Flo Kamberi

applebear1976

I know he was caught offside about 1000 times.. although I suspect that was more to do with them playing such a high line again

but I thought he had a good game, it was clear that the Portuguese CH's didnt enjoy playing against him and with Kent and Hagi in support, we caused them no end of problems

considering I was underwhelmed by us bringing him in on loan, I have been pleasantly impressed

thoughts?

I would imagine his wage won't be that high, and he is definitely putting the effort in trying to prove himself

maybe a little bit early saying 'sign him' but yes from initial signs, I would be for it

Worked his balls off.

No issue with him being caught offside. If he got got offside 20 times but broke through the 21st time, that’s fine.

Played well when he went wider and came in - caused Braga loads of trouble

Should have buried the shot he had in first half and for the offsides I think he was just a bit too eager.

I thought he was good without being excellent tonight. He provided the running and work rate we needed. I think he can be a success at Rangers.

it will be interesting to see, when Defoe is back, if the gaffer will consider playing them up front together as a pair, he could complement Defoe's game more that he would Alfies...

just an idea, although it would mean changing formation and probably leaving out Hagi or Kent

Applied himself well in his short time. Seems to have a good attitude and offers something a bit different.

Played well.

Needs to learn the offside rule though.

First impressions is that he is the type of forward player we have missed as an alternative to Alfie.

Thought he was decent,and put in a great shift, cracking addition to the squad but for folk saying they’d rather have him than Alfie, no way that’s just mental

We've no idea if he can perform over a full season (let's face it who actually has). So far anyway he's deserved the chance to prove it. Let's re-visit this at the end of May.

I have been impressed with him, as for the offsides tonight that is what happens when a team defends as high as Braga do and his running in behind certainly kept them honest. I wouldn't moan if he signed full time.

I know he was caught offside about 1000 times.. although I suspect that was more to do with them playing such a high line again

but I thought he had a good game, it was clear that the Portuguese CH's didnt enjoy playing against him and with Kent and Hagi in support, we caused them no end of problems

considering I was underwhelmed by us bringing him in on loan, I have been pleasantly impressed

thoughts?
Thought he had a very good game, ran them ragged. I don't worry too much about him being offside when he's facing the goal and the ball is coming over his shoulder, but the one that annoyed me was when we were attacking, the ball was in the box, but then Braga got the ball and their defenders moved out, leaving him in an offside position at the penalty spot - and he then dawdled, and was still in the same position a moment later when Rangers recovered the ball; we couldn't play a quick ball over the top because he'd have been flagged for offside. Pet peeve of mine - get back level with the defenders as quickly as you can.

I didn’t want Kamberi as he was mediocre for hibs. However he might just be one of those players who takes his game up a level moving to us. A perfect example of that would be Sone Aluko. The signs so far are promising.

The offsides were really frustrating, but they were playing really high , so a bit of inexperience there , thought he worked really hard. To be honest , he looks a better player than I thought he was , could well do a job for us.

I like the wee man a lot. His movement is excellent, he's always pointing to areas he wants the ball played. I think he could be a very good striker for us for a few years, and he offers something different to Alfie and JD, but compliments both their games.

Get him signed.

I thought he did an excellent job for us last night. Obviously got caught offside a lot but Braga did play a high line and we were a bit slow to release the ball at times. He pressed well and put himself about. Very quick also. Think he suits our setup well.

I'd sign him.

I actually thought he was poor. Constantly offside, got in the way too many times, missed a sitter and made the wrong option on the ball. But he ran about a lot...

Ran in to a Hivs fan I knew from years ago a few weeks back. His words were he won’t get back now .

Shows the attitude of the Rangers hating scum in this country, while I was less than happy with Glen or Greg going there on loan I’ll have no issue with them when they come back.

Been a breath of fresh air since coming,just hope if given a contract he doesnt stop giving 100 perc which he seems to be giving all just now.

thoughts?

He's no Morelos and you wouldn't want him as your 1st choice striker on a regular basis, but he puts a shift in and has done very well for us.

Well played Flo.

Back