Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

So ive sussed this shit out i think.

There are 2 options: use the qr code from nhs scotland app which you can check is valid on this site: https://spth.gob.es/spain-validator OR you can fill out the form and get a qr code from the spanish people.

Either way is acceptable from what i understand

Added:
You can download tge spth app and vslidate and save your qr codes in there and add them to your apple wallet.

This is not clear or straightforward hence the confusion!

Last edited:
I’m filling in my BA passenger info for flight to Faro. It is asking me to upload my covid recovery certificate . This is on my nhs app on my phone. Can any kind bear tell me how I do this. How do I get it to a file on my laptop?

So after a day of my mate panicing i’ve spent a bit of time figuring this shit out.

Option1
If you have tge covid nhs scotland app and are vaccinated in last 270 days or boosted Or had covid in last 6 months, you can use the nhs scotland app to get your qr code. In the app there is a section that is for international travel. In tgere chose the status against your booster or recovery statid to get to your qr code.

OR
Option2
if you dont hsve the above you can fill out the form and add your pcr test or you can fill out the form and provide the info that you are vaccinated/boosted or in recovery this will then generate you a qr code same as option above. I didnt do this step so others may be able to elaborate on this process.

Next
Download the spth app and click the arrow right a few times to get to the bit you select if you have an eu or equivalent covid cerificate (option 1 above) or if you dont (option 2). Add either options qr code by going in the +dcc/form option, you can do this for multiple travellers and it will tell you if the code is valid. Once completed go back to previous screen and go into my trips and you can see your valid certificate which you can save to apple wallet if you wish…..job done!

Oversight by me - didn't get a booster. Just assumed I would be fine given the date on NHS app saying QR Valid til Nov '22.

2nd Jab April '21.

Spains Health form rejected it as it's expired.

Anyone else been in a similar boat? Is it ok? I fly tomorrow - worth the risk? Or am I going to end up on Banged-Brits Abroad?
Had a you had covid within the last 6 months??

If vaccinated use the Spanish SPTH
1 minute job upload the vaccine data QR code and you will get the EU QR pass easy

Why would you not just use the app we already have?
The Spanish look for the EU QR pass
I am in Tenerife landed today and walked through soon as I got off the plane, sent to different exit with the EU QR pass, no queuing up to show our NHS stuff saved 40 minutes.
Sorry to upset you just thought if any bears wanted an easy way out, this is the way took 1 minute to upload to apple wallet

Last edited:
Update boys (in case it helps): I had my booster but it didn't appear on my NHS App. Naturally I was preparing for a grilling at Malaga

FYI mask on the flight but not in airport

Land at Malaga. Sailed through passport Control

Round corner they were scanning Apps and asked me name and flight but didn't cross reference with passport etc

They then scanned my QR code from my vaccine in April '21. Green light ... on your way

She called me back and said one last thing .... I said wah ... and she whispered softly ..... "John Lundstram is the best on earth ..."

I may have spiced the last bit hopefully put some minds at ease - assuming it remains that easy!

you only need the sp locator app if your not fully vaccinated
Poster above says your experience at the airport may be a bit better with the SPTH app as it give you an eu digital covid certificate.

im not sure what the difference is.

I'm all set with my covid recovery cert and SpTH form. But I had already paid for PCRs today before I realised about the recovery thing.

Had it today. Paid for results by midnight.

Here we are 2 minutes to midnight and no results :rolleyes: I mean I don't actually need the result but I done it just as a back up in the event they took us aside on arrival to do a lft which they can do as per their guidance.

Bit of a pain as I set off tomorrow and wanted to get it all printed off to avoid fucking about with emails and apps.

Pain in the hole

Not long through Alicante airport, nobody in group got their vaccine passport checked. They have a check area set up after passport control, but the guy working told us "it's just random, keep walking through". Never saw anyone from the flight getting pulled for a check.

Anyone been through Lisbon? Member of group vaccine passport out by 2 days, therefore wondering if this is going to be an issue?

Following as flying to Lisbon tomorrow. I’m sure there are no checks if fully vaccinated but apparently we have to wear masks on the flight according to EasyJet…

Had a 9am online premium appointment that I had booked a few weeks back.

All good, in and out in no time. But there was queue out the door in the rain with folk who were obviously turning up with no appointment trying to get sorted.

Considering my appointment was '30 mins' and it took all of 5 mins, I'd suggest that that some people with no appointment will be getting seen. There would be no queue otherwise.

Don't want to get people's hopes up but I've seen a few posts in the last few weeks that suggests this info might be useful.

For those that are desperate might be worth heading up there today to see if you can make something happen.

He should have been there last night with a tent.
I did wonder how long folk had been there. I got there at 8.50 and there must have been a queue of 25-30 already. I nearly went to the back of it but then thought nah this can't all be appointments.

Walked to the front and the woman ticked me off the appointment list and straight in.

Again, don't want to get anyone's hopes up but if you go up there and ask what the crack is you might get sorted if you have your old passport and any other credentials - and are willing to potentially stand in the rain for hours.

My brother went last Wednesday and waited in such a que.

Unless you can prove you need to be abroad for a family bereavement and have flights booked etc then your getting turned away.

Other mate went in on the Tuesday and was also turned away.

Just a wee update I sailed through Malaga airport flying with easy jet from Bristol. Used the locator form and if anything it fast tracked me was off plane and in a taxi in 10 minutes.

Make sure you do the locator if you are not fully vaccinated it’s a doddle.

Also if you are fully vaxed I’d say it would be beneficial as it defo works like a fast track

now time to get pished

Following as flying to Lisbon tomorrow. I’m sure there are no checks if fully vaccinated but apparently we have to wear masks on the flight according to EasyJet…
Anyone been through Lisbon? Member of group vaccine passport out by 2 days, therefore wondering if this is going to be an issue?
I'm flying to Lisbon tomorrow morning..or at least I will be if the results of my PCR test come through by 10pm as advertised

Maybe a stupid question but how can i save my nhs qr code from the app to then select it from my files on mobile for the upload to spTh app?

Just a wee update I sailed through Malaga airport flying with easy jet from Bristol. Used the locator form and if anything it fast tracked me was off plane and in a taxi in 10 minutes.

Also if you are fully vaxed I’d say it would be beneficial as it defo works like a fast track

now time to get pished

Is the locator form the spth one that you get a qr code with?

Anyone going to malaga airport DO NOT Worry if u don't have covid passport I have 1 jag and only done a pcr test and filled in the spth Spanish form and said I had done test and got the qr code and that was fine scanned and on my way. I was worried the whole time going stressed to %^*& about it and in the end it was a breeze tbh so don't panic WATP

now time to get pished
Briliant - enjoy man.

You can also just download the app and pretend you’ve had a booster and it gives you a QR code they scan it at other end don’t ask for a single thing.

So they pretty much just scan the qr that gets generated and don’t ask for further evidence? I put a recovery form as my documentation so hopefully just need to flash them the form if it flags up

So they pretty much just scan the qr that gets generated and don’t ask for further evidence? I put a recovery form as my documentation so hopefully just need to flash them the form if it flags up
That’s what happened with me literally just scanned my code that the app generated and said on you go.

Yes mate all sorted now, could not change on the app or start again, so went on the website and it let me fill it out again on there.

I CAN CONFIRM I NOW HAVE A QR CODE, ON COMPLETION OF FORM IT SAYS ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS BRING SpTH QR CODE AND COPY OF PCR TEST CERTIFICATE THEN FOLLOW BLUE SIGNS WHEN YOU ARRIVE.

Also I’ll add for anyone else as daft as me, FOR PCR TESTS SELECT NAAT TEST WHEN FILLING OUT FORM!
Done the same as you now can't get it edited hahaha

Back