Foderingham is OUT for Sunday

Was this not a while ago now I wondering how good he is now
It was a while ago yes but you didn't say you were wondering how good he is now, you just stated that you suspect Wes is a better shot stopper. Based on the evidence I've seen I know that to be untrue. Wes has made some good saves but every dog has his day. Is McGregor still as good? Who knows but he has played at a higher level than Wes and it's not uncommon for goalkeepers to still be good well into their 30s. I don't think either of us have watched McGregor in recent years but I still can't see Wes being better than him even now cos well, I think Wes is a touch on the shit side.

I don’t think this would change the outcome any, both have their flaws and both have their pluses. Wes, terrible for cross balls whereas Alnwick is decent and Alnwick not great with distribution but Wes decent. Can’t say I’m too concerned.

Would prefer Wes in but he’s got a free hit this weekend as all the Captain Negatives on here have him down as being shite so who knows he might just play a blinder fingers crossed!

McGregor rumours, Alnwick starting last week, Foderingham now injured.

Could all be a coincidence but equally could be plausible.

Either way Alnwick over Foderingham at the Piggery is a hinderance for us.

Wes is a solid keeper and good with the ball to his feet. he is not top drawer by any stretch. Would be a good number 2 for a EPL mid range club. I think that is his level.

I don’t think this would change the outcome any, both have their flaws and both have their pluses. Wes, terrible for cross balls whereas Alnwick is decent and Alnwick not great with distribution but Wes decent. Can’t say I’m too concerned.

Alnwick was shaky as hell on Saturday. Terrible flap at a simple cross, decision making for coming off his line was really poor and distribution worse.

Fod isn't great but this weakens us.

Huge hyperbole deployed in the above statement, I suspect McGregor would be made to look considerably less impressive than Wes behind the desperately poor defences inflicted on the latter.

Wes is better at crosses, better with the ball at his feet and I suspect behind the kind of defences McGregor played with a better shot stopper. He’s also a good few years younger and generally less injury prone than our former keeper.

Personally I think 6’ 1” is on the short side for a modern keeper and if both have a core weakness it’s their lack of dominance at crosses...I shall reiterate, Wes is a better keeper than McGregor and would surely benefit from the provision of a much better defence than he has had inflicted on him thus far.

The time and space afforded to opponents in around our box is scandalous and leaves Wes way to exposed.
Wes is better at crosses, if my memory serves me well McGregor wasn't great with them but he's miles better than Wes in that department.
Wes is vastly overrated by some on here , for a goalkeeper to loose the amount of goals he does from shots that go in centrally is shocking, yes the defence in front of him is honking at best but if you look at the amount of goals he's lost to shots on target it is quite awful, he unnecessarily puts his back line under pressure too by giving them terrible passes when he's not under pressure but then puts them under pressure ,probably being coached/told to play this way, imo if we're offered decent money for him it's a yes from me, ill take McGregor back in a heartbeat.

Jak is a good understudy for Wes and will do us proud for the last 4 games. From what I understand there is no truth in either the rumour that Wes is being sold, or even being touted for sale.... and also no truth in the Shagger claims either. I understand the Shagger rumours started when Hearts showed an interest, similar to the Lafferty and Naismith rumours - just people putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

I think he has been a good keeper for us for the last couple of years, seems to be confident with the ball at his feet and has made very good (sometimes crucial) saves over the last couple of seasons, my only critique would be that his positioning is sometimes a bit off and you wonder whether he should have done better to make a save. That being said, would not be opposed to him staying (if the rumours of him leaving are simply rumours), there are more important areas on the park that we need to concentrate on.

Not so sure its that big a loss tbh.
Big wes has a tendency to let saveable shots go past him with regularity.
Keep the ball away from short passes back to alnwick I think he'll do ok

Alnwick is just as capable of picking the ball out of the net on numerous occasions as Wes.
McGregor

Unfortunately that was also my first thought. I also worry that McGregor is not the same player that left us. This is purely based on him being at Hull in the Championship rather than having actually watched him recently so hopefully I am wrong.

Wes has served us well for three seasons.

The shoulder injury is plausible as he’s looked out of form for the last few months.

If he goes then he leaves with my best wishes.

I’m not Alnwick’s biggest fan so I hope he proves me wrong.

Certainly not a loss for Sunday in my opinion. As pish as Alnwick. Mcgregor even at half his previous ability for us is still miles ahead of both

Wonder if this is the old “I’m no risking injury cause I’m being punted” tactic.

If it’s a good fee and we have a good replacement lined up then grand but I sincerely hope we don’t get shortchanged.

I doubt it, it's not like he's a ball winning centre midfielder

I am never a big fan of the 'keeper lumping the ball up the park but I'd rather Jak does this every time he should do on Sunday and even then with some margin. Play it safe son.

I could live with that, have morelos stick to that plum boyata and just fire balls at him all day long

Not pretty but it would be effective

Reckon I must be the only one who doesn't think 'Wes is good with the ball at his feet'. He always wants another touch and invites pressure. Talking of pressure, he doesn't have a 'big game menatlity', either, don't feel that he'll pull off an inspiring stop at important times.
Not saying McGregor will be the answer, haven't seen anything of him recently but he was a worthy Rangers keeper. Can't say that with much conviction for Wes, sadly.

The only worry I have about Alnwick is his temperament. Even on Sunday, he looked nervy at times, especially with the ball at his feet.

That's what I thought. He didn't look composed enough with the ball at his feet, a bit of pressure and I could picture an absolute howler.

Let's be honest, the more of these losers shipped out the better. Especially the ones from Warburtons team.
I'd like to keep Tav but I wonder how happy he'll be when all his buds have been shipped out? Not sure he has it in him to play for the type of managerial bastard we are sorely in need of.

If he goes its with thanks and best wishes, I was never convinced that he was better than average and as many have pointed out he was beat from distance far too often for my liking. As for the comments that our other keepers had a better defense in front of them I remember the days that the only chance the opposition got would be from distance so how that would have benefited Wes is questionable.

Not convinced by Alnwick but Wes has done bugger all in these games . The Rogic goal was not close to the corner and he’s beaten with long shots far too often. Not convinced also that mcgregor is not past his prime.

I'm interested to get a look at Alnwick with a run of games to see if he's worthy of our number 1 spot. But Both him and Fod will need to up there game with Shagger coming home.

Not particularly bothered by this. Never seen why some think he's the bee's knees. Found him to be bang average in his time here. He, in my opinion is one of the worst goalies in 1 on 1 situations I can remember seeing at Rangers. Not saying we have better waiting in the wings but not seen enough of them to say they are worse. Good luck to him if he's off but it's a position that needed upgrading regardless.

Back