Football computer games of old

They still do updates for cm 01/02 with the recent transfers.

Have wasted many an hour with it.

Sensible world of soccer on the Amiga I've still got them bought the Amiga off a good bear on FF.

ChampMan 01/02 and 97/98 were special still have those too lol.

I liked the original Football Manager on the Spectrum.

Downloaded it from the App Store recently and didn't realise how crap it is but at the time I thought it was amazing.

PES before it got shit (pre 2009) and the first few Football Managers.

Used to spend insane amount of hours playing those!

Recently dug out some old ps2 games, was playing fifa 2002 and this is football:D

Would love another shot of fifa 94 on the sega.

Championship manaer 2001/02 was the best imo

Nae computer games for us, Subbuteo was the only game in town :)

9jQ96mz.jpg

This too.

I remember playing Emlyn Hughes International Soccer on the Commodore 64 as a youngster, and my brother and I agreeing how incredibly realistic it was :D

Favourite ever would be one of the old Championship Manager games around 1998-2002

What's your favourite football game of all-time?

Classics that instantly spring to mind for me are:

• Fifa: Road To World Cup '98
  • Championship Manager 01/02
  • Premier Manager 98
I spent many hours on those games particularly champ manager and Fifa 98. Anytime I hear blur song 2 it reminds me of playing it.

Sensible soccer and Adidas power soccer were a good laugh until fifa 98 road to the world cup changed everything!

Without a doubt the best game I've ever played was Sensible World Of Soccer, I even entered a Sensi comp in one of the Amiga magazines and finished 5th only just missing out on a prize :mad: . Cannon Fodder was also a great game, the Amiga days were the best , I wasn't into playstations or nintendos.

Sensible world of soccer on the Amiga I've still got them bought the Amiga off a good bear on FF.

ChampMan 01/02 and 97/98 were special still have those too lol.

CM 97/98 for me.
There's a site that still does data updates!

What's your favourite football game of all-time?

Classics that instantly spring to mind for me are:

• Fifa: Road To World Cup '98
  • Championship Manager 01/02
  • Premier Manager 98
Superb choice of games, loved all of them! Still have that version of Champ installed on my laptop, have an outstanding Rangers save with Ibrahimovic leading the line for us!

Anyone remember the Rangers club football games? Used to love playing at Ibrox in them!

Would be brilliant getting Ibrox on FIFA again :)

SWOS.

Did anyone ever figure out how to stop the value of your full backs plummeting faster than a MO'N centre forward in the box? :D

CM 97/98 consumed so much time in my life it's frightening.

Used to play it for 8hrs a day, 5 days a week.

Was like a real job.

Without a doubt the best game I've ever played was Sensible World Of Soccer, I even entered a Sensi comp in one of the Amiga magazines and finished 5th only just missing out on a prize :mad: . Cannon Fodder was also a great game, the Amiga days were the best , I wasn't into playstations or nintendos.

Lemmings and champman Italia were brilliant on the Amiga too.

Sensible soccer and goal on the amiga. Many hours spent playing that as a kid.

Also championship manager 93, my first foray into management and took Blackpool from bottom of division 3 to premier league champions. Still remember my star player, someone called Andy Gouck.

There was another management game I played on the amiga, premier manager and premier manager 2. You had to go a non-league side and were in charge of everything including stadium improvements and ticket prices. A poor relation to Champ Manager.

Kick off
Sensible soccer
International Super star soccer (ISS)
Original pro evo

All brilliant.

Personally think the new footy games are guff.

Back