Follow Follow Golf Day this year.

I was a member at Royal Montrose but quit due to health. I have season tickets at MH with my work mon to frid and also at trumps, don’t like trumps though not good enough to play and enjoy it mate
Royal Montrose is a treat, trumps is a trek. MH is amazing atm

Meant to have a client at MH next week but think it might not happen due to other commitments. It’s a fantastic course

I’m up for a car share too lads, also if there was enough either hire a small mini bus (happy to drive) or with a bus company with driver and we could all get a swally. An exciting journey back to Aberdeenshire hahahha
An overnight is a must going by previous events ;)

I’m up for that
Meldrum house is not the right venue for a FF golf day mate. Rule that out immediately. Trust me pal

As a scratch golfer who’s been to FF golf before

Far too pricey and tough for the level of player and not the place for the apres golf shenanigans

(I live 8 miles from MH and play it regularly)

I'm interested, I'm in Aberdeen but my daughter lives in Larbert and The Tryst is my son in laws home course so that would be great, but happy to play anywhere in the central belt.
I also would prefer the Tryst m8

It’s central Scotland.
Loads of trains to Falkirk.
Larbert station is the closets station and a 5 minute walk.
Trains from Stirling and Glasgow pass through it for folk wanting to drink and leave the car.

I also would prefer the Tryst m8

It’s central Scotland.
Loads of trains to Falkirk.
Larbert station is the closets station and a 5 minute walk.
Trains from Stirling and Glasgow pass through it for folk wanting to drink and leave the car.
Agreed pal

Meldrum house is not the right venue for a FF golf day mate. Rule that out immediately. Trust me pal

As a scratch golfer who’s been to FF golf before

Far too pricey and tough for the level of player and not the place for the apres golf shenanigans

(I live 8 miles from MH and play it regularly)
Oh trust me thats definitely not going to happen lol, I have enough of a struggle babysitting my guests

For guys looking for an overnighter there is a Premier Inn on Bellsdyke Road which is along from the Falkirk Tryst GC. £47 for a twin room on the proposed date. I may also get discounts nearer the time as my cousin has just started working for the company.

I will add my ex colleague/mate is a member so could possible be a point of contact for any info or deals. He is friendly with the committee

Can I throw my name in too? I havent played a FF event before but played at Falkirk for the Davie Hagen Charity Golf Day a few years back and it was a great day. Cheers.

I will be holding the FF golf day this year along with Mark.
Looking at Falkirk Tryst Golf club or Royal Musselburgh.
We will be contacting the clubs to see if they're available for Friday 16th Sept and a midday start.
Price-Course and charity that funds will be raised for will be confirmed soon as possible, this post is just to see what interest there is for the Follow Follow Charity Golf Day.
People are more than welcome to bring a prize along on the day and we will get a raffle going.
Those who don't play golf on FF, you're more than welcome to donate a prize to raise funds for the charity.

Interest so far see below.
@Brian Laudrup
@Ally's Golden Boot
@Madjid Moments
@Kinghornloyal
@DM55
@rangersno11
@punksnotdead
@gers forever
@1914-18
@Coopertrueblue
@Dedé Arneaux
@Man with No Name
@craigiebear
@Grampian Bear
@FG98
@burgh blue
@WATP1979
@EyeoftheTiger
@The_StCyrus_Bear
Mark K

I will add and take names away as it goes.
Paid will be put next to peoples names when paid.

Please keep checking the first post of this thread for updates as i will EDIT as we confirn times prices etc.

Cheers
Fourladshadadream
its a yes for me so please add me to list

Said in The Lounge thread I'd be game if I'm in the country at the time. Chance we might be booking to go away around the proposed dates in September.

You never played golf in the Port as far as I can remember but I know you liked your wee cheeky bevvy as a young glen punter but then again everyone drank on the glen bus:shh:
No mate only started playing golf in my later years hahahhaah the Bouverie bus was more era but drank a lot in the glen

This sounds excellent. Please can you provisionally put my name down for this.

For someone who has never attended, I'm interested to know the format of the day, i.e. turn up and play, dinner and drinks after.

Also, is it recommended to find accommodation as a few beers are likely to follow?

Format
This sounds excellent. Please can you provisionally put my name down for this.

For someone who has never attended, I'm interested to know the format of the day, i.e. turn up and play, dinner and drinks after.

Also, is it recommended to find accommodation as a few beers are likely to follow?
is take a shot have a beer take a shot drink a shot up to 4 at each hole to make sure you can play the 6th as it’s a par 3 and you can win a car.

Stableford usually with a scratch prize and a team prize for best net team

Back