Football and family life.

RabWATP

Come home from the fitbaw on a day like today and i really am a huffy grumpy bastard and my missus and kids take the brunt of my moods. Tell myself repeatedly that i wont ever let the emotions of the game interfere with my family life and always try to forget about it after the final whistle goes but days like today it is virtually impossible to pick yourself up from being so deflated and it does affect the people around me.
Anyone else find themselves affecting their loved ones after a shite day like today? Or do you find it easy to just switch off from the football when you walk through the front door?

I've snapped at the family a few times tonight already, feel guilty as hell which in turn makes me angry at todays performance which then makes me snap again.

Vicious circle

Unfortunately I'm the same. Missus telling me forget about it and watch a film with her and I'm posting comment after comment on here with my mug tripping me.....
Think I may have to pour another drink , switch off and take her advice..
Some sound advice mate aye Haha my missus has fucked off to bed im doing her tits in that much

Sitting here completely pi$$ed off. Can’t speak to wife or wean for fear of snapping the face off them. Raging

The mrs & mother in law are like it's only a game, putting positive spins on it, while inside "I'm like only a game, only a game", done really well not to snap to far
Mad how much we all care about it when really it is only a game haha

Come home from the fitbaw on a day like today and i really am a huffy grumpy bastard and my missus and kids take the brunt of my moods. Tell myself repeatedly that i wont ever let the emotions of the game interfere with my family life and always try to forget about it after the final whistle goes but days like today it is virtually impossible to pick yourself up from being so deflated and it does affect the people around me.
Anyone else find themselves affecting their loved ones after a shite day like today? Or do you find it easy to just switch off from the football when you walk through the front door?

Never really had that scenario they always fxck off out before I get home

I’ve followed Rangers for 42 years since I was 12 on/off when finances have allowed, like all fans I’ve had some great times and not so great, going away on the football specials from Queen St most months in the 80’s were in the highs where attending the UEFA Cup Final in Manchester was a low and disappointing but im not as dedicated as I once was, kids, grandkids and family deaths have changed this, I’m sitting gutted and in a bad mood for 24hours but life goes on (except when the mentally challengeds beat us then it takes me a few days to come round)

Personally i've had a bad couple of days and tonights game has just rounded it off. The mrs has told me " Get over it, you've got more important things to worry about " Shes right as i have, but that means nothing at the minute.

Generally if I’m gutted I go to bed.

My moods haven’t changed since before I met my Mrs or had my family. I still react the same way to defeat that I did years ago so they know what it’s about and just leave me alone.

Everything fing shite for me these days fvcking raging and sick of everything.
My teams shite, My family life's shite, My work lifes shite, it's shite and i don't know how much a have left to put up with it all.

Fvcking soul destoying.
Chin up mate the football is just football at the end of the day so much more important things in life. But whatever u may be going through elsewhere, i hope you can seek advice for it or figure it out in your own way im sure you will take care

My wee man is now 6 months and i've had numerous arguments with my Wife over the past few months about going to the games. She's on Mat leave and Mat pay to money's been tight.

All fucking pointless now after a disastrous 2 months.

I've cost us a fortune by booking our holiday after the season finishes than early May as I genuinely thought we'd win it.

Will go to the Euro and OF game and that's it at Ibrox.

Total scunnered and will enjoy the time with my boy.

I thought as I got older I would handle it better, I don’t and I am a grumpy bad tempered bass’s.

Fell out with my daughter because of the mood I’m in and now she has broke my heart by telling me she doesn’t want daddy to read her nightly bedtime story . I’ve told her now that she’s 26 it’s about time she thought about getting her own place to stay .

Any pics? I’m good at bedtime stories lol

My teams shite, My family life's shite, My work lifes shite, it's shite and i don't know how much a have left to put up with it all.

Fvcking soul destoying.
Stay strong mate, days like today are shit, but, tomorrow a new day. Football is just a game, we all invest a lot into it, the highs are high, the lows are low. Here for you mate if you need someone to talk to.

Stay strong mate, days like today are shit, but, tomorrow a new day. Football is just a game, we all invest a lot into it, the highs are high, the lows are low. Here for you mate if you need someone to talk to.
It just seems never ending at the moment.

Sometimes think life would be easier if I didn't care so much, it has such an impact on my day to day life outside football I've actually phoned in for work a couple times because of bad results it's that bad...however I just think back to nights like last Thursday or in braga on Wednesday and how unbelievable it was and it makes it all worth it in the end

Unfortunately I'm the same. Missus telling me forget about it and watch a film with her and I'm posting comment after comment on here with my mug tripping me.....
Think I may have to pour another drink , switch off and take her advice..
Im doing exactly the same. Ive had a great weekend up until the game today and to be honest im sick of this football team full of overpaid pansies putting me on a downer for days on end.

Sad as it seems Rangers matches are currently the highlight of my week and its getting so bad I'm nearly at the point of not watching anymore

My wife always checks the score to know what type of mood I’ll be in when I get home.
The first few hours are the worst - just so flat.
the last few weeks have been worse than the last few years cause we were in such a good position at the break with the strongest chance in ages - and blown it.
but we will be back and I just try to think how sweet it will be when we can get that trophy again.

I have found it harder to take this season think it's because we seemed to be going in the right direction so my hopes were up. Now the wheels have came off it hurts me worse than before. To hell with it we have just got to pick our selfs up. I am a Rangers fan and proud of it. We will get there in the end sure of it. For me Stevie G is the man to do it

Think most of us are the same , kidding on we are listening to the wife or watching the tv with her , but really posting on here and venting in group chats about our current predicament re Gerrard . It’s brutal and could’ve been so different but for some ludicrous refereeing and certain players letting the manager down badly

I’m a relatively young man still, and witnessing a horrible capitulation like tonight still angers and enrages me, but I’ve started to mellow out a bit over the last while. The mrs doesn’t take the brunt of the moods anymore because it’s not worth it. Being angry at the team getting beaten is fair enough as it’s an emotional investment, but the reality is at the end of the day the team doesn’t put food on the table or pay your wages, or even give you the love of a good woman (or man if your that way inclined) but the way I see it now, it’s a game at the end of it all. The pain goes away, the same as the joy and elation of a victory or a cup progression or a title win. All we have left are memories, good and bad.

its shite when we lose, brilliant when we win. But when we get home, life goes on no matter what. Family always comes first for this chap, very closely followed by rangers fc

Been sitting like a moody b*****d all evening. TBH I already was in the afternoon as well. Now Wife and kids are off to bed and I'm pisses I've let Rangers get to me, again.

Fvcking soul destoying.
We all have those feelings at times mate. Today was a boot in the baws and sitting here drinking beer pissed off at the world is not a good place to be. You will come out of the other side pal as will our team. WATP

The mrs & mother in law are like it's only a game, putting positive spins on it, while inside "I'm like only a game, only a game", done really well not to snap to far

Having someone say it’s only a game to you is the most annoying thing on the planet, especially when they know how much money and time you spend following the team

Fvcking soul destoying.
Hey but you're not....

Fvcking soul destoying.

I am in the same boat mate. Wanting this team to win things is all I look forward to.

Right now I hate the bloody lot of them for ruining yet another weekend and making me miserable towards my long suffering wife. The fact that it was all too predictable beforehand, and obvious after 10 minutes, makes it even worse. At least 9 months till another effing trophy and maybe a lot more !

Tbh this teams let me down so many times I always prepare for it, dont get me wrong I love Rangers the highs are euphoric and the lows depressing, but I've mellowed out as I've got older. I'm fuming with the players but at the end of the day why should my missus have to suffer my mood because a bunch of millionaires disguised as rangers players can't win a game.

Back