"FollowFollow.com would like your permission to enable push notifications".

Beer Belly Loyal

Started getting this box message at bottom of the page last night, still there today (on laptop) what does it mean, anyone else getting this? The message has an 'X' to close it but has no function, pop-ups appearing over the message constantly. This only happens on FF site, no other sites I visit have these pop-ups. I have AdBlock 3.54.0 and Adblock Plus - free ad blocker 3.6.3 extensions turned on as always. Any help please on how to get rid would be appreciated as it is ruining my enjoyment of the forum.

at home i accepted it, fine.
At work i cannot click the wee cross to get rid.

Is the only option to enable them?

As I posted in a similar thread in The Lounge.

I pressed 'never again' then (I think) there was a save button. Either way, its not come back.

If you want another way to do it click on your User Name then Preferences. Mine now says in blue 'enable push notifications' because I turned it off. Presumably if you haven't then it will say something else. I've left everything else (Alert/Push) below that section ticked. That means I get an Alert when someone quotes me or likes a post and I get a Notification when I get a PM. That's all I need.

To cure any paranoia.

What it does is flash up an alert onto your screen when we add new articles to the website.
which is what i dont want in work but doesnt seem to be the option for it to disappear. Press the wee cross nothing happens

Had another check of thius on my Windows 10 desktop.

The message comes up at the bottom of the screen asking you to allow push notifications. If you don't want to, then click on the X on the right hand side of the banner notification. This brings up another banner giving you three options regarding push notifications - including 'never ask again' Click on that and job done.

I use add blocker and that's always worked fine, but now I'm getting adds over that stupid bloody message.
And no, I don't know how to get rid of it.

Had another check of thius on my Windows 10 desktop.

The message comes up at the bottom of the screen asking you to allow push notifications. If you don't want to, then click on the X on the right hand side of the banner notification. This brings up another banner giving you three options regarding push notifications - including 'never ask again' Click on that and job done.
Lucky You,

Like @Ubik posted earlier, when I click on the 'X' nothing happens.

No problem whatsoever with that.

What almost gets me caught in work all the time is the FF banner.

Anyone else constantly scrolling it away ?

i really miss the Subtle skin the old board had, that was great for in work. With each new board update, it seems to remove good features from the board.

I'm the same on a Huawei P30 pro. The box is there but it will not respond to me trying to accept the Push notifications or to close the dialog box at all.
It does not register as a touch on the phone screen.

I turned it on for all of one minute.

Fucking flashing up every few seconds when somebody made a post.

I went straight back to preferences to disable.

The old method of clicking on someone's post count to see previous posts appears to have been disabled.

VB helped me sort if the other day; click on their username twice and from there, access 'postings'

Yeah mate that works. Its still far from ideal though. I've since discovered that it only works for a single page list of postings. If you click to see 'More' you get the bloody 'Oops' error you spoke about.

There's some good bits about the recent update but I'd have to say that, for me, for the first time I'm finding myself somewhat frustrated by an update.

Yeah mate that works. Its still far from ideal though. I've since discovered that it only works for a single page list of postings. If you click to see 'More' you get the bloody 'Oops' error you spoke about.

There's some good bits about the recent update but I'd have to say that, for me, for the first time I'm finding myself somewhat frustrated by an update.

Try clicking on 'Latest Activity'.

Then 'Show Older Items' at the bottom.

Looks like @jomacbe has cracked it!

Oh what a star! Love it, thank you very much for that one. I usually manage to find 'workarounds' myself (eventually) but that one didn't occur to me. Well done dude!

You figured out a way to get smileys to 'stick' yet (on desktop and tablet) without having to wait for 30 seconds or so (whilst it auto-saves)before hitting 'Post Reply'? Mine disappear if it hit 'Return' to start a new paragraph, for example.

Back