Follow Follow lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davie Weir

I’m not totally clued up on what we should and shouldn’t be singing (punishment wise)

But can we sing Follow Follow with the proper lyrics?

The real question would be could our support manage to sing the original song without referencing pope and Vatican or would some idiots ruin it for us all

Can we all sing the real lyrics?

Though the straits be broad or narrow, follow we will,
Follow we will, follow we will,
If the straits be broad or narrow, follow we will,
We will follow in the footsteps of our team.
Follow follow, we will follow Rangers,
Everywhere, anywhere,
We will follow on,

Anywhere, everywhere we will follow on,
If they go to Dublin we will follow on.
For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers,
No not one, and there never shall be one,
Celtic know all about their troubles,
We will fight till the day is done.
No not one, and there never shall be one!

Last edited:
I’ve said for the best part of 15 years that if it would just come directly from the club either through website, screens or direct communication then we’d be more than halfway there.

Yet they thought the best plan was to get Andy Cameron to sing a new song.

I’ve no idea despite regime change why they still continue with the inertia plan.
Maybe at some point in the next week they’ll shock us with dynamic leadership and someone will grasp the fucking nettle.
Let’s hope so.

Last edited:
no fan will sing aberdeen and back again, it's a force of habit that will never change

it's a good idea but will never happen

"Anywhere, everywhere we will follow on" instead of the Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen and back again

I won’t lie you I wasn’t quite sure what to put in that area of the song.
Due to hearing many different lyrics in my lifetime so I looked that it up and Everywhere, anywhere,
We will follow on,
Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen and back again is what I got

I’m not totally clued up on what we should and shouldn’t be singing (punishment wise)

The real question would be could our support mange to sing the original song without referencing pope and Vatican or would some idiots ruin it for us all

Can we all sing the real lyrics:

Everywhere, anywhere,
We will follow on,
Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen and back again

If we can sing these lyrics and get Ibrox bouncing with non offensive songs it would be great
I can definitely confirm 100% that the original version of follow follow makes no mention of Dundee Hamilton nor aberdeen
cheers

Sorry,I am somewhat new to this,and have no idea what bumping a thread actually is.I came across your post about follow follow lyrics only this morning so thought it best to correct all the misinformation about this.
cheers

The old version I recall didn't even mention celtc, it was "some folk know all about their sorrows"

Would prefer that as well as negating Dundee Hamilton with Everywhere, Anywhere.

Edit: Think the Dundee Hamilton is actually just another "Follow, follow we will follow Rangers"

Last edited:
Gerry McNee wanted the song banned 25 years ago because of this line.

If they go to Dublin we will follow on, he got pelters for it and rightly so. :))
Did McNee not also object to referencing ‘Celtic and their troubles’ which he interpreted as ‘Celtic and their Troubles’?

The real question would be could our support manage to sing the original song without referencing pope and Vatican or would some idiots ruin it for us all

Can we all sing the real lyrics?

Everywhere, anywhere,
We will follow on,

Anywhere, everywhere we will follow on,
We will fight until the day is won. is the correct lyric on that line. according to the lyrics on the 1960s tea towels

Surely a task for The Union Bears?!
Take away every add on and sing all of our songs the way they should be.
This group have the best chance of creating a superb song book to be proud of - and of leading the whole of Ibrox in song.

I hope they can take it.

I’ve said for the best part of 15 years that if it would just come directly from the club either through website, screens or direct communication then we’d be more than halfway there.

Yet they thought the best plan was to get Andy Cameron to sing a new song.

I’ve no idea despite regime change why they still continue with the inertia plan.
Maybe at some point in the next week they’ll shock us with dynamic leadership and someone will grasp the fucking nettle.
Let’s hope so.

I argued for the club to get together with Club 1872, the UB, reps from supporters' groups, the SLO and other representatives to get agreement on what can and cant be sung. Get everyone 'singing from the same hymn sheet'.

I was told on here that we didnt need anyone to tell us what we can and cant sing. We need agreement and we need a proper strategy to create a better atmosphere at Ibrox.

I thought the SLO might be a key player in this.

I thought the first time that the "Dundee, Hamilton, even up to Aberdeen" lyrics first appeared was on a CD available in the club shop after the 1992/93 Battle of Britain/Champions League cup run.

I argued for the club to get together with Club 1872, the UB, reps from supporters' groups, the SLO and other representatives to get agreement on what can and cant be sung. Get everyone 'singing from the same hymn sheet'.

I was told on here that we didnt need anyone to tell us what we can and cant sing. We need agreement and we need a proper strategy to create a better atmosphere at Ibrox.

I thought the SLO might be a key player in this.

The UBs could do so much more. Look at the songs they’ve introduced to the support.

But it’s not remotely anything to do with them if we’re being fair.
I understand the club don’t want the risk. They’d rather these rhythms and songs didn’t enter the stadium and put it out for “interpretation”.

Edu, Edu should have shown that where there’s a will, there’s a way.

I can definitely confirm 100% that the original version of follow follow makes no mention of Dundee Hamilton nor aberdeen
cheers

Agreed.

This Dundee Hamilton stuff crept in during the 70’s ?

Before that, it was definitely just a repeat of “follow follow we will follow Rangers”. No mention of the pope or the Vatican and no attempt to shoehorn words and place names in to rhyme with Vatican

One of my favourite versions, wish we could bring back:

Hullo Hullo We Are The Rangers Boys (clean of course), what a chant it was.

I said at the time when this CD was released that it should have been played over the tannoy before every game, half time and at the final whistle. We should have played it constantly.

Maybe then Murray (spit) wouldn’t have bent over and banned TBB so easily.

Out of curiosity, I've often wondered does the line "Celtic know all about their troubles" refer to anything in particular?Not sure when FF was first sung and if theres some sort of long lost topical reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back