Football computer games of old

Sensible soccer was always my fave until Pro Evo came out. Endless amounts of tournies at my mates. Champ Manager also took up a lot of time.
Anyone mention Olympic Soccer on the Amiga......another one for screamers from half way?

Anyone remember the Rangers club football games? Used to love playing at Ibrox in them!

Would be brilliant getting Ibrox on FIFA again :)

Commented on another thread about this game and how i'm sure i read somewhere that because of these Rangers Club Football games that codemasters still have licences/rights for Ibrox and can't be in Fifa.

Someone might be able to confirm if true.

I loved two games called striker on the c64 and microprose soccer on the speccy the hours i spent on them were unreal, i also loved LMA manager .

First game I really played was World Cup Italia 90 on the Atari. Also a game called Manchester United in Europe.

Kick Off 3 European Challenge on the SNES came after that. Still remembering thinking was the best thing ever.

Played Striker and that was pretty good too.

Best of but has got to be Champ Man Italia. Juventus are still my second team now from then and always playing as them in that game (and later watching Football Italia on C4).

Notable mentions CM97/98, Fifa 98 and Pro Evo 3.

And This Is Football where you could play as school teams (I'm sure one team had a player called Jobbie) and you could dive.

Does anyone remember there was an official Champions League game as well?

Yes, remember it was brilliant.

I loved Striker on the SNES:
images

Sense soccer all day long, commando and daly Thompson athletic(I think)as well, that was my education

Football Manager (spectrum)
World Cup Italia 90(master system)
Sensible Soccer(mega drive)
This is Football (ps)

Every champ manager until it got silly.

Anyone remember Tactical Manager on the Amiga from 1994 ?

You could also get a Scottish version from the season we signed Boli/Laudrup

Does anybody remember an old football manager game for the PC that used to let you offer bungs and try to rig games? I'm going back to the mid/late 90's. It was a cracking game but can't remember the name of it.

Striker on the SNES, you could make your own kits and even had five a side teams, way ahead of its time

ISS 2
All the old Champ Mans
Monkey Island games were good as well although I was hopeless at trying to finish them

Fifa WC 1998 is a classic and Fifa 99 were the first two games I had.

I also had a football game on my SEGA MegaDrive before that but can't remember the name!

LMA was my favourite, used to love playing this on the PS1/PS2 with the old man but they don't make these kind of games for the consoles anymore which is crap!

Anyone remember Tactical Manager on the Amiga from 1994 ?

You could also get a Scottish version from the season we signed Boli/Laudrup
I got a "copy" of this from the Barras, it was a football manager clone but it was alright.

What's your favourite football game of all-time?

Classics that instantly spring to mind for me are:

• Fifa: Road To World Cup '98
  • Championship Manager 01/02
  • Premier Manager 98

all 3 were classic. RTWC was class as I remember taking St Vincent and the Grenadines all the way to world cup glory.

Indoor arena as well, wonderful. need more of that.

I still play CM0102 only with current squads.

Actua Soccer.

The first proper 3D engine that worked, Barry Davies commentating and lovely gameplay.

I still remember pitching up at PC World in Finnieston Street to buy it. I still have a copy somewhere that works on my old PS2 even now.

Sensible Soccer, Kick Off and ISS

There was also an English management game on the Amiga, mid 90s, where you had to choose shirt sponsors and sell advertising boards but can't remember the name.

Then Championship Manager blew everything else out the water

Pro ev during the 2002-2006 period.Loved that game.My mates and I had some epic stoned pro ev comps back in the day.

Sensible world of soccer all day long.

Think I'm going to have to dig out the amiga from the loft, lost count of the joysticks broken in rage over that game

Premier Manager 98
Sensible World of Soccer
Striker
Ultimate Soccer Manager
Champ Man
Super Kick Off
Fifa 98

Manchester United Europe for the Amiga.

You used to run down the middle of the pitch, shoot and always scored.

All the players were white including Paul Ince.

Started off on Italia 90 for the Mega Drive, what a game. Can still remember the music from it and the way the guy said "Goal!" when you scored.

Then I got Pele for the Mega Drive, was a lot harder than Italia 90 but a cracking game as well.

After those the early FIFA games for the Mega Drive. What a step up in quality those were. The real player names etc.

Then Road to the World Cup 98 for PS1. Amazing game, the jump in quality of the graphics at the time was huge.

ISS Pro was great, still had that arcade game style and feel back then. Probably out of all of the Football games I've played I enjoyed that one most.

Never really played them that much but had to laugh at the thread on the old board with people saying when they got to a cup final they would put a suit on:D

Back