I’d love to hear that
Again
Wow that brings back happy memories, and the birds getting pumped as well..lol

Was thinking how great it used to be

When at the game

And all of a sudden you could hear the flute being played at Ibrox

I’d love to hear that
Again
You would always see someone playing a flute on many a rsc bus that was passing.if you watch the 93 cup final at the piggery you can hear a flute getting played in the background.my mate and I used to take our flutes on the forfar true blues bus,we were at a game v hearts at Ibrox in the 95/96 season and we played a few tunes at half time in the broomloan front and the bears around us loved it

Was thinking how great it used to be

When at the game

And all of a sudden you could hear the flute being played at Ibrox

I’d love to hear that
Again
I remember at hampden we were 2-0 down to the yahoos in a league cup final so the bears were very quiet and despondent and all of a sudden you just heard someone playing wee spot in Europe on the flute and everyone just started singing it and it lifted the spirits

Slightly off topic but an absolute belter.
This morning about 8.25 in Glasgow Central station someone was playing a few notes of the Sash on that piano they have there.

You used to see guys in FB uniforms back in the late 80s and they would give us a wee tune now and then in the East enclosure .

Was at a Chelsea game at Goodison once and the flute must have been played for nearly all the second half.
Get the flutes back at the game

You used to see guys in FB uniforms back in the late 80s and they would give us a wee tune now and then in the East enclosure .
Remember going to a game at the piggery and I was at a “Scotland says no” rally which was protesting against the Anglo-Irish agreement and had paraded to Glasgow green the morning of the game and the amount of bears that day who were in band uniforms or in suits at the game was amazing.

Lets bring it back. Next home game or a set day if it's organized. Bring back the flutes and start playing.Just go for it. Can only help the atmosphere and get the kids thinking about playing it in bands aswell.I think it will rub off on a few old boys who don't use FF aswell and they'll follow suit. Other unique part of our atmosphere compared to other clubs.

Lets bring it back. Next home game or a set day if it's organized. Bring back the flutes and start playing.Just go for it. Can only help the atmosphere and get the kids thinking about playing it in bands aswell.I think it will rub off on a few old boys who don't use FF aswell and they'll follow suit. Other unique part of our atmosphere compared to other clubs.
All it would take is a few guys to get them out and it would take off

Another tradition we want back

Remember hearing the shrill notes of the flute during a lull in the Alania Vladikavkaz tie in the Broomy Front.

Magic stuff & sends shivers down your spine!

I remember way back when I was a kid being at a friendly when we played QPR in London,the game itself is another story,leaving after the game the place was awash with Bears and there was an elderly gentleman wearing a well worn suit,flat cap and scarf playing tunes on his flute and doing a wee jig,it's amazing how these little things stay in your memory 50 years on.

You would always see someone playing a flute on many a rsc bus that was passing.if you watch the 93 cup final at the piggery you can hear a flute getting played in the background.my mate and I used to take our flutes on the forfar true blues bus,we were at a game v hearts at Ibrox in the 95/96 season and we played a few tunes at half time in the broomloan front and the bears around us loved it
We had an old boy who used to bring his accordion on the bus to Aberdeen away. Was good for the first hour but time we got halfway to Aberdeen we were ready to throw him off
Then we had it all the way back home on early Sunday morning. That’s when we stayed in sheepland until midnight

Definitely worth a try,must be hundreds if not thousands of bears attached to bands, getting them together might be a problem,

Used to get an odd flute playing in the late 90’s, early 00’s in the Broomloan.
Mainly boys over from N.I who where probably playing in a band downstairs in the old Rangers Association Club

Definitely worth a try,must be hundreds if not thousands of bears attached to bands, getting them together might be a problem,
They just stick it in there pocket and get it out during the game

It’s anazing just a few could be heard all round the ground

Every single Bear who can play the flute at the next game versus the filth at Ibrox - It would be absolutely bloody outstanding

Flute Bands used to be a regular occurrence at European games in the 90's

2i2d4w.jpg

Used to love hearing the flutes at our games in the 80's, we had a few members who used to bring them on our bus back then too.

Best rendition of a wee spot in Europe

It wasn't a song you heard very often at the games at that time.

I remember watching this repeatedly on video as a youth, rewinding it back again and again. Great to see it is on youtube. Thanks for sharing.

Back