MOTM Poll Follow Follow Player of the Year 20/21 - Connor Goldson

Your Player of the Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've gone for Davis. The brains of our team and making mugs out of opponents 15 years his junior

And a wee bit of Norn Iron bias!

Tav for me. There were lots of crucial moments in winter when the pitches were getting boggy, he was grabbing hames with both hands and pulling us through.

On a normal year any one of the candidates could have won it, but for me, we could have lost momentum without him.

Such a difficult decision that you can go backwards and forwards through so many players! But i shortened it down to "who would i least want to get injured" and that, without pause, was Goldson. All the other candidates have adequate back-ups but I am not sure we could replicate that defence of ours without big Goldson in there

Toughest POTY that I can think of with so many worthy contenders. Each one there is an argument for but you can see the strongest case is Tav and Goldson.

For me the big centre half has been the rock that this season has been built on and without that I don't think we would have been posting the numbers that this season has produced.

Goldson by a nose from Tav and Davis and MacGregor coming in at equal third place for me.

Goldson for me but they all were all magnificent this season looking forward to seeing the player of the season on RTV anyone know when it will be on?

Does anyone know when we are getting to see the Rangers POTY ceremony?
I paid for it but supposed to be free.

Tavernier for me. Reached levels no other player matched at times this season

Tav by a whisker over Goldson, purely for his goals and assists record, which, has been phenomenal for a defender. Hard to overlook Shagger. Tough old choice.

Not since Laudrup have we had a player who terrorises opponents, sometimes befrore a ball is kicked, the way Ryan Kent does.
He got my vote.

Nice to see Connor Goldson in the lead all the same. Mr Consistency. A rock.

McGregor for me.

All the players listed have been intense but McGregor has repeatedly made astounding saves at crucial times.

Tommy burns said that The Goalie broke his heart. McGregor caused Lennons erectile dysfunction.

Fact!

I love Alfie & would normally have voted for him. Tav is another that has been - pre & post injury - fantastic, but for playing every minute in this year of magnificence, then it has to be the Vice Captain Mr Goldson.

Steven Davis currently on 16.90% of the vote. Staunch.

PTlZe8H.png

I went for Tav, with the amount of crucial goals from set pieces, from open play, penalties converted, the number of assists etc he’s just had an incredible season and had it not been for the injury I’m confident he could have been top scorer. He’s had a stand out season and has proved every one of his critics wrong. :))

I've gone for Tav, but realistically there just isn't a wrong choice here. It's rare in a season to have so many genuine POTY candidates and it symbolises how our results are the product of a team and not individuals.

All worthy contenders. I just felt that Tavernier’s drive and goals pre injury was a significant platform to take us to the championship.

891 votes and only 7 votes between Connor Goldson in first place and James Tavernier in second.

Poll closes at midnight tonight, and the winner gets the incredible achievement of being the very first winner of the FF Player of the Year Poll. We may even buy him a pie or something.

McGregor for me, he's been consistently brilliant all season and you have to wonder how many points he was worth for us.However the whole squad all played their part

I voted for Tav, but was torn between him and Goldson.

Well played big man.

That was a close one!

Goldson was our rock in bringing the title home, I hope this poll result persuades him to sign a new contract.

If tav hadnt got injured ide have went for him all day long,think Conor been consistently good all season and scored some important goals.Conor for me.

Fair play to big Goldson. He was indispensable this season and absolutely solid, so fully deserved - albeit I voted Davis!

Gutted I missed this, but I would have voted for Goldson anyway. I think he's been my POTY since Tav dropped from that remarkable run and picked up his injury. Said all along he was the one who I felt maintained the highest level of consistency. Maybe didn't hit the heights of Tav and McGregor at times, but maintained the highest consistent level.
For a guy who I was always a little unconvinced by, he's been an absolute rock this season. I think I remember one slip with the Elyounoussi chance in the first game against them. Apart from that I don't think he made a mistake at all.

Back