Podcast Follow Follow exclusive interview with Phil Beahon, Castore co-founder, at the launch of the new Ibrox Rangers Store

Sounds like they don’t physically have the stock of pre-orders to hand is the issue.

speaks really well though and it sounds exciting.

Last edited:
Great stuff.
Glad to hear they are looking at an Edinburgh location too!

Thanks for sharing that.

The big point to take from that, IMO, is its been 3 months. Three. In Feb we were left with no kit supplier. Even Nike would have struggled to get a kit range together in that timescale. In 3 months we have quality kits, the store has been transformed and, most importantly, we're making money from it.

Add to that a global pandemic that has halted most industries.

Yup, the delivery delay situation is frustrating, but step back and see what has had to happen to get us to this point and acknowledge that it has been a fantastic effort from all involved.

The future looks good.

Good stuff. Interesting to hear that they already have another couple of clubs in big leagues lined up.
He's right in what he says about the process being very quick this year. I'm confident they will learn from this season and make future launches hassle free.

Great wee video thanks.

i know they’re getting a bit of criticism at the moment (which is understandable when folk are sitting waiting for stuff they’ve paid for weeks ago) but given the time frame they’ve had to get a lot of this stuff done I think Castore have done a fantastic job over all. Once teething problems are dealt with and lessons are learned with regards to ensuring they can meet demand etc I think this is going to be a very good partnership.

Great to hear from phil as its usually tom doing the interviews ,great video , think people just need to have a little patience ,understand folk have shelled out dough for kit but there was always going to be teething problems ,this is a new project for castore and they wont have had to deal with this level of interest before

If they are struggling with the home kit demand which it seems like from the video they should have concentrated on the orders they had and had taken money for before focusing on launching and selling the away kit imo.

If they are struggling with the home kit demand which it seems like from the video they should have concentrated on the orders they had and had taken money for before focusing on launching and selling the away kit imo.

They may have had a contract to release it on 1st August.

The Rangers shop looks in good shape, and you can see how excited the Castore guy is about the journey ahead. Geoff Shreeves job as Chief Football reporter at Sky is under threat too by the sounds of things!! :D

Not just this alone, but at long last we are beginning to see the club really get back on its feet.

This is the best I've felt about the club even before 2012. There was plenty rumours going about regarding the position of the club financially.

It was never going to be an easy fix, but I feel now that the corner has definitely been turned.

Well done Mark, your video style reminds me of the Ben Dover videos from a few years ago.
0HUoRJw.gif

I keep coming back to when we were with PUMA and we got the green light to buy shirts from the board. The three shirts were the top selling PUMA products in Europe for that next month according to retail people there.

The appetite for merchandise is absolutely huge and I wouldn't be surprised to see that 500k products Castore have sold in to completely go and need to restock before end of season.

Don't think there will be much left in the shop at closing time!

i like Defoe more every time he speaks. Hopefully we can get him coaching with us as he seems a great guy to have around and keep the younger players grounded.

Love the cut of his jib there.. he must have been like a wean at christmas buzzing till the doors opened :)

Back