Flight over the scumdome today at 3pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers supporters club laugh off claims they have hired plane to fly over EMPTY Celtic Park in banner stunt​

ORGANISERS of a Rangers supporters club have been laughing off social media claims they have hired an aeroplane to fly over Celtic Park today with a banner reading "Can you see us now?"
The Larkhall Loyal Rangers Supporters Club were the fans' grouping at the centre of the claims.

There will only be Celtic players, media and diretors in attendance at Celtic Park today
A Facebook post this week claimed they "have hired a plane from Newcastle Sat morning leaving Strathaven airfield going over Parkhead at 3pm".
She added that the banner reads "Can u see us now scum 55".
No fans, of course, will be in attendance at today's Celtic versus Aberdeen Premiership encounter - just the players and directors of both teams.
But two different images appeared on social media which appeared to back up that theory.
The facebook post which sparked the story
The facebook post which sparked the story
Another picture during the rounds
Another picture during the rounds
Such hoaxes aren't exactly unknown between Old Firm fans - particular as the title is about to be handed over.
Posts by the admin on the Larkhall Loyal Facebook page, however, distanced themselves from the claim, leaving open the possibility that the whole thing is all an elaborate internet wind-up.

One of their posts in the wake of the Europa League win over Royal Antwerp read: "Great result tonight and some crazy stories going around ✈️"
When asked by one poster, "So it's not true?", they reponded: "no mate its'a submarine we have."

Would rather keep our celebrations about us and our achievements.

Some suggestions about turning Glasgow red white and blue sound good to me. Banners everywhere congratulating Rangers, no reference to the filth at all, keep them out it. It is about Rangers.
Our players and manager should act with class and supreme indifference. We as fans should rub their piggy little snouts in it for years and years and years. It’s been the ultimate Timplosion. Beyond wildest expectations.

Would rather not involve them in any of our celebrations.
giphy.gif

Some suggestions about turning Glasgow red white and blue sound good to me. Banners everywhere congratulating Rangers, no reference to the filth at all, keep them out it. It is about Rangers.
Spot on, getting dragged into a slagging match with idiots is their thing. Pointing out Rangers and what we have done is a better route to go and will get under their skin more.

Electronic advertising boards on expressway etc with pics of the players holding the trophy would brighten my journeys into the town every day

It’s good to wind them up but I don’t think anyone is daft enough to believe any pilot would do this , that any supporters club could afford to hire a jet or that the aviation authority would allow it , so for those three reasons people can easily engage their brains and realise we are pulling their legs

It’s good to wind them up but I don’t think anyone is daft enough to believe any pilot would do this , that any supporters club could afford to hire a jet or that the aviation authority would allow it , so for those three reasons people can easily engage their brains and realise we are pulling their legs
Don’t think it would be a jet we want them to be able to read it

It isn’t that expensive to hire a small plane to do this sort of thing, the pilot would do it because it’s his job and the CAA haven’t had an issue with it in the past, they won’t be bothered about the specifics.

Only thing is, its happened - or similar has happened - at other clubs in the past. So, its entirely feasible, contrary to what you say.

There was the infamous Burnley banner at the game against Man City for one:

Don’t think it would be a jet we want them to be able to read it

It isn’t that expensive to hire a small plane to do this sort of thing, the pilot would do it because it’s his job and the CAA haven’t had an issue with it in the past, they won’t be bothered about the specifics.
Not sure if serious but I don’t believe for a minute that you can just take off from Glasgow airport , authorised by air traffic control in any kind of aeroplane with a massive rangers banner tied to the tail of the plane and just randomly steer towards parkhead , you need a flight path etc surely , madness to even suggest it but I like winding them up so for that reason I’ll go along with it :cool:

Not sure if serious but I don’t believe for a minute that you can just take off from Glasgow airport , authorised by air traffic control in any kind of aeroplane with a massive Rangers banner tied to the tail of the plane and just randomly steer towards parkhead , you need a flight path etc surely , madness to even suggest it but I like winding them up so for that reason I’ll go along with it :cool:
See the post below mine, you do need a flight path I was referring to the specifics of the banner.

Large swathes of our support have completely forgotten what it is to be a football fan, to have rivals, to have banter, to enjoy what your team has achieved but to also have a bit of a laugh at your competitors when things go your way.

This false idea of "what we do" and "what they would do", this false idea that we don't enjoy lording it up the same as any other fan base in football worldwide, is exactly that: false.

And I think its linked to this false idea of the stiff upper lip, never complain when you are getting fucked by all and sundry in the media, in the SFA and SPFL that sees us losing a propaganda war that we're too arrogant, naive and stupid to even engage in. So we're getting hammered in a war we don't even realise we are in. But this last paragraph is off point anyway.

Football fans will be football fans. No, sports fans will be sports fans, and no one should try and stop them having fun over some false perception of "being too good for that".

Get those shitey posts "in the bin".

If you don't wanna have fun good for you. Other people do.

Large swathes of our support have completely forgotten what it is to be a football fan, to have rivals, to have banter, to enjoy what your team has achieved but to also have a bit of a laugh at your competitors when things go your way.

This false idea of "what we do" and "what they would do", this false idea that we don't enjoy lording it up the same as any other fan base in football worldwide, is exactly that: false.

And I think its linked to this false idea of the stiff upper lip, never complain when you are getting fucked by all and sundry in the media, in the SFA and SPFL that sees us losing a propaganda war that we're too arrogant, naive and stupid to even engage in. So we're getting hammered in a war we don't even realise we are in. But this last paragraph is off point anyway.

Football fans will be football fans. No, sports fans will be sports fans, and no one should try and stop them having fun over some false perception of "being too good for that".

Get those shitey posts "in the bin".

If you don't wanna have fun good for you. Other people do.
I think you probably noticed, but I am fully behind this attitude and have been an insufferable cunt to any scum fans I know for several months now.

We have just had a decade of suffering literally the lowest a football fan can go, we have played our way through the divisions, had false start after false start and suddenly, almost like it is out of nowhere, we have completely and utterly blown everyone away. Too fucking right I will be lording it over them for the foreseeable and anyone who wants to fly a plane over their midden with an appropriate banner gets my full and unequivocal thanks!

Rangers fans who don’t want to rub their nose in it are absolute wet wipes.

’oh its all about us look how staunch I am’ gee yourself and us peace ffs.
I want it to be true I’m just pointing out the massive cost you’d need to pay for fuel , hiring of the aeroplane , pay a pilot etc and logistics involved , no supporters club could afford it , and where would we find a pilot crazy enough to risk his licence for a start ? Let alone sneak a banner past air traffic control especially in snp Scotland

Not sure if serious but I don’t believe for a minute that you can just take off from Glasgow airport , authorised by air traffic control in any kind of aeroplane with a massive Rangers banner tied to the tail of the plane and just randomly steer towards parkhead , you need a flight path etc surely , madness to even suggest it but I like winding them up so for that reason I’ll go along with it :cool:
Mate, there are thousands of private aircraft that take off and fly where they like within the laws of the air. People below do not own the air above and so long as if they are entering flight paths they follow the regs, there is absolutely no issue with fly overs like the one suggested. At all.

It's been done plenty of times before.

If I remember they had one over Ibrox in the 90s when Murray banned them for smashing up the seats.

As others have pointed out Burnley had one very recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back