell, where we should flood the midfield with attack-minded folk and but ONE defensive midfielder: pick one from Rossiter, Jack, or McCrorie - who are all fit now.

Rossiter played further forward, more of a central mid, at Easter Rd and looked very comfortable.

Goss was the DM that day.

Will be interesting to see where Gerrard plays him.

I agree with everything you say until your last wee paragraph.
Another Masterstroke? What was his first?

We need to stop hyperbole like this also. We haven’t played a game yet, we desperately want him to succeed no doubt about it.
However until we start playing games and winning regularly it is ridiculous to talk about master strokes.

As for Flannagan, those repeatedly moaning and groaning about it, what are you going to do about it?

Come on every thread greetin and moaning about us signing him or are you taking the moral stand and decided to stop going.
If the latter fine. If you aren’t doing that then we all know you don’t like this signing but do you repeatedly have to keep coming on the thread (Hemdani etc) to tell us over and over and over and over again.
I was staying off it till some of the outrageous posts this morning basically saying its fine, he didn’t batter her THAT much. Wild. Finished now. :)

The posters playing down what he did are probably the same people who have a go at Collymore, despite Gazza also being guilty of the same.

Fucking hypocrisy in abounds.

Just to add, from a a personal viewpoint he should be given a second chance. It's just a pity it's with us and not elsewhere as it's going to be a millstone around his neck, especially with the agenda driven media up here.

Had a laugh at you telling people to stop greeting and moaning. I've been on here 15 years mate and all you've ever done is greet and moan :D

Well now it’s my turn to tell you lot to stop crying like little bitches:)

Also in case you hadn’t noticed there has been a lot to greet and moan about in the last 5 years. I dont see us signing this guy as any reason.
Whether against or for we have to get by the managers decisions just now.
We will only know if it has worked once we start playing and winning games.

I really don't get this signing at all. Played just over 50 games in 8 years, several injuries including a couple of serious knee injuries and then there's the bad PR that comes with it because of his off-field stuff. You can't honestly tell me we can't use our scouting network to find full back cover for a relatively low cost without any of the risks that Flanagan comes with?

Let’s hope the lad has a point to prove on both a personal level and professional level too.

It looks likes he’s signing so let’s see how he performs on the pitch for our club. That’s what matters most and stopping the Scum has to be our priority.

The guy has made a huge mistake. We all have. Some bigger and more serious than others.

Let’s judge him on the park and hopefully he has the desire and winning mentality and helps the team improve and help us challenge the Beggars.

We need a strong squad with versatile players who can fill in as required.

Stopping the Tims is the goal. Let’s stay focused on that objective.

Are you a relation to the girl involved mate? You seem to be taking it a bit personal having read through some of your comments towards the boy.

I'm in no way condoning what he done as hitting a female in my opinion is disgusting. However I'm sure that the boy deserves a chance to rebuild his career and his image. Maybe not ideal that we are the club testing the water but it is what it is. The gaffer thinks the player can improve our squad and he must also believe he has put his past behind him. So I guess we have no choice but to support what the gaffer is doing and hope that there is no extra baggage with the boy while he is wearing the Rangers badge.

I've written nothing others condemning him haven't either written or suggested so, I guess they all must be relatives aswell of the lassie. I'm not actually related to her and find it strange you find what I've written means "I'm taking it personally" !

Others that don't want him are on the same page as myself going by their posts.

Well now it’s my turn to tell you lot to stop crying like little bitches:)

Also in case you hadn’t noticed there has been a lot to greet and moan about in the last 5 years. I dont see us signing this guy as any reason.
Whether against or for we have to get by the managers decisions just now.
We will only know if it has worked once we start playing and winning games.

When Urqhy is the voice of reason its a sign that things may be on the up:p

I really don't get this signing at all. Played just over 50 games in 8 years, several injuries including a couple of serious knee injuries and then there's the bad PR that comes with it because of his off-field stuff. You can't honestly tell me we can't use our scouting network to find full back cover for a relatively low cost without any of the risks that Flanagan comes with?
The manager probably sees it as a low risk gamble. There’s no fee involved and there’s a chance he won’t be on wages that are too high due to his past injuries and off park mess.
Gerrard and McAllister probably remember how good he is capable of playing and think that with a decent injury free run he can get back to that.
McAllister also mentioned how thorough the medical was so if we sign him then that should hopefully mean we are confident he is 100% fit.

55 games in 8 years?

There's a reason that teams aren't falling over themselves to snap him up. Just saying...

He’s a very good player and if he can play to the standard he did when at Liverpool it’ll be a great signing everybody deserves a second chance and he’s getting it here hope he takes it

shame, I wanted him to fail it.
If he inproves the team then why want him to fail.before you come out with he hit his girlfriend i agree with you .what he did was disgusting .but the manager thinks he can improve the team so we,ll just have to accept it.

The posters playing down what he did are probably the same people who have a go at Collymore, despite Gazza also being guilty of the same.

Fucking hypocrisy in abounds.

Just to add, from a a personal viewpoint he should be given a second chance. It's just a pity it's with us and not elsewhere as it's going to be a millstone around his neck, especially with the agenda driven media up here.
The ‘Collymore is a wife-beater’ posts will surely stop now we’ve signed one of our own.:rolleyes:

If he inproves the team then why want him to fail.before you come out with he hit his girlfriend i agree with you .what he did was disgusting .but the manager thinks he can improve the team so we,ll just have to accept it.

If he wasn't a good enough player for Liverpool and not good enough for any loan club he has been with and they didn't want him on a more permanent basis then why he is good enough for us?

this for me is the new managers first mistake..sadly!

If he wasn't a good enough player for Liverpool and not good enough for any loan club he has been with and they didn't want him on a more permanent basis then why he is good enough for us?

this for me is the new managers first mistake..sadly!

How do you know no-one else wanted him?

The ‘Collymore is a wife-beater’ posts will surely stop now we’ve signed one of our own.:rolleyes:

We should never have been using it anyway given what Gazza did.

There's plenty to attack Collymore with, without casting ourselves as hypocrites.

Reactions: cav
So, has he actually signed? I heard he was joining up with the team in Spain but I thought that was for further assessment.

Putting aside the baggage he brings, it looks like the manager simply knows him well and feels he can do a job for us.

I have my reservations, but if the player responds to the opportunity he’s been given few of us will complain.

Show me one media report where another team has expressed interest in him.

Just because theres no media articles kicking about which show interest from other teams doesn't mean we were the only team interested.

He's cover for Tav and John, and also a kick up the arse for both because hes a young guy with a point to prove.

If the manager endorses his signing its good enough for me on this one.

Folk on here complaining about Flanagan need to sit down and have a little think to themselves and ask this question....Flanagan or hodson?
I rest my case

The manager probably sees it as a low risk gamble. There’s no fee involved and there’s a chance he won’t be on wages that are too high due to his past injuries and off park mess.
Gerrard and McAllister probably remember how good he is capable of playing and think that with a decent injury free run he can get back to that.
McAllister also mentioned how thorough the medical was so if we sign him then that should hopefully mean we are confident he is 100% fit.
Fair enough doing a thorough medical with him but it's completely different to when you're actually out there playing. We done the exact same with Rossiter. It's a PR own goal and all the worse because it's for somebody who can't play more than 10 games a season.

What is the agenda? I don’t want a woman beater who’s now going to taint our name by association. If he wants to hit his girlfriend and continue his career in football then crack on, but do it elsewhere. Not wanting a character like that playing for us is hardly having an agenda FFS.

We get that you don't want him at Ibrox.

However,it looks very likely that he is going to sign. The question is, what form is your non support of the guy going to take?

A 25 year old footballer isn’t leaving a club like Liverpool to come to Scotland on a permanent deal unless he’s short of offers down south.
Goldson wasnt short of offers but admitted Gerrard was a big attraction..............

Although you’re right on that particular point Collymore has been an absolute cocksocket for a lengthy period of his pathetic life mate.I’m not for a minute saying hitting women is in any shape or form acceptable btw,but one is guilty of the terrible crime once for which he at least showed remorse-Collymore is a different animal altogether is the point i’ Badly trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back