Football banning order

See Anthony took his time in telling us all the others were cleared
That’s why you should always go ‘not guilty’ in these type of ‘which hunt’ charges.

A stupid song in hindsight. The lad can’t really have any complaints. Some parity would be nice though, you could issue banning orders to their entire away support if you stuck some cameras in front of them. Cold day in hell before we see that though, which is the real disgrace.

That is the real issue we are policed to a whole different level and the famine song is mild compared to what they get away with

A stupid song in hindsight. The lad can’t really have any complaints. Some parity would be nice though, you could issue banning orders to their entire away support if you stuck some cameras in front of them. Cold day in hell before we see that though, which is the real disgrace.
I don't see how it's a song that should be punished like that. They came here due to the famine, they hate this country, why are they still here?

Any update on the bottle throwing at the Piggery.

I know Celtic will still be looking at video evidence from the game at Ibrox.

I don't see how it's a song that should be punished like that. They came here due to the famine, they hate this country, why are they still here?
It's a piss take, nothing more. There was more than just RC's affected by the famine, so not sure how it can be sectarian. And the vast majority who sing about the famine at porkheid have either never been or only visited Eire for a boozy weekend.

It's a piss take, nothing more. There was more than just RC's affected by the famine, so not sure how it can be sectarian. And the vast majority who sing about the famine at porkheid have either never been or only visited Eire for a boozy weekend.
Totally agree mate. Like everything their victimhood convinces them that they are the only victims in life. They backed out of a famine memorial once Protestants praised it.

I thought you could only get a ban if an incident took place inside a stadium?

It’s pathetic either way that a song that is meant as humour can ruin someone’s life

As if any Celtic is offended by a song about a famine from 180 years ago Ffs

Not all Irish migrants in this country are fans of that club and not all people affected by the famine were Irish catholics. Don’t get me wrong, when I was a daft boy in my late teens/early twenties when that song first got aired I sang it as loud as anyone and thought it was funny, but in hindsight its in very poor taste.

As I said in my post, parity is the real issue.

Not all Irish migrants in this country are fans of that club and not all people affected by the famine were Irish catholics. Don’t get me wrong, when I was a daft boy in my late teens/early twenties when that song first got aired I sang it as loud as anyone and thought it was funny, but in hindsight its in very poor taste.

Of course it wasn't just Catholics, however the majority of Protestants that came here don't despise the country and support those that tried to murder and maim our people. It is those people that are being asked why don't they go home.

Agree with your second point about parity, it's a two tier system.

The famine song may be distasteful , satirical , poor taste , humorous whatever you think. However singing it should not amount to a court case and a banning order. the justice system wasting it’s time with this is unbelievable. There are jokes made by comedians about the famine on stage and there was going to be a tv comedy series made by channel 4 a few years ago about it by an Irish writer but was scrapped. Britain and Ireland have always had dark humour and the famine song amounts to dark humour nothing else. This is another example of SNP Scotland at its very worst and it’s police force who arrested them.

Disgrace that young guys are dragged to court for singing a wee ditty considering what other get away and often praised for
He shouldn't have pled to it but maybe did so to save others

It's a song that states a fact and asks a question, unlike the vile shite and mocking the Ibrox disaster we hear regularily at the piggery.

It's a song about celtic and cause of their creation

That’s why you should always go ‘not guilty’ in these type of ‘which hunt’ charges.
Spot on pal, I remember some Millwall fans charged with singing a racist song pleaded not guilty and to a man said "I was miming just to fit in with the rest of the fans" all were aquitted with the magistrate saying he had his doubts but couldn't prove they were singing, no way could I support racist chants but you have to admire their ingenuity.

Of course it wasn't just Catholics, however the majority of Protestants that came here don't despise the country and support those that tried to murder and maim our people. It is those people that are being asked why don't they go home.

Agree with your second point about parity, it's a two tier system.
You and I know why the song is sung in the context of football rivalry, but to the average Irish person who is over here for work/study and doesn’t give a %^*& about that lot, it’s pretty offensive. And when you transfer the song from the terraces to a group of fans walking through Glasgow City Centre, it is harder to argue that it’s purely aimed at numbskulls from Glasgow who sing about the IRA.

Banned for telling the truth!

Yet to see one scum fan being banned by their club for the crimes they constantly commit.
Because they plead not guilty, say no comment when questioned and exploit the loopholes and technicalities.

Last edited:
Can only imagine the Police had clear footage of him singing. We have no idea what evidence they had. A guilty plea would have lessened the sentence.

Well done to the other 8 who walked free.

A Rangers fan has been given a one-year football banning order after he admitted singing the Famine Song in Glasgow city centre, while marching to an Old Firm clash last August.

Bradley Craig, 20, pleaded guilty to a Section 38 breach of the peace, with football and religious prejudice aggravations at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

At his sentencing on Tuesday, he was banned from all football matches for 12 months and given a community payback order of 135 hours unpaid work.

A group of fans were filmed singing the anti-Irish song while marching to the Rangers vs Celtic match on August 29, 2021.

Police Scotland arrested and charged nine men in connection with the incident.

Spot on pal, I remember some Millwall fans charged with singing a racist song pleaded not guilty and to a man said "I was miming just to fit in with the rest of the fans" all were aquitted with the magistrate saying he had his doubts but couldn't prove they were singing, no way could I support racist chants but you have to admire their ingenuity.
Miming, just like Compston claimed. He got away with it too.

Look forward to Martin Compston and Alan Thompson being charged, convicted and banned from Football for the offence of celebrating and promoting a proscribed Terrorist organisation.

Back