Follow Follow by Ross Bowie - Rangers most travelled fan

I’m not questioning Scot Symon’s record. He managed the greatest Rangers team I saw.
Ross Bowie wrote about travelling with the team as a supporter, the article I referred to mentioned that a group of supporters travelled with the team. The player the article was about, someone from that era but I can’t recall who, felt they had an influence.
I’ve had a quick look but without remembering the player concerned it’s difficult and I’m not going to put a lot of time off on it just to please you.

I have no desire whatsoever for you to please me, childish response . I think what you wrote was utter nonsense. (To be clear you were not writing utter nonsense but the "claim" you repeated was utter nonsense.) "Someone felt they had an influence". Even if that someone does exist no other player, manager or anyone else connected with Rangers, no Rangers leaning journalist of the time, no ITK fan from that era has ever said anything of the sort.
You made a wild statement and cannot back it up in any way. It was also completely irrelevant to the thread.

I have no desire whatsoever for you to please me, childish response . I think what you wrote was utter nonsense. (To be clear you were not writing utter nonsense but the "claim" you repeated was utter nonsense.) "Someone felt they had an influence". Even if that someone does exist no other player, manager or anyone else connected with Rangers, no Rangers leaning journalist of the time, no ITK fan from that era has ever said anything of the sort.
You made a wild statement and cannot back it up in any way. It was also completely irrelevant to the thread.
I did read it, but I’m not going to waste any more time trying to convince someone who knows what every player, manager, anyone else connected with Rangers, Rangers leaning journalist of the time, and ITK fan from that era ever said.

Another George Bowie thread

My youngest boy doesn’t support Rangers, he likes Barcelona he says but in all honesty he’s not into watching football at all. He had a season ticket with me up until a last season, where he went to 2 games all season, but got bored when we were playing the lower division clubs and usually ended up playing on his iPad or phone.
He’s still only 11 so he might go to games when he’s older but he might not.
Anyway my point is my boy was never really a Rangers fan. He came to games because I took him along and we spent time together. Now he chooses what he does a bit more. If anyone asks him if he supports Rangers he will say no he supports Barca although 2 years ago he would have said Rangers.
So because George’s old man was a massive fan doesn’t mean his son has to be

Wonder how many people calling him a prick etc actually know him and for the people that go up to him when he’s working asking what team he supports, go have a word with yourselves he’s at his work

** for what it’s worth my boy still hates celtic

We watched the full Open Goal episode last night. He actually comes across very well. He was very, very close to his dad and was devastated when he died. Has never played football and just wanted to be a DJ. Openly says his dad was, and father-in-law, wife and son are Rangers fans, and his mum a Celtic fan.

very clear music is his passion rather than football. Some great stories about the music business. Difficult not to like the guy to be honest. Maybe have a watch and make your own mind up.

We watched the full Open Goal episode last night. He actually comes across very well. He was very, very close to his dad and was devastated when he died. Has never played football and just wanted to be a DJ. Openly says his dad was, and father-in-law, wife and son are Rangers fans, and his mum a Celtic fan.

very clear music is his passion rather than football. Some great stories about the music business. Difficult not to like the guy to be honest. Maybe have a watch and make your own mind up.

As a 30 year old I’ve grown up with him on the breakfast show for the majority of my life. He’s always came across as a thoroughly decent, normal guy who is up for a laugh and doesn’t mind poking fun at himself.

It’s embarrassing the amount of people who seem to be offended because the guy doesn’t support Rangers. Or because maybe he once did, but doesn’t now.

As has been said numerous times on this thread, who cares?

As a 30 year old I’ve grown up with him on the breakfast show for the majority of my life. He’s always came across as a thoroughly decent, normal guy who is up for a laugh and doesn’t mind poking fun at himself.

It’s embarrassing the amount of people who seem to be offended because the guy doesn’t support Rangers. Or because maybe he once did, but doesn’t now.

As has been said numerous times on this thread, who cares?

Exactly

Ross Bowie's obituary from the Glasgow Herald

Certainly a passionate Rangers supporter

Back